It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rabbi's Compare Trump To "Cyrus The Great"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Yvhmer
Read some more, especially Isaiah 44 and 45. you'll get the idea.

And for those who don't like reading, Isaiah 45 in an honest accurate translation:

I AM JEHOVAH, and there is no one else. ♫

God's name is mentioned 16 times in that chapter alone, why?

Psalms 83:18 explains, for example, in the KJV:

That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.

God's name is mentioned approx. 7000 times in the entire bible, far more than any other name. Why? Joel 2:32 which is quoted at Acts 2:21 and Romans 10:13 explains, in honest consistent translations, for example in the ASV, Joel 2:32a:

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of Jehovah shall be delivered;...

NWT:

And everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved;...

Romans 10:13 and Acts 2:21 (same quotation):

13 For “everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.”

21 And everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.”’

edit on 9-12-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Lol that was just the movies lol..

Both xerxes and darrius were great rulers..

We just here the story from the Greek pov..

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Contrary to popular christian beliefs.. the Jews never prophecized a son of god.. and the Jewish messiahs never had any form of divinity in its meaning..

Your lack of Christian understanding is clear. We know that the Jews never prophesied a Son of God or Messiah that was divine. The Bible tells us that they will eventually come around to the understanding that their promised Messiah is and was Jesus. There are already over 600,000+ Messianic Jews living in Israel who understand this. More will come around as we get closer to the second coming of Jesus, but the majority will not. It doesn't matter what the Jews wanted. The Bible makes it clear (including in the Old Testament), that they either accept the truth, or they will be cut off (Zechariah 13).

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

I heard Trump say he has never asked god for forgiveness. Jews and Christians should think about that.

That's between Trump and God, but in the meanwhile, it's up to us to pray for God to guide him, which Trump himself asks people to do regularly. God can still use him regardless.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

a reply to: Blue_Jay33

I heard Trump say he has never asked god for forgiveness. Jews and Christians should think about that.

That's between Trump and God, but in the meanwhile, it's up to us to pray for God to guide him, which Trump himself asks people to do regularly. God can still use him regardless.

Don't fall for it:

edit on 9-12-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

In reality, it doesn't matter what any of us believe about Trump. God's will be done either way.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Then, he has never said the Lord’s Prayer or any prayer like it. No I will pray for the evangelicals who have been deceived.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Actually, you kind of were.

You lack an understanding of what a messiah is.

The Jews and Christians are both expecting one. The Jews are still looking for the first advent, not believing Christ fulfilled the conditions set by prophecy. They expected a warrior king like David. Christians are looking for the second advent of Christ.

Somewhere in there is the coming of Beast who does its best to counterfeit Christ in every way it can to deceive even the very elect if it can.

During the events of Revelation, it will set itself up as the figure of the second advent and most in the world will fall for it, so much so they will persecute and kill those who don't fall for it and do it gladly. The easiest rule to remember is that the first one who comes is not the messiah or the second coming of Christ.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Then, he has never said the Lord’s Prayer or any prayer like it. No I will pray for the evangelicals who have been deceived.

Plenty of people say that prayer and others like it every day and it's just so much empty noise. The words pass their lips without embedding in their souls.

You can pay lip service to plenty of things without meaning any of it.

And who are you to say what instruments God should or should not use? There are plenty of accounts in the Bible of God working through the most flawed of instruments, even up to using those who were not His own. Who are you to second guess God? I take it you haven't been reading the Job series.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=22939373]ketsuko[/post

You poor deceived soul. You can’t serve two masters.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

I think you might be deceived in thinking that anyone is serving two masters here.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

a reply to: [post=22939373]ketsuko[/post

You poor deceived soul. You can’t serve two masters.

So because I pray every night that God's will be done, I am praying to Trump now?

I think you may be a bit confused on the issue. All that happens here is by His will one way or another.

The instruments He has, He will use, however broken they may be, and there is, in the end, a purpose to it all.

The largest part of faith is trust.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

How do you know god is “using” Trump? If he never asked forgiveness for sinning, how do you know who trump serves?

Satan claimed the governments and riches when he offered them to Jesus in the wilderness.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

How do you know god is “using” Trump? If he never asked forgiveness for sinning, how do you know who trump serves?

That's the whole point of comparing Trump to King Cyrus. We can never be sure who he serves (only God knows for sure). King Cyrus didn't serve God even though God used him to bless the Jews. God can use anyone and it doesn't matter what we (or Trump) thinks or believes.

Satan claimed the governments and riches when he offered them to Jesus in the wilderness.

Once again, while Satan may be called the god or prince of this world, ultimately, Satan can only give or do that which God allows him to. It all belongs to God and he allows others to rule over it at times, but that doesn't mean they own it.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

No give props to Darrius, Xerxes was off his rockers and I got this from Herodotus the Histories.
He lost two armies one the attacking Amonnoians of Siwa and the other Merotic kush, because the king of Kush triggered him into a foolish attack with out preparation both armies died in the desert, archeology confirmed that some yrs ago.

edit on 9-12-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I’m pretty sure King Cyrus decided to serve the Hebrew God. Jehovah said anyone who helped his people were friends. It’s because of that promise the US has served Israel since the “religious right” of the 90’s.

So I read mt 4 again and Satan clearly says “I will give you....”. Jesus would have told him it wasn’t his to give away if it belonged to god.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Spider879

Lol that was just the movies lol..

Both xerxes and darrius were great rulers..

We just here the story from the Greek pov..

Sorry Josh, ma bad, not Xerxes, Cambyses II, he should be compared to Cambyses don't know why I mistake him for Xerxes..

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Because God uses you too.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

God is ultimately in control.

You do not have to worship Him to serve His purpose.

Even Satan cannot fully rebel or else Job would have been killed in all likelihood.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

So I read mt 4 again and Satan clearly says “I will give you....”. Jesus would have told him it wasn’t his to give away if it belonged to god.

Why would Jesus do that? He already knew that Satan was the father of lies and destruction. Jesus would never waste his time arguing with a liar. Instead, he chose to set Satan straight by reminding him that he (and everyone else) had been instructed by God to worship and only serve Him. Something that Satan chose not to do himself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join