It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video shows police killing of Daniel Shaver in Mesa, Arizona (viewer discretion advised)

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I cant ignore the fact that we have a real freaking problem. I cant ignore that bad men are getting away with reckless belligerence and other bad men are helping them avoid punishment.

I hear ya, man. It appears the internal affairs department handled this about as well as possible. No doubt, they protect their own — hell, you can tell just by reading this thread and the constant equivocation and qualifying whom are LEO (sans Shamrock, his take and explanation regarding protocol, etc. has been even-handed) — which is, in part, why I asked about the other cop’s retirement.

From what I have gathered in this thread, he was the one barking the orders that precipitated the death. Was he forced into ‘early retirement’? Did his conscience get to him and he just split for the Philippines, knowing the fallout to come?

And again, had the state attorney’s office pursued a conviction on the grounds of negligence, everyone would have been better served. The defendant (seriously, do other LEO wanna be affiliated with a tool that has “you’re f###ed” on his on-the-job rifle? If I believed so, I’d refer to him as a “cop”/LEO, but he doesn’t deserve that distinction, or does LEO, in general, need to be characterized by a tool like him?) would have likely plead down or just maybe, an act so egregious would have been hard for a jury to ignore...versus letting him walk scot-free, as was the case in the 2nd-degree murder trial.

This just sucks all the way around and I hope we get more information regarding the circumstance(s) surrounding the other cop’s retirement.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Whoa! That's an outrage!

The whole country's police forces need a new training program regarding the use of lethal force.
edit on 9-12-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I find myself agreeing with people I never agree with in this thread.

Cop was out of line and simply needed the guy to interlock fingers behind head and walk backwards in cops direction. Cop was probably bullied and beat up in high school and now tripped out on the power he has.

Cop was wrong, jury was wrong.

This goes to show a bad cop couldn't care less what color you are. This is far from the only time a white male has been killed under iffy circumstances by a cop.
The difference is most of those incidences got little media coverage since it doesn't fit the narrative the media pushes.

There are bad people in EVERY profession and to somehow think Law Enforcement is any different is idiocy. Ive ran across good cops in my lifetime and I've ran across pure power tripped assholes as well.

BTW I usually side with the police. But these jackasses were itching to spill blood with their .223/5.56mm slugs.

The You're fcked on the injection port cover tells me a lot about the little mans mindset. No its not MACHO to shoot someone and it shouldn't make you feel like a big man.

Anyone with that mindset needs not own a gun , have a ccw, or let alone be in L.E.

edit on 9-12-2017 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

im british, we don't even have guns

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dan121212

Hey, I understand what you were trying to say.

Its just that you should measure what you say because people here do have guns and do feel like shooting cops in retaliation.

Its a problem here.

edit on 12 9 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1
gofundme is a scam the goverment hits you up for taxes for anything given on gofundme

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: HolydarknessVA

gofundme is a scam the goverment hits you up for taxes for anything given on gofundme

All gifts are taxable after a certain amount.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

thanks for understanding and yes i will measure what i say, its just, iv only just watched this video and as you can tell, im still a bit mad about it

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

All gifts are taxable after a certain amount.

Not unless you drink it very quickly.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
What is he doing with a pellet gun in a hotel? Doesnt make sense.

dumbest line in thread above LOLz.....
lets not get into a stupid semantic argument over this one. What doesn't make sense here is your post....

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: face23785
I know I'm gonna get laughs at this, but seriously I recommend the old PC game SWAT 3 to everyone. See how many unarmed people you shoot. In a simulation, where you're not even at risk. Police stations have invited civil rights leaders to use their high-tech simulators. All of them came away having a better appreciation for what cops face. Some reported things like not being able to remember how many rounds they fired, and some shot unarmed people. In a simulation.

Think how much easier it is to do in real life when you might be about to die.

ETA: If you live in a big city, ask your local PD if you can try their simulator.

OMG bal bla bla The guy was lying face down on the ground complying to every order.

He was not a threat he was unarmed and crying for christs sake.

