It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit deal: Where the hell is the outcry?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

I vote for

Chaos UK
Disorder
Subhumans
Crass
Conflict

You'd have to round them all up and get them together again, though.

Maybe Spiral Tribe could do an urban Castlemoreton re-run.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: Thorneblood

The UK government has produced no economic forecasts on the likely impact of Brexit on various sectors of the economy, David Davis has told a committee of MPs who have attempted to examine the studies. The revelation prompted calls from some MPs for the Brexit secretary to be held in contempt of parliament if it were found he had held back any details of such assessments, which a vote in the Commons last month demanded he released.

Answering questions from the Brexit select committee, Davis also said no economic impact study had been undertaken before the cabinet decision to leave the customs union and no assessment had been made of the possible economic effect of a no-deal Brexit. On a day of several Brexit revelations, the chancellor, Philip Hammond, also revealed that the cabinet had not yet discussed what final Brexit outcome was being pursued, and that only“general discussions” had been held about the UK’s goals.

I find this really irritating, if I were a brexiteer i'd have wanted to see an Economic Impact Assessment before I voted to leave. I would have also wanted to know what the worst case scenario in the event of [an ever increasingly likely looking] No Deal situation. Seems nobody who voted leave was actually armed with, what I would class as, all the facts...

One FACT that the "Brexiteers" (Your words) had was your nations sovereignty! In other words, the leaders they voted for ruled your country and not a bunch of globalist criminals in Brussels?

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

a reply to: djz3ro

See that's what I thought but apparently it has nothing to do with that, my bad.

March on Westminster, sounds like fun and conservative or not you do have the right to protest. I recommend renting a big ass truck and sound system, some proper British punk rock could be really galvanizing.

Sounds like a plan, I'll happily Dj that

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Maybe theyre playing pay the pirates to get off the ship : look heres a treasure map and some money . Now # off

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

What I wanted was the man who led us into this stay and complete what he started rather than scamper off like a wounded puppy , I'm no supporter of Cameron but at least he had a certain charm that would have proved useful , something May lacks.

The Bullingdon toff cut us adrift.

As much as I despised Cameron he was about 50 times more Prime Ministerial than Darth May. And yes, if he hung about to finish the job we'd be having different discussions on here.

Theresa May promised us a Red, White & Blue Brexit (among other non-sensical said about a made up word) I guess we're starting to see what that actually means, and it isn't pretty...
edit on 8/12/17 by djz3ro because: Disposed, despised, let's call the whole thing off...

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I'd dust off my decks, too.
Haven't had a good session for years.

GORTEX

Yes, Cameron sure did peg out fast after the shiney faced coward promised not to.
Bet he's still jealous of Blair's Karlsprize.
I'm sure he's not worried about cash for himself.
edit on 8-12-2017 by Tulpa because: Spilling

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: fusiondoe

I think most of us are waiting, cos it isn't done yet.

If "leaving" turns out to be accepting every rule and regulation, having to parse every trade deal through the commission and accepting every single migrant that wants to come and live here while sending benefits abroad then pass the pitchforks, brother.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

And torches.

Don't forget torches!

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: djz3ro

The UK government has produced no economic forecasts on the likely impact of Brexit on various sectors of the economy, David Davis has told a committee of MPs who have attempted to examine the studies. The revelation prompted calls from some MPs for the Brexit secretary to be held in contempt of parliament if it were found he had held back any details of such assessments, which a vote in the Commons last month demanded he released.

Answering questions from the Brexit select committee, Davis also said no economic impact study had been undertaken before the cabinet decision to leave the customs union and no assessment had been made of the possible economic effect of a no-deal Brexit. On a day of several Brexit revelations, the chancellor, Philip Hammond, also revealed that the cabinet had not yet discussed what final Brexit outcome was being pursued, and that only“general discussions” had been held about the UK’s goals.

I find this really irritating, if I were a brexiteer i'd have wanted to see an Economic Impact Assessment before I voted to leave. I would have also wanted to know what the worst case scenario in the event of [an ever increasingly likely looking] No Deal situation. Seems nobody who voted leave was actually armed with, what I would class as, all the facts...

One FACT that the "Brexiteers" (Your words) had was your nations sovereignty! In other words, the leaders they voted for ruled your country and not a bunch of globalist criminals in Brussels?

I'd rather have Brussels over Westminster. Yeah, I know how ironic that sounds but Brussels isn't as bad for Scotland, N.Ireland and Wales as it is for England.
edit on 8/12/17 by djz3ro because: Forgot the N.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Arnie123

£50 Billion for a start , we went from not giving them anywhere near that amount to giving them that amount.

Germany needs your pounds. Gotta get payback for their prior failed European takeover costs now that their current European takeover scheme has floundered, you know?

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I tend to feel bad for you British cats lately, you lot are more like brothers than cousins these days. I'm sure you'll work it out with a little patience, just take a lesson from across the pond and don't let political fervor and catchy buzzwords get in the way of what works best for ALL of you.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

You mean London.
Govt have forgotten that there is a "rest of England".

I'm sick of austerity.
Its a lie that we are really broke.
Still got cash for foreign aid.
Its the Tavistock mob running this scam to destroy society and rule a downtrodden wage slave population.
Rule by poverty.
Too many homeless.
Too many food banks.
Too many sick and disabled cut off to starve or beg or rely on friends and family.

The EU demanding cash is sickening.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Brexit is a mental illness for the British population, anything that can be done to limit the damage is a good thing

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Absolute joke of a deal, guaranteeing to align with EU regulations and controls on agriculture, power etc. Probably includes letting the Spanish fish our waters to death. The one that gets on my tits is the adhering to EU including any NEW ones introduced during the transitional phase. What’s to stop them introducing laws to shaft us.

