It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit deal: Where the hell is the outcry?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: fusiondoe
Eu will keep the transitional period going for years and years

Hogwash. It's not the EU that is trying to keep the transitional processs going "for years and years". It are the Brits themselves, as they are confused - and scared.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: fusiondoe

She done a great job. If the UK wants to keep the commen market which it does. Then Europe will still have jurisdiction of UK law and human rights A brilliant deal.

Brexit gang you have been duuped. But really what do you expect..

lol some more.

its great

:-)
edit on 8-12-2017 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

Where are the protests? Are my fellow leave voters just going to sit there and tolerate what May has done. Sold us down the river completely.

What a gutless race of people we are that we are not out protesting, or even tearing Westminster to pieces.

I am no good on my own! I call for every member of ATS who voted leave-and your leave voting friends- to join me in storming Westminster.

We did not vote for this and I knew all along May was a sell out.

Ok I’ve calmed down now - But seriously what a joke. Why on Earth was a remainer ever put in power in the first place.

I don't think leaving the EU is a good idea at all, I never have. That being said, it's happening, badly but it's happening.

I'll join you in storming Westminster though, she's screwing the country up good and proper

She was a remainer, maybe this was her strategy all along?

The EU wants all our countries to become one super-country, the United States of Europe, with a single treasury, economic policy, armed forces, immigration policy. Many EU countries still have national service, where school-leavers serve in the miltary for a year. The UK would have to reintroduce this in order to conform with the rest of Europe.
That was always the plan; the British public would never go for it, especially after Word War II, but the politicians kept the plans secret for decades.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa
a reply to: djz3ro

You mean London.
Govt have forgotten that there is a "rest of England".

I'm sick of austerity.
Its a lie that we are really broke.
Still got cash for foreign aid.
Its the Tavistock mob running this scam to destroy society and rule a downtrodden wage slave population.
Rule by poverty.
Too many homeless.
Too many food banks.
Too many sick and disabled cut off to starve or beg or rely on friends and family.

The EU demanding cash is sickening.

It's the London liberals who sold off our manufacturing industry a decade ago. We were told that it was a virtuous cycle that by selling off our high-tech manufacturing companies to China, we could get products made cheaper and make our money go further, while they got to asset strip the pension schemes. The Chinese would buy our old scrap metal and convert it into new products and sell them back to us. But they were clever and realized that if they made things that didn't last, they could sell even more. So the UK ended up with a massive currency trade deficit. All the government can do is to keep borrowing every year to keep social services going. But that still needs more interest payments. So they need to keep salaries down. Then they flog off everything they can get their sticky fingers on; everything from national parks to new apartments in London.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Where are the protests? Are my fellow leave voters just going to sit there and tolerate what May has done. Sold us down the river completely.

What a gutless race of people we are that we are not out protesting, or even tearing Westminster to pieces.

I am no good on my own! I call for every member of ATS who voted leave-and your leave voting friends- to join me in storming Westminster.

We did not vote for this and I knew all along May was a sell out.

Ok I’ve calmed down now - But seriously what a joke. Why on Earth was a remainer ever put in power in the first place.

Looking back over whats happened with this matter, we can now see the purpose of the brexit vote was to take the heat out of the 'get out' push, and then undo it a year or so later as that will then deflate the push and put and end to it forever.

I wondered why some of the elite supported it, now I have my answer.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
It's the London liberals who sold off our manufacturing industry a decade ago.

In your own words... What manufacturing industry was sold off?

To the OP. This is just the first stage. The real business will down to the trade talks and the future UK/EU relationship. In Brexit, there are too many sides and the mantra is either that May has done too much, or too little. I think she's done a difficult job quite well. The key is the future arrangements.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I Voted to stay, but i'll gladly join you in torching Westminster. I have my own reasons.

edit on 9-12-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
ps, Strong and Stable..

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

She done a great job. If the UK wants to keep the commen market which it does. Then Europe will still have jurisdiction of UK law and human rights A brilliant deal.

lol some more.

its great

There is no deal yet, only agreement on some aspects of BREXIT and if there is no full agreement then there still could be a hard BREXIT. Like was said previously by TM, No deal is better than a bad deal and the Chairman of Witherspoons spelt out why on the BBc news this morning. A lot of the negativity is disinformation and BS. I beleive and always have that we should walk away because we will ultimately be better off including lowe food prices in the UK etc etc. In March 2019 we will be 200m a week better off if we hard BREXIT and the tariff babble is a red herring!

