It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somebody Tried to Share Hacked Emails With Don Jr, Others... Maybe

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Grambler

As you know, I wouldn't deliberately mislead/spread misinformation/disinformation. It's pretty frustrating from my point of view when a media organization of CNN's size gets it *this* wrong about such a critical detail because I've wasted a couple hours now talking about something that wasn't worth talking about.

Also, people who spastically screech "fake news" at everything will use this to discredit valid reporting and not just from CNN.

What's worse is that the same people don't hold even remotely the same standards for other media outlets. Breitbart gets it wrong? No problem. True Pundit makes up some "news?" No problem. Fox News retracts a major story making all sorts of significant claims about Seth Rich? No problem.

It's something like how people making false accusations do serious damage to actual victims.

That you're shocked CNN got this wrong is the first clue in all of this Anti. When will you see the media is trying their damnedest to do what ever it takes to keep this unfunny narrative going?

Fool me once, shame on you, Fool me twice.....

Don't be a fool Anti.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
MSNBC ran with it as well

What a shocker......MSNBC confirmed it....

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

All of this effort to undermine candidate Trump tells me that the DNC and all of Hillary's people felt that she was a dog candidate. Maybe looking out over the sparse crowds at her rallies told Hillary the same thing.

I think there is more to this. I suspect that HRC was supposed to win and fix a lot of shady actions from both sides including the previous administration. They're now scrambling because their protection is almost gone.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

We know you wouldn't invest this much effort into something you knew would be this easily discredited as manufactured news.

That said, I'd like to draw you to the fact that many, many of us on the right don't place trust in any of the news outfits you listed. While it gets downplayed as "confirmation bias" by our detractors, we generally base our belief in common sense, gut instinct, and the ever popular stink test. Ultimately that leaves us feeling highly skeptical and dubious of any news that is intended to "shake our foundation." The laws of probability dictate that the vast majority of "out of thin air" shock and awe "news" articles are actually a lot less dramatic when the real truth comes out.

CNN, meanwhile, has absolutely lied more frequently than they're been truthful. This is the reason that the network is scraping the bottom of the barrel where viewers are concerned compared to their position on top of the heap just scant years ago. I am truly perplexed at how anyone can possibly trust anything that comes out of CNN.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

They'll be given a pass. Ever since Maddow's "Al Capone's Vault-esque" episode about Trump's tax return pulled huge ratings, MSNBC has catered to the cable news National Enquirer crowd. They're an entertainment channel, little more.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Never said about the Trump administration that has been busted lying how many times? How many times has Trump and his admin been caught lying just about Russia?

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

That said, I'd like to draw you to the fact that many, many of us on the right don't place trust in any of the news outfits you listed. While it gets downplayed as "confirmation bias" by our detractors, we generally base our belief in common sense, gut instinct, and the ever popular stink test.

Let's pull up 30 threads from the last three days authored by right-wingers. Hell, let's just look at your own threads and leave everyone else out of it.

cites ABC
cites BuzzFeed
cites CNN
cites HuffPost, NBC and Wikipedia
cites NY Times
cites Washington Post
cites Climate Depot (anti-AGW propaganda site?
cites Japan Times
cites Real Clear Politics
cites NY Post

Well congratulations on spreading all that leftist disinfo in your own last 10 threads!

The problem with your assertion is that as much as you're loathe to admit it, just like everyone else, you and other right-wingers rely on media outlets to get information, including basic facts. It's not a dig against you. It's reality. There's no other way that you could obtain them.

What you're referring to is how you process information and that has absolutely nothing to do with something like CNN reporting the wrong date. That's a fact that they got wrong not an opinion that they peddled.

That said, I don't find right-winger's application of "common sense, gut instinct, and the ever popular stink test" to lead to better results than it does with anyone else. What I do see is a belief among right-wingers that they wield "common sense" with some sort of supernatural prowess and it's complete nonsense. Most if not all people overestimate their abilities.

Just look at the first page or two of this very thread where people couldn't comprehend a very simple premise (email came before information was publicly available). How many people were just randomly ranting about everything and anything else, completely unable to even tease out something that simple?

Ultimately that leaves us feeling highly skeptical and dubious of any news that is intended to "shake our foundation."

What you're describing is actually a propensity for ardent denial and intractability. You're highly skeptical of... things you don't want to believe. When it comes to things that don't challenge your world views? You're just as as susceptible as anyone else. In fact, I doubt there's even an appreciable difference among people as groups based on their political leanings.