I want no part of the EU. I want nothing to do with Angela Mirkin, Donald Tusk or Jean Claude Juncker and their utopian EU army crap. All the while allowing in thousands of jihadis. Thanks but no thanks. Screw them all. Hard Brexit now please.

Corbyn the lying bar steward promising the earth he could never deliver to under 30’s screwed and us all. Hundreds of thousands voted for his liberal crap based on lies and now we’re stuck with a weak government with no majority beholden to the DUP. Brexit vote massively skewed by EU nationals - it’s like turkeys voting for Christmas.

Theresa May? I’d sooner have Teresa May - at least she knows when she’s dealing with a bunch of c@cks and getting double effed.

Sick of this crap- out now like we voted for.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DrBobH

The EU will collapse sooner or later and its going to be very painful for those living there.
Brexit is a huge distraction, detriment and drain for the UK.
Govt needs to get their finger out fast and start working for the UK again.
We are never going to go back to how things were before, that's a fantasy but we have no chance to build a future til this mess is cleaned up.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
things couldn't be that bad this soon ? Its not

And yetwhat was agreed was not much more than a series of convenient fictions, starting with the notion that the transition will last only two years. Everyone involved believes it will take much longer than that – five years is a minimal estimate – not least because Michel Barnier, the EU’s chief negotiator, reckons substantive talks, beyond merely outlining the key areas, won’t even begin till January 2019. But it suits them all to pretend otherwise. More important is the delicate piece of fudge cooked up on the core question of a hard border between Northern Ireland and the Republic. The crucial sentence – in paragraph 49 – promises that, in the absence of a full UK-EU agreement, a hard border will be avoided by ensuring “full alignment” between the UK and those rules of the single market and customs union that directly bear on the relationship between the republic and the north. Now, that could play out in one of three ways, depending which of the current red lines turns out to be pinkest. It could mean that the entire UK will end up being in full alignment, in which case it’s the softest possible Brexit: a Bino –Brexit in name only – to cheer remainers. Or, if that prospect is simply unacceptable to the Tory Brexiteers, it could mean those EU-friendly rules apply to Northern Ireland only – a stance unpalatable to the DUP and most Tory unionists, and explicitly ruled out in the very next paragraph of the agreement. Or, third, all these conflicting promises prove irreconcilable, and Ireland ends up with a hard border after all. How Brexit will unfold – Britain will get a deal, but it’ll come at a price Charles Grant Read more My inner pessimist has long suspected that will be the eventual outcome. Of those three red lines, the hard border in Ireland is surely the one least theologically sacred to Tory Brexiteers.It matters to the Irish enormously, of course, but Dublin will find itself squeezed between Westminster political logic on the one hand and the logic of Brussels on the other. For the EU does, and will, insist on policing its external frontiers. Consider that there are border posts separating Norway and Sweden – it takes a lorry about six minutes to get through – and Norway is actually in the single market. “The Irish were always going to lose out,” says Charles Grant, director of the Centre for European Reform, ruefully. “If Britain leaves the single market and customs union, there has to be a hard border.” They might find diplomatic language to dress it up, they might call it a soft boundary, but a hard border it will be. Privately, Barnier’s team admits as much. This, then, is the moment of reckoning that today’s agreement postpones. What matters to the current British government more: avoiding a hard border, or breaking free of the single market and customs union? The dispiriting news for remainers hoping to prevent the national calamity of Brexit is that we surely know the answer.

The Barnier is doing a good job of turning the 4 freedoms into the 4 trappings of the uberstate . Whenever did coal and steel communities become about policing hard borders over the economic isolation and punishment of the excluded . They want out of the sm in the long run and theyre chucking biscuits at barnier and dup for now . The tories'll see em off yet I expect , theyve started as they mean to go on , sly as old snakes . They'll need every bit of cunning too

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This all boils down to money.

Eu will keep the transitional period going for years and years because ‘it takes time to negotiate a trade deal’... All the while we will have to keep paying and paying and paying.

It is and always has been about the money, the EU gravy train. It is all they care about

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrBobH

Absolute joke of a deal, guaranteeing to align with EU regulations and controls on agriculture, power etc. Probably includes letting the Spanish fish our waters to death. The one that gets on my tits is the adhering to EU including any NEW ones introduced during the transitional phase. What’s to stop them introducing laws to shaft us.

I want no part of the EU. I want nothing to do with Angela Mirkin, Donald Tusk or Jean Claude Juncker and their utopian EU army crap. All the while allowing in thousands of jihadis. Thanks but no thanks. Screw them all. Hard Brexit now please.

Corbyn the lying bar steward promising the earth he could never deliver to under 30’s screwed and us all. Hundreds of thousands voted for his liberal crap based on lies and now we’re stuck with a weak government with no majority beholden to the DUP. Brexit vote massively skewed by EU nationals - it’s like turkeys voting for Christmas.

Theresa May? I’d sooner have Teresa May - at least she knows when she’s dealing with a bunch of c@cks and getting double effed.

Sick of this crap- out now like we voted for.

Sadly the choice is Tory sell out or let the Labour lunatics run amok for 4 years. First past the post keeps us corralled this way. That's why it will never change.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa
a reply to: SprocketUK

And torches.

Don't forget torches!

Who could forget torches?
maybe we could take up those Guy Fawks masks and give their symbology a better meaning than the current crop of idiots who seem to be rebelling for MORE government all the time?

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

You mean London.
Govt have forgotten that there is a "rest of England".

I apologise. Maybe London should leave the EU and the UK.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join