It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Boeing: We are going to beat SpaceX to Mars"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Aliensun

So you're saying the government is not going to be involved in a new way to bring manned space missions about?

Not at all. That day is long past with the triangles. To be sure, they are seen within the atmosphere, but their method of movement is not via atmospheric compression, but by a null-mass system that uses the principles of the UFOs. So they can move into space on a whim.

Given that we've had that capability since at least the mid-1980s you can expect secret bases on the Moon (thus, why no more Moon) flights, no shuttle, no replacement for the shuttle and nothing going much for us but using Russian rockets to tap the ISS. (They lost the true space race with us and we give them the scraps.) We were supposed to believe that Reagan's "Space Defense Initiative" was a joke. It was deadly serious.

Thanks for the response. I typically get ignored on this subject of because the hardline aviation/space folks around ATS don't want to venture to legitimize any discussion of UFOs or triangles. Those words are taboo.
edit on 8-12-2017 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2017 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite
I think we're in transition to becoming space faring. We need more tangible motives and the technology to enable it.

I don't know. Personally, I don't think we're physically built for it and will have to leave all our exploration of the galaxy up to our superintelligent AI offspring. Because they can just turn themselves or go into sleep mode for 40,000 years and wake up when they get to their destination. We can't do that.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

So if they do come up with a new system for manned missions that would mean the triangle is not real. We shall see.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Then the problem of we are built to live on Earth. No where else.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I bet not one of the head people at Boeing will be on that trip. They will find someone who believes it will be safe and that they will have their name down in history.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

No one will think it's safe. They will know they will die on Mars or trying to get there.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
NASA has pretty much gotten out of manned space travel. I wonder why? The 1940's rocket tech has to be obsolete by now. It seems the government is keeping the new engine technologies for themselves. These term limit, keepers of secrets in Washington are not funding manned space travel for a reason. So now it is a private industry risking lives with rockets. It's possible Washington does not want to be publically known for risking lives on rockets because they have had something better for a long time.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: intergalactic fire

Meh it's just human nature...if it works why question it as long as it gets done in the long run.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
Meh it's just human nature...if it works why question it as long as it gets done in the long run.

Yeah. Some of humanity's greatest achievements -- like the pyramids -- are pretty useless.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am really excited.

Let's get this done!

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TamtammyMacx
NASA has pretty much gotten out of manned space travel. I wonder why? The 1940's rocket tech has to be obsolete by now. It seems the government is keeping the new engine technologies for themselves. These term limit, keepers of secrets in Washington are not funding manned space travel for a reason. So now it is a private industry risking lives with rockets. It's possible Washington does not want to be publically known for risking lives on rockets because they have had something better for a long time.

I want to believe that, who doesn't. That technology will find its way into the public sector eventually. It can't be cloaked in secrecy forever. But you have to be very creative or paranoid to accept this as reality. First, you have to accept a vastly greater technology is being classified and denied from helping the world's population in whichever means it can. Why would the gate keepers make life HARDER by restricting it so much? It makes more sense to use a breakthrough technology to better life on Earth. Second, you have to accept it's even possible this can be secret for so long. Who keeps secrets so well, especially ones with so much potential to change circumstances on Earth? Maybe I could think of other points, but these alone are powerful.

I think what happened is space travel became super expensive. We didn't realize all the costs and complications early on. We were like children, giddy with a new toy. NASA's budget isn't high enough to do everything, this became clear over time, so they worked with private industry to shift some projects over to them. NASA also realizes the space age won't happen on them alone, even if they have the finances. The private sector has to get involved on a deep and lasting level. The brain power of humanity has to be utilized to solve the many problems we'll encounter.

Also the SpaceX achievements are impressive. A reusable rocket able to safely land on extended tripod? It used to be thought impractical or impossible. And there're many other things on the horizon being researched and developed. No doubt, if this isn't somehow a Truman Show, we'll be entering a true space age in the coming decades and centuries. It may require more time than we expected, but that's the way it goes with progress.

They landed their rocket on a platform floating in the ocean (checkout those waves, that platform is probably moving slightly):

edit on 12/8/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TamtammyMacx

I gave some good reasons already here why your speculations are right on target.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

No one will think it's safe. They will know they will die on Mars or trying to get there.

Maybe they will find some people ignorant enough to believe they are going to make it back and have a normal life afterwards. I remember being a kid playing in the back yard. We had found a starter parachute in the farm attic. I was elected to go jump from the top of the slide first, I came down like a rock, the chute didn't have enough time to open in ten feet. I sprained my ankle. My cousin said I did it wrong, came and climbed the steps and I just got out of the way when he hit the ground, he hurt his knee I think. So my other cousin says we didn't know how to do anything as he quickly gathered up the chute. He climbed up on the slide and jumped. He did not hurt anything important, he fell on his head.

I don't know if this is a guy thing or what, people want to prove they can do what others have failed at. the thing to ask in this case above, did we really need to even try to see if we could parachute off that slide. Maybe if we would have climbed to the peak of the house or jumped off the cliffs at Douglas Houghton Falls it may have worked. At least I would not have had to suffer a sprained ankle if we did that.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

The bigger question is what rocket will take them home.

Home? Haha Mars will be their new home. Aint no comin back! This is the really real world! There aint no comin back!

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Even better, Elon Musk just dared them to Do It. A mini space race to Mars could be just what the Space program needs.

I agree, let the competition begin, this is great for the space program

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: darepairman

I'd like to see it set up as an actual race, set the Moon as the starting point and get some of our allies involved (Looking at you Japan and EU), sign up a few corporate sponsors and throw in a few plucky independent underdogs then go balls out when the light turns green.

Make it just a bit of spectacle and the whole world will be watching.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I'd like to see it set up as an actual race, set the Moon as the starting point and get some of our allies involved (Looking at you Japan and EU), sign up a few corporate sponsors and throw in a few plucky independent underdogs then go balls out when the light turns green.

Make it just a bit of spectacle and the whole world will be watching.

Its competition that gets thing done, NASA really had no competition within this country. there is going to be a hell of a lot of money spent and oppertunitys to be had. and keep it in the country, that would be good too

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Nah, we can't just keep this one in country. That # might have flown back in the 80's but not anymore, that's one of the things I actually love about this push to Mars. It might be the first time in our planet's history that we can all come together and get something truly epic accomplished without all the pointless nationalism and racist ideology overwhelming the need to do something for the common good.

Sure we can do this for bragging right, or manifest destiny, or mineral assets but at the end of the day it's gonna take heroes and hard asses to make life on Mars work. For once let's not be as picky about who they are cause at the end of the day they are taking a big risk for all of US, just the U.S.

Everyone should be in. Japan, the Eu, Russia, China, India too.

If your nation can build it and you can get brave souls to fly it then we will see you at the starting line. Japan and the US are already talking about a joint Lunar Space Station and it's not like the Mars mission wont need supply runs. Something like this would mean the world to, well, the world.

If you really need another justification, just think of all the kids who will grow up wanting to be a Space Racer. That alone makes it worthwhile in my book.

edit on 8-12-2017 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2017 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Space X will get there first unless musk goes bust in the meantime. He uses his businesses as a vehicle to do things he wants to and he personally wants to go to mars. Intent makes all the difference.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

That's a way to look at it, I am not going to say you are wrong. I am not opposed to other countrys getting involved in the race I would just like this to create a flow of money in our economy. I agree it will take some bad asses to do this. I wish I had a chance to go there .

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join