It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expert concludes Roy Moore wrote disputed entry in accuser's yearbook, lawyer says

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Source

Moore for weeks has denied that the 1977 message was his handwriting and said he doesn't remember the woman, Beverly Young Nelson. But in a news conference Friday in Atlanta, attorney Gloria Allred said handwriting expert Arthur T. Anthony compared the yearbook signature to others by Moore in the years since and determined he wrote the decades-old entry.

The "expert" is one of only two accredited people in Georgia by The American Society of Questioned Document Examiners.

+27 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: links234
Um....... the woman has already admitted she faked the yearbook entry in an ABC interview.

ATS thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
Source

Moore for weeks has denied that the 1977 message was his handwriting and said he doesn't remember the woman, Beverly Young Nelson. But in a news conference Friday in Atlanta, attorney Gloria Allred said handwriting expert Arthur T. Anthony compared the yearbook signature to others by Moore in the years since and determined he wrote the decades-old entry.

The "expert" is one of only two accredited people in Georgia by The American Society of Questioned Document Examiners.

So they couldnt use an independent analyst, it had to be a person they chose.

Lets look at this article shall we.

Below it is written a date, "12-22-1977," and "Olde Hickory House," the restaurant where Young worked. Moore supporters used discrepancies in the handwriting between those notes and the message to bring the entry into question, but Young said she wrote the notes herself to remember when and where a man she respected wrote the message.

www.wcvb.com...

Sp let me get this straight.

This woman and her lawyer Allred have known for a while now that people were saying this part of the writing seemed different.

In fact, the woman and allred seemed to imply at the first press conference that Moore had written it all.

So instead of immediately announcing when apparently people started to discreditr this over the "old hickory" part and the date that actually moore didnt write that oart, they kept quiet for about a month.

Then they announce "Oh yeah, by the way, Moore didnt write that part"

That is ridiculous.

Until they allow an independent professional to look at this, I dont believe them.

edit on 8-12-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776
Um....... the woman has already admitted she faked the yearbook entry in an ABC interview.

So much for "expert" lol kind of rich I would say....

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

It's amazing how conservative media released headlines proclaiming an admitted fake just hours before an analyst proclaimed the yearbook entry to be Roy Moore's handwriting. Almost as if they're trying to get the jump on the news...

a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

Did she? Because that's not what that Breitbart article says at all.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

That is ridiculous.

Until they allow an independent professional to look at this, I dont believe them.

I wonder if they can tell the age of ink too...as in is it 40 years old or 4 weeks old...

oops found this...

This technique managed to spot the age of the ink on documents written up to five years previously and with an approximation margin of about 20%. In other words, when applying this analysis procedure, the team can indicate whether the document was written 1,500 days previously (just over four years) with a margin of 300 days either way. Until now, the passing of time was detected only in a very general way, in other words, it was possible to determine whether the document was young (whether it was less than 90 days old) or old (more than 2 years).

So lets see if the ink is younger than 90 days or older than 2 years...hmmm
edit on 8-12-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The entire forgery was dreamed up by lawyer Gloria Allred.

She's been behind false accusations many times before this one.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

It's amazing how conservative media released headlines proclaiming an admitted fake just hours before an analyst proclaimed the yearbook entry to be Roy Moore's handwriting. Almost as if they're trying to get the jump on the news...

What are you talking about?

The story that broke today was from ABC, you know, the left leaning MSM source that hates trump so much they just got caught making up a story to hurt him.

They interviewed the woman, who finally admitted that she wrote the bottom portion and had lied when she said (or her lawyer said Moore had wrote it all.

So in fct you have it backwards.

After this woman made herself look bad on a left wing source, her lawyer later comes out and says that an expert they chose says they are right.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

The story that broke today was from ABC, you know, the left leaning MSM source that hates trump so much they just got caught making up a story to hurt him.

They interviewed the woman, who finally admitted that she wrote the bottom portion and had lied when she said (or her lawyer said Moore had wrote it all.

After this woman made herself look bad on a left wing source, her lawyer later comes out and says that an expert they chose says they are right.

According to politofact that is totally wrong.

And yeah the news outlets jumped on a false story.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

According to politofact that is totally wrong.

And yeah the news outlets jumped on a false story.

What is wrong?

That she gave ABC an interview where she said this?

Would you like a link to the interview?

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I find it crazy that we put so much of our energy into something that affects us not one bit other than for us to say "your side sucks". Pretty childish in my opinion.

You'd think WE were the ones being accused with how much we defend or excuse the actions of others.
edit on 12/8/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

link   

She admitted no such thing. You’ve been reading too much Brietbart.

She said she wrote “notes” under Roy Moore’s message and signature. I watched the interview and it was clear that she was talking about the date and the name of the restaurant, (Old Hickory House) where she worked.

Roy Moore probably used the restaurant as a hunting ground for under age girls, just like he did the local mall. At least up until they barred him.

Roy Moore is a goddamn pedophile and the Republicans just love him, go figure.

link   

Yes where she said she made notes? She certainly doesn't say she forged the yearbook.

Could you show it? Word for word?

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Yes where she said she made notes? She certainly doesn't say she forged the yearbook.

Please post where I said she forged the yearbook.