My thread continues to capture the BREXIT stpry

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

lol some more.

its great

There is no deal yet, only agreement on some aspects of BREXIT and if there is no full agreement then there still could be a hard BREXIT. Like was said previously by TM, No deal is better than a bad deal and the Chairman of Witherspoons spelt out why on the BBc news this morning. A lot of the negativity is disinformation and BS. I beleive and always have that we should walk away because we will ultimately be better off including lowe food prices in the UK etc etc. In March 2019 we will be 200m a week better off if we hard BREXIT and the tariff babble is a red herring!

My thread continues to capture the BREXIT stpry

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well if the Chairman of Witherspoons says everything will be hunky dory then that'll be the end of the conversation then. I mean, why listen to real experts, Some of the finest minds in world finance when we can rely on a pub landlord for all the facts. Crock of # mate...which part? All of it.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
What I wanted was the man who led us into this stay and complete what he started rather than scamper off like a wounded puppy , I'm no supporter of Cameron but at least he had a certain charm that would have proved useful , something May lacks.

The Bullingdon toff cut us adrift.

Cameron scarpered shamefaced because he couldn't fulfill what his 'Masters'

of the EU required of him!!

He failed them after promising them a 'no Brexit' referendum result.

There was no one more shocked at the result than himself, so he HAD to

leave with his tail between his legs.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Did the saying "fail by design" never occur to you Brits?

Why blame the EU when your political Mayham appears to deliver one epic fail after another? The campaign to stay in the EU wasn't a real success either, was it? Go and figure?

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I voted for Brexit because I believed it was best for our country and that Cameron and his team would negotiate a successful separation , I had no love for the man but he could talk the talk.

It looks like under our weak and powerless leader May we are heading for the worst of outcomes , de facto members of the EU without any power to shape its direction , not what I voted for.

Every time I see Donald Tusk speak I'm reminded why I voted leave , we need to play the EU at their own game not capitulate to their hard ball tactics but that's what happens when you make deals with the Devil (DUP).

Lets face the music and dance.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I promise never to buy a German car.

I don't drive hehehe.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Why blame the EU when your political Mayham appears to deliver one epic fail after another?

Because it's in the best interest of the EU to make us suffer , we did the unthinkable and if we make a success of it people of other countries who want out could use our exit as a spur for their own calls to their leaders for a referendum on membership.

The EU want us to fail so we can come crawling back cap in hand and stand as an example to those other states , that much is obvious.

You can check out but you can never leave.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

As much as I despised Cameron he was about 50 times more Prime Ministerial than Darth May. And yes, if he hung about to finish the job we'd be having different discussions on here.

I don't think so!!!

He was a Teresa May in a suit. He was out of his depth an

EU eunuch! While he was PM the EU knew the could have what ever they

wanted from the UK.

Theresa May promised us a Red, White & Blue Brexit (among other non-sensical said about a made up word) I guess we're starting to see what that actually means, and it isn't pretty...

I don't think she realised (and no one had told her) of the stranglehold the

EU had over the UK and the other countries who were becoming

restless and making noises of discontent.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Why blame the EU when your political Mayham appears to deliver one epic fail after another?

Because it's in the best interest of the EU to make us suffer , we did the unthinkable and if we make a success of it people of other countries who want out could use our exit as a spur for their own calls to their leaders for a referendum on membership.

The EU want us to fail so we can come crawling back cap in hand and stand as an example to those other states , that much is obvious.

You can check out but you can never leave.

Precisely why we should just have walked with no deal. Straight to WTO, total disentanglement from EU court etc. A trade deal could have been discussed after we did one with USA India and China.

May was/is a Remainer. This is all about capitulating to the maximum extent her Eurosceptic MPs will let her. That appears to be to a large extent.

Meanwhile the developments in the EU show ever more clearly leaving was imperative, at any cost.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   

lol some more.

its great

I don't think we should be leaving the EU, I'm definitely not a brexiter and I don't think Darth May is doing very well at all. She's weak (even weaker since her failed General Election) and should have bowed out after she "strengthened her hand" or at least tried to...

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

How is that even possible? Of course we don't want you to leave but it aint our call, obviously.

This no-deal-deal status quo isn't our fault, is it? Who's responsible for not delivering a roadmap now, shouldn't that be obvious as well?

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Well I'm glad we are out .
The quicker the better !

EU negotiators were seeking €60bn to €75bn euros (£53bn-£66bn), but were bargained down by the UK to £35bn-£39bn.

And around £8bn of the total settlement, revealed for the first time when the deal was announced, is pension liabilities for retiring EU officials which will be paid out over many years.

news.sky.com...

8 billion of it is for eu officials pensions lol .

#ing joke .

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join