It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expert concludes Roy Moore wrote disputed entry in accuser's yearbook, lawyer says

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

So, you think the great people of the state of Alabama have the collective right to ignore federal law as interpreted by the U.S. Supreme Court?

When that decision contradicts the words of the Constitution, yes. We tried leaving the Yankees alone even, once. That didn't work out so well. So now you guys get to deal with Senator Judge Roy Moore.

I have always maintained that when Barack Obama said that small town southerners were inclined to cling to their guns & Bibles, he was close. What he should have said is that they were inclined to hide behind their guns & Bibles.

Hiding behind? LOL. How exactly am I hiding behind anything? I'm talking directly to you and not mincing words.

I can see from your profile that you are from Alabama? Have ya’ll had your water checked lately?

And proudly so. Lifelong resident, born on this same spot of land that I will someday die on, if I have my way. Not too far from Gadsden, BTW. I was there a few weeks ago.

My water comes straight out of the ground. Yes, I have had it tested... hard (sulfur, iron, calcium) but completely uncontaminated. I had the local city water tested too. It came back "unfit for human consumption."

Might want to check yours.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
im a little late to the party can anyone tell me what this guy wrote that was so bad so i can even know what this is all about.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN

No...what makes me upset is you calling all republicans pedophiles. The Clinton "misdeeds" as you refer to them which is telling itself...are not misdeeds but the actual crime of basically sexual assault by taking advantage of a young woman in the Oval office then lying about it.

There is nothing other than not under oath accusations. I don't dismiss them however when evidence does come out about one individual being untruthful about the yearbook evidence, and the made up mall story it is a lot easier to give the benefit of doubt to the accused.

Gloria Allred could easily file a civil suit which do not have any statue of limitations and everyone would be under oath but instead calls multiple press conferences without any proof but lots of empty oathless accusations. Why not have her client give a sworn affadavit registered with a court ?

It is just unfair to accuse someone of such a crime and not follow thru other than press conference and multiple interviews. Its preposterous for someone to call other people like all Republicans pedophiles because their party supports someone accused of it when the only evidence produced has been shown to be false and partially false.

And for the record, I voted for Bill the first go around, never liked Hillary and didn't need a Russian to tell me not to. I would have voted for Bernie but the DNC conspired to make sure that never happened and as for Trump...I kind of like him so far...he may not be the one responsiable for it but the swamp is draining and fast with another Florida Democrat gone Friday and lots of Republican will be right behind them

And when exactly did I call all Republicans pedophiles?

What I said was that the republicans are supporting a pedophile.

Now, if you can show me where either, the state or the national arm of the GOP is not giving their full support to Roy Moore’s election bid, I’d very much like to see it.

Problem is, you can’t.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

I won't be surprised if Moore loses because it's been made so plausible that he could lose and that a Democrat could win. A lot of effort has gone into making it plausible-enough for the talking heads who would discuss it in the aftermath of a Moore defeat.

OTOH, Allred has her filthy fingerprints on this issue. If I was a politician with a dirty past and accusers coming out of the woodwork, I'd know Allred was the one I could count on to help me clear my name by sabotaging an unsuspecting accuser's claims. We all know that Allred has no integrity and can be bought, fame-seeker that she is.

On that note....I noticed that Allred is under investigation for possible misconduct. My money is that it's due to a former client that was totally scr*wed by her and expected her to make good or else he would report her to the California Bar Association. Link

But then, I am a tinfoil hat conspiracy theorist. And we all know that means I am a possible psychopathic killer?

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Flatfish

I know what one is, you know what one is and when you support one, you’re no better than he is. Plain & simple.

Nope you don't and I'm not supporting him, I would not vote for him if I was in his state.. You are not getting very much correct here...

In my statement that you quoted, I didn’t mean “you” literally. I meant when someone supports pedophelia, they are no better than the pedophile.

And yes, I do know what one is. Are you saying that a 14 yr old is not a child?

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
im a little late to the party can anyone tell me what this guy wrote that was so bad so i can even know what this is all about.

