It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit deal: Where the hell is the outcry?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Where are the protests? Are my fellow leave voters just going to sit there and tolerate what May has done. Sold us down the river completely.

What a gutless race of people we are that we are not out protesting, or even tearing Westminster to pieces.

I am no good on my own! I call for every member of ATS who voted leave-and your leave voting friends- to join me in storming Westminster.

We did not vote for this and I knew all along May was a sell out.

Ok I’ve calmed down now - But seriously what a joke. Why on Earth was a remainer ever put in power in the first place.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: fusiondoe

Context?

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Context?

Ye, I'm interested as well...

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

It's to be expected , we have a weak leader and she's being taken advantage of on all sides , May is out of her depth.
She said it was a deal of give and take , we give they take.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Is it about the freedom of movement?

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

You mean they've agreed a soft border with Ireland ? Surely it can't be that bad ? Seems it went from the EU owning that border back to the Irish government actually having a say in it instead ?
They'd be doing things the right way round organising the physical border arrangements , first of all . They're doing what their good advice was saying to do .
They might play easy first and then play hard, though ukip member complained we're getting sold out too . Why please . its not in yr op

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

It's about the first stage of Brexit deal where we have basically caved in to the EU 's demands.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

May was put in place to do this.
When her reputation is destroyed a new leader will step in. They're too cowardly to deal with the job just now.

Protest???

You'll just get the usual tripe...

Racist, sexist, xenophobic, fascist, islamophobic, nazi, transphobic blah, blah, blah, blah...

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Those who voted to leave remind me more of the Conservative type, and those are the people that speak with their votes, not with protests that usually end in destruction. That could be why, but I don't know how things work in your region.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

It's about the first stage of Brexit deal where we have basically caved in to the EU 's demands.
What demands are these?

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

It could be that they managed to convince a majority of British voters that Brexit was the best thing to happen to their country but seemingly forgot to do any impact studies as to what would really happen if they won.

Guardian

The UK government has produced no economic forecasts on the likely impact of Brexit on various sectors of the economy, David Davis has told a committee of MPs who have attempted to examine the studies. The revelation prompted calls from some MPs for the Brexit secretary to be held in contempt of parliament if it were found he had held back any details of such assessments, which a vote in the Commons last month demanded he released.

Answering questions from the Brexit select committee, Davis also said no economic impact study had been undertaken before the cabinet decision to leave the customs union and no assessment had been made of the possible economic effect of a no-deal Brexit. On a day of several Brexit revelations, the chancellor, Philip Hammond, also revealed that the cabinet had not yet discussed what final Brexit outcome was being pursued, and that only“general discussions” had been held about the UK’s goals.

Their basic argument, as far as I can tell, is that they will as things get closer to being finalized but it sounds like a "kick the can" argument more than a position of patience.
edit on 8-12-2017 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: fusiondoe
Where are the protests? Are my fellow leave voters just going to sit there and tolerate what May has done. Sold us down the river completely.

What a gutless race of people we are that we are not out protesting, or even tearing Westminster to pieces.

I am no good on my own! I call for every member of ATS who voted leave-and your leave voting friends- to join me in storming Westminster.

We did not vote for this and I knew all along May was a sell out.

Ok I’ve calmed down now - But seriously what a joke. Why on Earth was a remainer ever put in power in the first place.

I don't think leaving the EU is a good idea at all, I never have. That being said, it's happening, badly but it's happening.

I'll join you in storming Westminster though, she's screwing the country up good and proper

She was a remainer, maybe this was her strategy all along?

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

£50 Billion for a start , we went from not giving them anywhere near that amount to giving them that amount.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Because, democracy
Why, EU have failed

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

The op is upset with how a remainer is handling negotiations.

Kind of like giving the used car salesman asking price with no warranty needed.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
She's entirely unsuited to the role of pm and only has one move, capitulate. She'll be a one term PM regarded as poorly as Heath.

That we submit to a 40 billion blackmail demand is bad enough. To be subject EU rules for 2 years and European courts for 8 is a shocker. The worst is the small print whereby we may not actually escape the customs union at all.

She basically just fell on her back with her legs in the air. No wonder they were all laughing.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood

The UK government has produced no economic forecasts on the likely impact of Brexit on various sectors of the economy, David Davis has told a committee of MPs who have attempted to examine the studies. The revelation prompted calls from some MPs for the Brexit secretary to be held in contempt of parliament if it were found he had held back any details of such assessments, which a vote in the Commons last month demanded he released.

Answering questions from the Brexit select committee, Davis also said no economic impact study had been undertaken before the cabinet decision to leave the customs union and no assessment had been made of the possible economic effect of a no-deal Brexit. On a day of several Brexit revelations, the chancellor, Philip Hammond, also revealed that the cabinet had not yet discussed what final Brexit outcome was being pursued, and that only“general discussions” had been held about the UK’s goals.

I find this really irritating, if I were a brexiteer i'd have wanted to see an Economic Impact Assessment before I voted to leave. I would have also wanted to know what the worst case scenario in the event of [an ever increasingly likely looking] No Deal situation. Seems nobody who voted leave was actually armed with, what I would class as, all the facts...

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: justwokeup

Her position was most likely a reward for "losing" the files regarding alleged sexual abuse of some very high up people.
And wasting time and money on some totally mishandled investigations of the same.

Yes, she was a remainer right up to the last minute.
I don't think they did any forward planning because they didn't believe the out vote would win.

Maybe they know something that we don't. There's still talk of sabotage or keeping a back door open.
I do not want the ECJ having any jurisdiction over us. Transition period or not!

edit on 8-12-2017 by Tulpa because: Added

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

See that's what I thought but apparently it has nothing to do with that, my bad.

March on Westminster, sounds like fun and conservative or not you do have the right to protest. I recommend renting a big ass truck and sound system, some proper British punk rock could be really galvanizing.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

What I wanted was the man who led us into this stay and complete what he started rather than scamper off like a wounded puppy , I'm no supporter of Cameron but at least he had a certain charm that would have proved useful , something May lacks.

The Bullingdon toff cut us adrift.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join