Everyone's minds are setup to guard their preconceived notions because nobody wants to be wrong. If you need, I can post you some of the top threads by flag from the election and we can discuss how 75% of them were bull# and right-wingers sucked it all down.

Of course, that won't change your mind about anything. Will it? Probably wouldn't change my mind in your shoes either. That's human nature.

CNN, meanwhile, has absolutely lied more frequently than they're been truthful. This is the reason that the network is scraping the bottom of the barrel where viewers are concerned compared to their position on top of the heap just scant years ago. I am truly perplexed at how anyone can possibly trust anything that comes out of CNN.

That's demonstrable false and really just your flawed, yugely biased pro-Trump point of view. First off, the first sentence is just mindless hyperbolic prattle. The second sentence I can easily disprove as CNN's ratings are — just like all cable news stations — up year over year. That's just a fact.

Next up, CNN hasn't been "on top of the heap" in almost 20 years. Fox has had the biggest market share for 17-18 years. Again, that's not an opinion, that's a fact.

What has changed is that MSNBC has snatched up a much larger share of the market. CNN and Fox have both slid in terms of market share, CNN far more so than Fox. Now this is where opinion enters into the discussion. The reason I believe that MSNBC has outperformed CNN in particular is that MSNBC delivers a further left bias. Which makes your hatred of CNN even more absurd because it's not that CNN is losing, it's that the further left biased MSNBC is winning harder.

Randomly from Googling market share is this article from July:

In total day, Fox News led with 1.47 million total viewers, up 27% from the same period last year. Of those, 314,000 fell in the adults 25-54 demographic, up 46% from last year. MSNBC was second in total viewers with 886,000, up 73%. MSNBC was third in total day in the demo, however, with 206,000 for an increase of 57%. CNN was third in total viewers with 788,000 for an increase of 25%, but second in the demo with 262,000 (up 39%).

See? All up. Now let's look at a few years ago:

Total Viewers Fox News 1.058 million (down 4%) CNN 402,000 (down 3%) MSNBC 350,000 (down 12%) HLN 259,000 (down 13%)

Do you see how much larger of a market share Fox used to have? 1.058 million vs 752k for CNN+MSNBC (we'll leave HLN out of this). CNN now has more viewers than CNN+MSNBC had combined 2013-2014. And look at CNN+MSNBC vs FOX now. As of July, it was 1.674 million vs 1.47 million.

Yet you said exactly what your gut told you (not really, you repeated what you keep hearing) and your "gut" mislead the # out of you. So, yeah. Preach on!

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I am truly perplexed at how anyone can possibly trust anything that comes out of CNN.

Nothing like having a captive audience at most US airport's

"Remove CNN's airport monopoly and tax-payer funded broadcast."
www.change.org...

As it stands, taxpayers, like you and I, fund the free broadcast of an extremely partisan cable news network in airports around the country. In America we aren't supposed to have state-sponsored media. CNN's biased propaganda is being piped into the subconscious of America's traveling public and all taxpayers are paying for their opinion.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Almost every link from that list was to source a direct quote from whoever the topic was about. It's a bit more reader friendly than posting a Youtube video of the individual saying the quote. You wrote all of that for nada, my friend.

Well congratulations on spreading all that leftist disinfo in your own last 10 threads!

LMAO, I also just would like to point out that all but a couple of those OPs are critical of the linked story and of the outlet. I'm nothing if not consistent.
edit on 8-12-2017 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Never said about the Trump administration that has been busted lying how many times? How many times has Trump and his admin been caught lying just about Russia?

Hey I get your anger, you were lied to by your Trusted Name in News. I'd be pissed too. Bash Trump all you want, still doesn't change that CNN and the others blatantly lied to you. Focus your anger there.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

a reply to: Wide-Eyes

No #? Two posts ago you had no idea what was even being discussed (remember "Trump's campaign strategy") and now that it's being reported that they flubbed the date, you miraculously understand what the OP was about?

Yeah, no.

More speculation...

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Thanks for the info.

CNN still sucks.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Wall of text with nothing of value in it.

Don't be so hard on yourself.

Your post wasn't exactly "a wall."

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   

CNN have now retracted their story and apologised. Will you do the same.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

I think someone from cnn has said yes we retracted the story, but didn't apologize. As if that is better lol.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

He already has to be fair to him.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Good on the OP and thanks for the that..

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join