He wrote in my Yearbook, He wrote in my Yearbook As Follows, "To a Sweeter, More Beautiful girl I could not say Merry Christmas Christmas 1977 Love, Roy Moore Old Hickory House.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

The yearbook message shows that Roy Moore did know Nelson even though he claims he didn't know her. But I could see how he might not recall her and think it could be a meaningless error in recollection.

Other than that though -- for me -- it's the word in the closing...'Love." It's skeevy.

That's why 'Love' is really the only word that I focused on in considering if any important part of the yearbook signing might be 'forged.' I don't find the note at the end to be significant. It's clearly in someone else's handwriting even if Nelson said he wrote it intitially. She was reading from a prepared script that I bet Allred prepared for her.

But, as far as the word 'Love,' is concerned...it does kind of look like it maybe/might have been 'squeezed in,' after the fact, when compared with another note Moore wrote to an accuser that says they once dated:

Roy left a lot of space between the end of that graduation note message and his signed name.

If he did the same in Nelson's year book, then the word 'Love,' could have easily been squeezed in to evoke a more visceral response to the yearbook message.

That's my take, anyway.

edit on 12/9/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Nope

Although girls typically begin the process of puberty at age 10 or 11, and boys at age 11 or 12,[3] criteria for pedophilia extend the cut-off point for prepubescence to age 13.

A pedophile goes after children and that basically means prepubescent. A 14 year old is a young adult, and even as recently as 2001 was legal in Hawaii. Those it may seem a few short years in difference there is a world of difference between pre and post purity.

By yelling pedophile around as your main point does not do justice to your thoughts on this and you just sound like someone just pissed off and rambling.

It is not that I agree with any of it, but old Roy could have dated 14-17 yearolds and be perfectly legal to do that depending on the state, while maybe still breaking a lot of social norms in the process.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

"Love" looks to be at a different angle than both "Christmas" and "Ray".

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

No Sir...the real problem is that you have absolutely nothing you can show anyone that Moore is a pedophile. You have a year book inscription that a local celebrity (I don't understand that myself) politely signed and a woman 39 years later making baseless claims and later admitting to adding to the inscription after inferring that it was all Moore's writing. Her credibility is zero at this point.

Not one of the accusers has yet to step forward with a sworn affadavit nor have they filed any civil lawsuits which eventually would require sworn testimony. Nor is there any other corroborating evidence what so ever.

And no...Republicans are supporting a man accused of attempting to date an underage person, legally very different from pedophilia. And no Republican can control what the party nor a candidate does and no doubts there are 100's of thousands not happy about their support.

How about you show one scintillia of evidence other than unsworn accusations that show the charges are true ?

Problem is, you can't.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

So, you think the great people of the state of Alabama have the collective right to ignore federal law as interpreted by the U.S. Supreme Court?

When that decision contradicts the words of the Constitution, yes.

Yeah well, Chief Justice Roy Moore thought so too and how did that work out for him?

Your own Alabama Court of the Judiciary removed him from the bench, that’s how. Are they not representative of the people of the state of Alabama? Did ya’ll not elect them to their positions or have them appointed there by someone you did elect?

What I’m trying to say here is that the rest of us didn’t throw Roy Moore off the Alabama Supreme Court and neither did “the establishment,” Alabama did.

We tried leaving the Yankees alone even, once. That didn't work out so well. So now you guys get to deal with Senator Judge Roy Moore.

And if he gets elected, I’m sure they will. Not to mention he’ll probably be loneliest senator ever, with his only friends being other sexual predators. As in the POTUS.

Hiding behind? LOL. How exactly am I hiding behind anything? I'm talking directly to you and not mincing words.

I don’t think he ever meant “all southerners” and I didn’t either. I too, live in the Deep South and I do own guns and a Bible.

I was talking specifically about Roy Moore and the way he waved his little gun around during a campaign rally and the way he tries to pretend that his religious beliefs supersede constitutional law, as interpreted by those charged and duly appointed and sworn to doing so.

