It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Boeing: We are going to beat SpaceX to Mars"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: darepairman

It is estimated that the total economic benefit of each dollar spent on the space program has been between $8 and $10.

The economic viability and return on something like this is certainly important...but then so is this...

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

I know, I watched the moon landing and grew up with a lust for space because of it, everyone wins with a thing like this,

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Right now....we are the Human Race...

Soon, We will be.......The SPACE RACE !!!

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

You didn't see the government spending billions on a new shuttle did you? Every wonder why?

Obviously they ceded space to the Ruskies and we need to prosecute the govt for treason... heh.

All my four decades of research (and a couple glimpses) says the tech is already here and likely kept hushed due to the source (not alien, exactly, imo) and a huge can o petro dollar worms.

Also, the triangles might only get us to the edge of the atmosphere and we may need something else for deep space... but yeah, payload delivery at the very least is almost free... if weirdos like me (and many others, like you, heh) are correct, that is.

And I really, really think we are... the absence of a new shuttle speaks volumes. Tho I doubt we've needed conventional rockets since the 50's or 60's.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

Yeah probably you're right bro. My apologies, just havin' a bad day and then stupid questions are easy made.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Quick prediction 60 years from now when I log in to ATS from another place using ouija net people will still be arguing who will be first on Mars.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I can imagine if they are correct on the show ancient aliens that we already have people on Mars and starships that the first official people to land on Mars will be sworn to secrecy about everything and everyone already there. The secret space program could be like the science fiction show Stargate SG1 already visiting alien life while the official program celebrates old tech landing on Mars. When we truly advance as a species, governments won't feel a need to hide everything from almost everyone. Right now our governments compete against each other worrying about others stealing tech and secrets. One day we might all work together competing against alien species.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: orionthehunter
I can imagine if they are correct on the show ancient aliens that we already have people on Mars...

Not to worry, that program is fictional and not a documentary.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join