It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rabbi's Compare Trump To "Cyrus The Great"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I made a thread on just this during last years election campaign early on, of coarse people laughed at the notion, after all he was going to lose to Hillary Clinton.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now there is this
www.israelnationalnews.com...

Cyrus The Great was a liberator and is seen as a positive historical figure to both Jews and Christians, and he was neither of those faiths.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

I've alluded to this a few times myself.

There is this thought floating around out there in both communities - Jewish and Christian. Cyrus paved the way for the building of the Temple in Jerusalem. If such a thing were to come about because of Trump and his dealings in the region, this has major prophetic significance.
edit on 8-12-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Actually to Jews Cyrus is a messiah and to Christians he is a false messiah..

Because both groups have two vastly different definitions for the word..

Also like 80% of Jews are liberals and vote democrat, so is this one rabbi???

LMAO I just read the article.. it is just one rabbi..

BOY THATS NEWS!!

One rabbi said something...

Aka this is propaganda..

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Wait, so you believe this Rabbi? Why is that exactly?

Sounds like a real peach.

en.wikipedia.org...

In July 2013, Eliyahu ran for the position of Sephardi Chief Rabbi of Israel.[1] Israeli Attorney General Yehuda Weinstein requested that Eliyahu abandon his candidacy, noting that he had made a number of offensive statements against Arabs.[2] Member of Knesset Issawi Frej submitted an emergency petition to the High Court asking that Eliyahu be disqualified, since "election of a racist like Eliyahu to the position would be the start of the destruction of values in the State of Israel".[3] The High Court rejected the petition based on technicalities. In December 2013, Eliyahu petitioned the High Court against the Attorney General for using confidential information that was gathered as part of the failed criminal investigation that Weinstein sent to the election committee in his attempt to prevent Eliyahu from running.[4]

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

"We mentioned to him in the letter that when [the Prophet] Nehemiah came to [Persian King] Cyrus, to establish Jerusalem, to strengthen and fortify its position, all kinds of people of little faith stood among the gentiles and - to our shame - from the elite of our own people, and sought to stop this. But he (Cyrus) was determined to do God's will and the designs of the other people collapsed, and eventually they too understood that God's will would be done.

He was the Chief Rabbi of a council of 250 who authored a letter and this is how they spoke of him in that letter.

So, technically they did only quote "1 rabbi," but he was speaking for 250.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

to Christians he is a false messiah

That doesn't make any sense the christian faith wasn't even established yet, and he wasn't a false anything he was just a King trying to be fair to the Jews
Cyrus liberated the Jews, but was not of the Davidic line nor was he practicing Judaism, thus he couldn't be the Messiah, just somebody the Jews respected because he treated them well.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

How???

That’s just laughable..

Maybe in the Christian community , but Jews and Christians do not share the same definition of messiah..

There is a very specific checklist that must be met for someone to be a messiah and more than a few have met it, but it requires the Jews to be in bondage and be freed FOR SURE..

The Jews are not in vintage to be freed..

Plus don’t like 80% of Jews vote democrat?!?!

The contrast between the Christian mental image of the Jews, their beliefs and traditions is VERY STARK..

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Yes Cyrus the great was a liberator, but he is viewed as s messiah.. something the Jews have many of, but Christians pretend is a phrophecy concerning the son of god..

HISTORY remembers Cyrus as a good leader because nothing negative about him has survived .. so all the surviving texts praise him. It is not something specific to Christianity AT ALL.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

According to Christianity there is only one messiah and all those given the title before and after jesu are considered “false”.

Google false messiahs

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

According to Christianity there is only one messiah and all those given the title before and after jesu are considered “false”.

Google false messiahs

Christians don't call Cyrus a messiah. We don't call Trump one either.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

How???

That’s just laughable..

Maybe in the Christian community , but Jews and Christians do not share the same definition of messiah..

There is a very specific checklist that must be met for someone to be a messiah and more than a few have met it, but it requires the Jews to be in bondage and be freed FOR SURE..

The Jews are not in vintage to be freed..

Plus don’t like 80% of Jews vote democrat?!?!

The contrast between the Christian mental image of the Jews, their beliefs and traditions is VERY STARK..