And proudly so. Lifelong resident, born on this same spot of land that I will someday die on, if I have my way. Not too far from Gadsden, BTW. I was there a few weeks ago.

My water comes straight out of the ground. Yes, I have had it tested... hard (sulfur, iron, calcium) but completely uncontaminated. I had the local city water tested too. It came back "unfit for human consumption."

Might want to check yours.

TheRedneck

I too live on my own land and I get my water from any one of three water wells I have on the property. Even though it’s been tested, I don’t drink the ground water without it first going through a reverse osmosis process.
edit on 9-12-2017 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Nope

Although girls typically begin the process of puberty at age 10 or 11, and boys at age 11 or 12,[3] criteria for pedophilia extend the cut-off point for prepubescence to age 13.

A pedophile goes after children and that basically means prepubescent. A 14 year old is a young adult, and even as recently as 2001 was legal in Hawaii. Those it may seem a few short years in difference there is a world of difference between pre and post purity.

By yelling pedophile around as your main point does not do justice to your thoughts on this and you just sound like someone just pissed off and rambling.

It is not that I agree with any of it, but old Roy could have dated 14-17 yearolds and be perfectly legal to do that depending on the state, while maybe still breaking a lot of social norms in the process.

Well, if that’s the legal definition then I can agree with your position on a technical basis only and I apologize if I sound like I’m rambling. I won’t use that term with respect to Roy Moore in the future.

Just the same, regardless of what the state of Hawaii used to think or the legal definition is, you’ll never convince me that a 14 yr old girl is adult enough to make sexual decisions.

Puberty or not, in my book she is still a child, mentally.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: abago71

"Love" looks to be at a different angle than both "Christmas" and "Ray".

I noticed that, too.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

Look, I wouldn’t need a single accuser to convince me that Alabama deserves better than Roy Moore as a representative in the U.S. senate.

Like I said, he has a track record of total disregard for the law and has been removed from the state Supreme Court bench, twice, for doing so.

On top of that, the man is a nut-job who hides behind his religion and his little gun.

It just so happens that a number of women have come out and accused him of sexual misconduct and I happen to believe them.

If you don’t, that’s fine. You’re the only one who has to live with that.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Well crap...finally something we can agree on !

I know Alabama can do better and hope they do. I agree he is a religious fanatic but most of Alabama is as well. I have no idea what you mean by "little gun" so I think I will leave that alone.

And forgive me for actually believeing in our Constitution which requires guilt beyond a reasonable doubt...you are the one who must live with prosecuting someone without proof.

Perhaps you are reincarnated from Salem when little girls and adult religious fanatics alike ran around screaming that this person and that are witches...at least we don't burn people at the stake anymore...but history does repeat itself. We do run around screaming that people are pedos much like they did but accusing people of being witches.

So how long before you are ready to get the stakes and start the fires ? I will be the first person to throw this guy into a cell if he ever admits guilt but I have a real problem with people who shout accusations and frabricate evidence and are unwilling to make a sworn statement before a court...just a real red flag for me. And none of the accussers that I am aware of has yet bothered to leave their multiple interviews and provide a sworn statement.

The best thing to happen is for him to lose. The next best thing is for him to win so that the ethics committee will swear in witnesses and hear actual testimony in stead of he said she said

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

Well I’ll tell ya this, at this point I believe that Roy Moore is guilty of what these women are accusing him of. The very same way I believe the women that accused Bill Clinton, Bill Cosby, Al Franken and Harvey Weinstein.

People get prosecuted without absolute proof all the time. Hell, sometimes they’re convicted on circumstantial evidence alone.

But I’m not prosecuting him, I’m just expressing my opinion.

The man is a freak. (That’s just my opinion, not an established fact)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Well crap...finally something we can agree on !

I know Alabama can do better and hope they do. I agree he is a religious fanatic but most of Alabama is as well....

....The best thing to happen is for him to lose.

Is it?

I cringe at Roy Moore's fundamentalism mixed with his espoused politics and approach to law.