I said she originally said Moore wrote the whole thing, and has changed her story today to say she wrote the bottom part of it.

Show me how that is wrong.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Please post where I said she forged the yearbook.

I said she originally said Moore wrote the whole thing, and has changed her story today to say she wrote the bottom part of it.

Show me how that is wrong.

Ad

Pants on Fire!
"Gloria Allred Accuser **ADMITS** She Tampered With Roy Moore’s Yearbook 'Signature.' "
— Bloggers on Friday, December 8th, 2017 in a blog post

No, Roy Moore accuser didn't admit she forged his signature in her yearbook
By Manuela Tobias on Friday, December 8th, 2017 at 3:26 p.m.

Roy Moore Continues to Deny Sexual Assault Allegations at Campaign Rally
WHNT - Huntsville, AL

00:0001:43
A conspiracy-minded website attempted to cast doubt on evidence presented by one of eight women who accused Roy Moore of sexual assault in a misleading headline days ahead of the Alabama Senate race.

"WE CALLED IT! Gloria Allred Accuser **ADMITS** She Tampered With Roy Moore’s Yearbook ‘Signature’ (VIDEO)," the headline reads on The Gateway Pundit. We found similar posts on Breitbart, "Roy Moore Accuser Beverly Nelson Admits She Forged Yearbook," and on the blog Silence is Consent, "Roy Moore accuser admits she forged yearbook inscription."

Beverly Young Nelson accused Roy Moore of groping her when she was 16 years old and he, in his 30s, was the deputy district attorney of Etowah County. As evidence, Nelson presented a note she said Moore wrote in her high school yearbook before the incident took place. Nelson has been represented by celebrity lawyer Gloria Allred.

The inscription reads, "To a sweeter, more beautiful girl I could not say Merry Christmas. Christmas 1977. Love, Roy Moore, D.A."

Below the signature reads 12-22-77, Olde Hickory House.

Moore’s defenders have pointed out the date and place seem to have been written in different ink and handwriting than the note.

In a Dec. 8 Good Morning America interview with Nelson about Moore’s response to the allegations (he denies them) and her experience since taking her story public, Nelson addressed the inconsistency. Nelson said she added the date and place of the inscription.

"He signed your yearbook?" ABC News reporter Tom Llamas asked Nelson.

"He did sign it," Nelson said.

"And you made some notes underneath?" Llamas asked.

"Yes," Nelson said.

"Nelson said she did make notes to the inscription, but the message was all Roy Moore," the video voiceover says.

To summarize, Nelson says she added the time and location to the inscription. But she says the note and signature was from Moore.

That’s not what the headlines of the Gateway Pundit, Breitbart or Silence is Consent. All three say Nelson said she either tampered with Moore’s signature or forged the inscription.
www.politifact.com...

edit on 8-12-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I guess this will have to be explained as well.

Three weeks ago, Washington Post’s Philip Bump consulted former FBI agent Mark Songer, a forensics documents examiner, to examine a yearbook produced by one of Roy Moore’s accusers as evidence he assaulted her. The expert concluded that the “writing seems consistent with one writer.”

www.washingtonpost.com... rm=.38258b602ab2

The problem is, Nelson has admitted to adding "notes," under Moore's signature. If the "writing seems consistent with one writer," and Nelson has admitted to what she added, this whole thing is one big inconsistent mess.

edit on 8-12-2017 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Seems to me that the only reason she admitted the "notes" after his signature were hers is that their hand-picked expert must've proved that part to be a forgery.

So she had to come out and claim she made notes to remember how important he was. Okay....

Ms. Allred, just release the yearbook. Let Moore's side analyze and date the signature. If it really is his handwriting then what's the problem?!

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
I guess this will have to be explained as well.

Three weeks ago, in a partisan effort to dismiss what is now an admitted forgery, the left-wing Washington Post’s Philip Bump (already a proven liar) consulted former FBI agent Mark Songer, a forensics documents examiner, to examine a yearbook produced by one of Roy Moore’s accusers as evidence he assaulted her. The expert concluded that the “writing seems consistent with one writer.”

www.washingtonpost.com... rm=.38258b602ab2

The problem is, Nelson has admitted to adding "notes," under Moore's signature. If the "writing seems consistent with one writer" and Nelson has admitted to what she added, this whole thing is one big inconsistent mess.

Sounds more like bad reporting. Maybe she told him her notes which were not the description in question were not og.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

She admitted no such thing. You’ve been reading too much Brietbart.

She said she wrote “notes” under Roy Moore’s message and signature. I watched the interview and it was clear that she was talking about the date and the name of the restaurant, (Old Hickory House) where she worked.

Roy Moore probably used the restaurant as a hunting ground for under age girls, just like he did the local mall. At least up until they barred him.

Roy Moore is a goddamn pedophile and the Republicans just love him, go figure.

Yes you are right she is saying she wrote the old hickory part and the date.

However, in her original press conference, she said moore wrote the part about old hickory.

See around 11:30 here.

This article in the OP shows they knew that people had questions about this part for around a month now, but instead of clarifying and saying "Oh I misspoke, Moore didnt write that part" they said nothing.

Now today they say she wrote that part, which is her changing the story.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I guess this so-called "expert" is about as useless and worthless as the liberal MSM talking heads are.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join