I think you're misunderstanding the point of the King Cyrus message here. No one, including Jews, are calling Trump the next Messiah. All they are doing is recognizing how God can use anyone, believer or non-believer alike, to carry out the will of God to help his people. That's all. You're reading too much more into this.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I think many believe something concerning Divine intervention 'may' be going on. That President Trump is Favored by God, and is being used by Him in the fulfillment of prophecy.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

My belief is that he is correct to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, it is certainly the religious capital of the Jewish faith and the most important earthly city for all of Christendom.

The bible say's that those that pray or and bless the peace of Zion shall be blessed in return.

Giving Israel outright authority over what is really there's anyway is actually a more true path to peace, the Islamic faith took it by force with bloodshed and so too did the crusaders whom took it back the same way, it has always been a place of war when ever it was in anyone else hand's than those Whom GOD gave it too.

I believe extremely strongly that even if on many counts trump may be a bit too right wing he and America will now see a now period of regeneration and there economy shall rise like a phoenix so long as he stay's true to his word.

But it is a peace that shall not come without blood shed because the Islamic Palestinians and general Islamic world do not want this to happen, they have lain claim to a city that is not there's, deliberately dumped trash upon the wailing wall and used it as a dumping ground even when they new the significance of the site to the Jews and have a long history of atrocity's Against both Jewish and Christian Palestinian's living in the area before the founding of the state of Israel.

Britain stood against Israel when it was formed and so Britain's fortune's waned as a result but had they stood FOR the state of Israel God would surely have blessed us also.

So I believe in the rest of his term Trump shall astound everyone and a lot of money will now flow into the American economy and away from other economy's, there will be war in the middle east though and it will escalate but Israel shall not fall.

All of this has to come to pass, all of it has to happen and it is both prophecy and unavoidable but it shall undoubtedly contribute to a coming war in the region that shall make all other's pale into insignificance and spread to the whole world, indeed according to that prophecy the nation's of the world shall be convened there

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

No.

I think we will have a bit of time, but the writing is on the wall for us. We're too far gone over here.

Our wings will be clipped. Look at us. We have Cyrus in charge if everything is speculated on is accurate. God is using him to achieve a purpose. America has not turned away from anything.

God needs things done, and this is how it will happen is all.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

All they are doing is recognizing how God can use anyone, believer or non-believer alike, to carry out the will of God

Correct, this poster gets it

Nebuchadnezzar is another bible example, both empowered and cursed by God all in one lifetime, and he wasn't even a believer.
edit on 8-12-2017 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Well I wasn’t the one proposing they were calling them messiahs..

I was the one saying it is ridiculous..

on top of that it is basically impossible since both groups have VASTLY different definitions of what a messiah is..

Contrary to popular christian beliefs.. the Jews never prophecized a son of god.. and the Jewish messiahs never had any form of divinity in its meaning..

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

considering cyrus the great was the first (I think first) and by far the most popular Jewish messiah. Imho that is obvious what they are saying... or trying to make people think.

If not there are 1000 other figures they could compare him to.. 9999 of them far closer comparisons.

It’s BS and propaganda...I mean it is 1000 more blantant than the christ iconography In movies such as man of Steel..

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Indeed, JoshuaCox, you did not claim that. What you claimed is that Cyrus is not considered a messiah by Christians.

messiah (n.)

c. 1300, Messias, from Late Latin Messias, from Greek Messias, from Aramaic (Semitic) meshiha and Hebrew mashiah "the anointed" (of the Lord), from mashah "anoint."

This is the word rendered in Septuagint as Greek Khristos (see Christ). In Old Testament prophetic writing, it was used of an expected deliverer of the Jewish nation. The modern English form represents an attempt to make the word look more Hebrew, and dates from the Geneva Bible (1560). Transferred sense of "an expected liberator or savior of a captive people" is attested from 1660s.

What Cyrus did is typical for an attribute Jesus would be doing. A Cyrus par excellence. Call it a label attached post fact.

Sweeping statements like Christians believe this or that, is attesting to the fact you know nothing of Christian thought in a broader sense. Read some more, especially Isaiah 44 and 45. you'll get the idea.
edit on 9-12-2017 by Yvhmer because: added thought.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   

More like Xerxes, bumbling and unthinking, easily triggered.
edit on 9-12-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I heard Trump say he has never asked god for forgiveness. Jews and Christians should think about that.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join