But then I go to his opponent's website and see this pic in front of the "16th Street Baptist Church:"

Meet Doug Jones!

And I am every bit as disturbed. There's no attempt to even obfuscate the pandering and exploitation.

The next best thing is for him to win so that the ethics committee will swear in witnesses and hear actual testimony in stead of he said she said

I think that would best be taken care of in a civil court. And I think one side would actually do that if they could prove the other side was making knowingly false statements.

But neither side can. These incidents happened too long ago and the accusers didn't take care to preserve any kind of evidence or file criminal reports (in the case of the 14 year old). Justice isn't just guaranteed to be handed out to people who don't fight for it.

edit on 12/9/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Yeah well, Chief Justice Roy Moore thought so too and how did that work out for him?

It got him re-elected once.

Your own Alabama Court of the Judiciary removed him from the bench, that’s how. Are they not representative of the people of the state of Alabama? Did ya’ll not elect them to their positions or have them appointed there by someone you did elect?

No, we didn't.

The Court is composed of the following:
  • The Chief Judge of the Court, an appellate judge chosen by the Supreme Court from a court other than the Supreme Court.
  • Two circuit judges and one district judge, chosen by the District Judges' Association.
  • Two members of the Alabama State Bar and chosen by them.
  • Three nonlegal professionals appointed by the Governor of Alabama with consent of the Alabama Senate

We do not elect members of the State Bar, nor do we elect members of the District Judges' Association. And remember who the Governor was until recently? Robert Bentley, the guy we kicked out of office for being an establishment hack.

What I’m trying to say here is that the rest of us didn’t throw Roy Moore off the Alabama Supreme Court and neither did “the establishment,” Alabama did.

You might have been trying to say that, but it came out "I have absolutely no idea about Alabama politics."

I was talking specifically about Roy Moore and the way he waved his little gun around during a campaign rally and the way he tries to pretend that his religious beliefs supersede constitutional law, as interpreted by those charged and duly appointed and sworn to doing so.

As if we needed any more proof of your total lack of understanding of Alabama politics...

Judge Moore based his decision on an Alabama Constitutional Amendment that had recently passed. It passed because the people of the state voted it in (I actually thought it was kinda silly, but it did pass overwhelmingly, probably in response to a previous issue concerning adoption). The US Supreme Court decided the people of Alabama didn't have the right to govern themselves, and handed down what was, in effect, legislation that overrode that amendment.

The decision was based on Alabama Law, not on his personal religious beliefs.

"Tiny little gun"? LOL, you might want to educate yourself on firearms too. That looked like a .38 snub... tiny gun, big bullets. When using a firearm, it is typically the bullets that do the damage. Not many people (around here anyway) throw their guns at attackers.

YMMV. Don't let me tell you how to use a firearm.

I too live on my own land and I get my water from any one of three water wells I have on the property.

Congratulations... I think? You had a good excuse going there...

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

But neither side can.

Actually, they can take it to civil court... the accuser for damages and Moore for slander.

I would like to see that, but it is a wise decision for Moore to wait until after the election. That way there will at least be actual documented official statements made under oath from both sides, and actual unbiased examination of any evidence. Even if no real decision is reached, the parties involved will have an opportunity to tell their side of the story, and the people can decide from there.

Either party could launch the suit. Moore is not going to until after the election, obviously. I don't understand why the accusers haven't done so, though... they have no campaign taking up all their time (except maybe one to ruin a man for political beliefs).

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Well...I wish he had pulled out long ago or that Luther Strange had won the Primary but the people of Alabama decided that and now we are stuck.

Honestly, the Judge's religious fanaticism as well as some of his political ideology is far afield of my own. I do realize that a large segment of our country find hope in religion and perhaps comfort so I can live with a public prayer.

I wish others could be as accepting of other beliefs or non beliefs and accept that politicians must reach out to those groups and hope they can do so without compromising Constitutional rights. Fanaticism or any "ism" is spooky and should be shuned
edit on 12/9/2017 by DJMSN because: Correction

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join