It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WaPo calls out CNN for Fake News on Trump/Russia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
It's almost sad. Trump calls them Fake News. They respond with a resoundng no we are not. Get caught peddling Fake News. The MSM is full of morons. Now you have validated Trump's claim. Let's wait who is getting suspended or fired next.

It's unbelievably easy for Trump. He does nothing and still they manage to fail.

CNN insists no one is getting suspended because they didn't violate any journalistic standards. I take this to mean they don't really have any journalistic standards.

ETA: My bad, didn't see pavil already posted this info on the previous page.
edit on 8 12 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The media keeps making mistakes when it comes to trump. People are starting tonotice . However the damage is done as others do not hear the corrections. In fact i can think of some huge ones that i still see people quote.

A claim made ABC News on Friday evening corrected an explosive special report that aired in the morning saying that Donald Trump, as a candidate for president, had asked Michael Flynn to make contact with Russians.

The Claim: Former Attorney General Loretta Lynch recused herself in 2016 from the federal investigation of Hillary Clinton's private and unauthorized State Department email server.

The Source: CNN's Don Lemon

The Facts: Lynch never recused herself.

Oh and this were CNN was called out for calling the dossier as being proved this was shown wrong as well.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Just about every fact we have heard involving Russian colusion has been shown to be fake. Even Flynn most people dont realize the FBI tricked him. And lets not forget Flynn being set up by the fbi by the very same agent that that mueller removed from his team.

FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe Tricked Flynn, Had No Attorney Present Because He Didn’t Know He Was Being Investigated
stateofthenation2012.com...

In other words, the Justice Department wasnt seeking information about what Flynn said to Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak the intelligence agencies already had that information. Instead, Flynn was being quizzed on his precise recollection of the conversations and nailed for lying when his recollections deviated from the transcripts.”

Almost everything we were led to believe on the russian probe is a lie.

edit on 12/8/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Exactly right. It's not a mistake that all of this misreporting keeps happening.

In my view, it's being done on purpose.

I have to Agree. At the very start of the Trump Phenomena, I gave them the benefit of a doubt. Now it's painfully clear.

I don't remember the MSM making this many errors on the Obama Adminstration, Do You?

Just saying..........

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Exactly right. It's not a mistake that all of this misreporting keeps happening.

I have to Agree. At the very start of the Trump Phenomena, I gave them the benefit of a doubt. Now it's painfully clear.

I don't remember the MSM making this many errors on the Obama Adminstration, Do You?

Just saying..........

Well they did basically say during the campaign that they were abandoning their normal journalistic standards because Trump was too evil and they had to try everything to stop him. I'm paraphrasing.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
CNN has been fake news for 30 years. This is nothing new.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Case and point.

twitter.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Case and point.

twitter.com...

I'm hearing now this guy admitted his photo was misleading.

How do you retain your job with a news outlet if you admit to intentionally misleading people?

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: oriondc

I recall during Desert Storm the two “reporters” in a staged area (potted palm trees and sand on the floor) acting like a incoming gas attack was coming. The whole bit looked like something out of an Abbott and Costello movie. Although I am sure they were shooting for Bing Corsby/Bob Hope Road to Baghdad type of bit.
edit on 10-12-2017 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Case and point.

twitter.com...

How do you retain your job with a news outlet if you admit to intentionally misleading people?

Today, President Trump declared that Liberal Media is a "STAIN ON AMERICA".

President Trump on Sunday slammed “the Fake News Media,” which he called “out of control,” after a string of major errors in reporting on his presidency emerged over the past week.

“Very little discussion of all the purposely false and defamatory stories put out this week by the Fake News Media,” he tweeted. “They are out of control - correct reporting means nothing to them.”

The president continued, “Major lies written, then forced to be withdrawn after they are exposed...a stain on America!”
Source: www.foxnews.com...

It's too bad he couldn't say on Twitter what KIND OF STAIN. (Think: poop)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: face23785

Case and point.

twitter.com...

Today, President Trump declared that Liberal Media is a "STAIN ON AMERICA".

President Trump on Sunday slammed “the Fake News Media,” which he called “out of control,” after a string of major errors in reporting on his presidency emerged over the past week.

“Very little discussion of all the purposely false and defamatory stories put out this week by the Fake News Media,” he tweeted. “They are out of control - correct reporting means nothing to them.”

The president continued, “Major lies written, then forced to be withdrawn after they are exposed...a stain on America!”
Source: www.foxnews.com...

It's too bad he couldn't say on Twitter what KIND OF STAIN. (Think: poop)

He's right. And despite what the pundits like to say, no that's actually not an attack on the 1st amendment. People who think that are uninformed, or intentionally lying. The fact they have to default to that shows they have no real argument. The 1st Amendment forbids Congress from writing laws which restrict freedom of the press. The President isn't Congress, and he doesn't write laws. He can bash them all he wants, it has absolutely nothing to do with the 1st Amendment.

<< 1   >>

join