It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roy Moore's accuser has admitted to faking the yearbook.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrakeMorningstar

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: DrakeMorningstar

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt on any illegal or immoral actions.

TheRedneck

Then why not give the accusers the same benefit.

Because the burden of proof is properly on them as the ones making the accusation?

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: dasman888

Don't feel bad. When I heard his first interview on Hannity, I was wondering myself. But with all the problems the accusers have keeping their stories straight, I am now convinced he was frustrated. His biggest 'crime' in that was giving the interview too soon, before he had time to come to grips with the allegations.

I'll admit that worries me a little. As a Judge, he should have known better. But I'm still voting for him.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The age of consent in Alabama is 16, lowered from 18, years ago.

This was lowered because of the large number of Rape II, or statutory rape cases.

(Scenario: Eighteen year old boy has sex with his 17 year old girlfriend, her mother finds out, is furious, reports it to the police, and the boy is charged with Rape II.) Those cases became so frequent, the age of consent was lowered.

(And you guys say nobody ever does anything for you.)

Also, the woman in question has stated she only made a notation underneath Moore's name, giving the date and location of when he signed her yearbook. This is easily determined by looking at the text.

The title of the thread should be changed, or I'm thinking HOAX.

And Dougie, my friend, I swear I'd rather listen to you sing "Found A Meatball" again than read your thoughts on this thread.

I'm not really joining in on this madness, just adding my 2.

Peace Out,
liw

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

TheRedneck

Because the burden of proof is properly on them as the ones making the accusation?

I am just saying that if it is all about credibility, then Moore's is also shot as he lied about knowing two of his accusers.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Burden of proof is on the accusers, not the accused. Moore didn't start this circus.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Burden of proof is on the accusers, not the accused. Moore didn't start this circus.

TheRedneck

That's true, in a litigation. These cases won't be litigated. If Moore is elected, he will be expelled by Congress, so he can be replaced. So he won't become a Senator in any event.

(I'm really leaving this time.)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

TheRedneck

I am just saying that if it is all about credibility, then Moore's is also shot as he lied about knowing two of his accusers.

Would you consider the possibility that at his age he just can't remember every woman he's ever met?

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck
He certainly had the role of carnie barker when he brought out that puny-ass revolver on stage in cowboy getup in Alabama.

That just looked ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Sorry, but I'll not stand idly by while a fellow Alabamian is railroaded. Roy Moore is a well-known personality here.

And yes, thanks for the info. If memory serves, I believe you are correct. I seem to remember they tried a graduated age of consent rule at one point, but it was too complex for some people to grasp.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

TheRedneck

I think that's right in a sense.

Moore has looked shady about this too.

However, that shadiness does not prove he is guilty.

Just like the shadiness of Nelson does not prove she is wrong. Perhaps she lied or mispoke about the old hickory thing, and the rest was signed by Moore.

Luckily, it would be easy for her to prove, yet she choses not to leave an independent expert look at it.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven
He certainly had the role of carnie barker when he brought out that puny-ass revolver on stage in cowboy getup in Alabama.

That just looked ridiculous.

You have a problem with people carrying a small caliber weapon with low recoil so they can shoot more accurately? That's very common among women and older folks. They're still much safer than being unarmed. Please don't opine on stuff you don't know anything about.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Railroaded? You mean Al Franken?

hehe. 'nighty night.

link   
a reply to: Greven

Moore regularly wears Western clothing. He rarely wears a suit. And the gun? It might look puny, but that looks like a .38 to me... not a puny bullet.

TheRedneck

link   

What would really help is getting a clearer image of the whole message, blowing up the "ay" in say and overlaying it on the Roy/Ray part. I have neither the tools or knowledge to do this, which is why this needs to be independently scrutinized.

I honestly don't have a dog in this race but I know a political hit job when I see it.

link   

Sorry, but I'll not stand idly by while a fellow Alabamian is railroaded. Roy Moore is a well-known personality here.

And yes, thanks for the info. If memory serves, I believe you are correct. I seem to remember they tried a graduated age of consent rule at one point, but it was too complex for some people to grasp.

TheRedneck

They still have a close-in-age exemption. I think it's 2 years. So age of consent is 16, but if a boy is 17 and 3 months and a girl is 15 and 8 months they can legally have sex, because they're within 2 years of each other. Many states have such a law for high school couples. Some states it's 3 or 4 years.
edit on 8 12 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The 'DA' after the signature throws enough doubt in it for me.

The man was never the DA and, AFAIK, did not sign his name as being the DA.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

More evidence on Franken that there is on Moore... and yes, I will still admit he was railroaded.

I guess his supporters prefer to stand idly by.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Moore regularly wears Western clothing. He rarely wears a suit. And the gun? It might look puny, but that looks like a .38 to me... not a puny bullet.

TheRedneck

Agreed. Looks like a .38 snub. Nothing wrong with that. I pocket-carry a .380 in the summer, essentially the same bullet. I don't see anyone lining up to volunteer to be shot by it.
edit on 8 12 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

That's what I remember from that time period. I was 18 in 1979, so it mattered to me. I just never found an actual law when I went to look it up.

Thank you!

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

a reply to: face23785

That's what I remember from that time period. I was 18 in 1979, so it mattered to me. I just never found an actual law when I went to look it up.

Thank you!

TheRedneck

The tricky part is when you live near state borders. For example when I lived in NC, the age of consent there was 16 but in neighboring VA it was 17 or 18 I forget. So you could have kids that go to school near each other, but live across the state line from each other, and it's illegal for them to have sex but if they lived in the same state it would be legal.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join