Obviously didn't watch the video. He put his hand behind his back right after they got done telling him if he did that again it would be considered a threat. Some thugs carry guns in their waistband at the small of their back. Watch the video, and do so with an open mind.

But he was not a thug!!!
He was innocent and had done NOTHING wrong...

The only thug here is the murderous cop, who coldblooded kills this poor guy! He should be charged with murder and spent the rest of his life in jail, or are you saying it is ok to kill people because you THINK youre saving "the world" doing so? Because that would mean that you also believe Osama Bin Laden is innocent of murder (assuming he is the guy behind 9/11) Cause he also thought he did the right thing, and was "saving" the world from evil...

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
I also want to add that their whole story is BS and reeks of fake rambo retardedness.

So they fear a doorway out of tactical concerns, but try several key cards instead of kicking down a door to a room they plan on breaching....

Yeah, right. They feared getting shot through a doorway, so they all stood in front of it and used a couple key cards while announcing their actions aloud.

Cops arent soldiers. They have swat for things that merit actual combat enforcers. This little group of rambos that night were decked out in tactical gear and played the part of professional tacticians. They sold the story of their justifications based on the hindsight of their sloppy ass work that night.

This is a joke. Get the military to train cops if they are going to roll around like little quasi swat units. They arent trained in breaching a room with several team members all armed with automatic rifles. If they are, it was a walk through course they never had to refresh on. Not really. They werent qualified to respond to a call like that. Their lack of preparation killed one of ours.

They should have acted like every other damn cop we see and just went to secure the guy they commanded into a submission position. They failed to act and waited for exactly the type of situation to brew that law enforcement is supposed to avoid. A vigilante might have done a better freaking job. Same difference.

This is all a joke. Just because the government gives you army surplus crap, it doesnt make you any different from a whacko dressed up like an actor on a movie set for a role he really isnt in reality.

CALL THE COPS if you are a cop and cant do your job safely. Call for back up and slow down if you are scared of a terrorist ninja running out of a hotel room. Are you trained for that? Oh but you look JUST like the people who are actually trained to respond to that.....no worries. You look bad ass enough to cover any shortcomings and lack of training you may have.

It has gotten so bad that if I witnessed a robbery in process, I would give a second thought to calling the cops.
The bad cops solution is to hold everyone at gunpoint and one wrong move and the victims get killed even.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
This is one reason why the vaunted elite want to keep the divisions of race in America, because IF the sleeping giant of the white lower and middle class EVER becomes hip to what is happening THERE WILL BE A REVOLUTION and it aint going to be led by a Trump.

They ALWAYS, when they do their dirt like the 2007-8 depression, hire a FAKE like Obama to placate the masses.

Then hire another FAKE populous, a billionaire like Trump, to keep the white middle and lower classes quiet—as they just did to the black population with Obama.

This actually happens often to white folks but they keep it quiet because I repeat, IF EVER the white folks become as conscious as the non-whites

WATCH OUT

The revolution will not be televised

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: dan121212

When you say things like: "I want to go out and shoot cops now",

I think: I hope they get you first.

The bad cops see that people like you exist and in turn build a police culture seeded in threat VS fear deterrents. You are their excuse and its very convincing.

That makes everyone else already getting shot by cops to actually get shot more by them.

I agree with what your saying wherein it will only make matters worse
But it is not the citizens that started things down the path their going.

It was the government handing out surplus military equipment, giving speeches to cops how our founding fathers were terrorists and the war on terror.

In order for their corporate globalist utopia to work where Americans are lowered to third world status, they needed a beefed up police state to handle the crime that goes with that territory

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

The earliest mention I can find of Langley's retirement is from April, almost exactly three months after the shooting. The timing is certainly curious, though Langley wouldn't be the first cop to retire after a lethal encounter. So it's entirely possible that his conscience got to him and he said "I'm too old for this # so I'm out."

But it's equally possible that his conscience got to him and he said "well that didn't go great so I think I'm gonna go where the women love white American males."

Nothing I've seen indicates Langley's age nor his length of service, so I can't figure if it's an early retirement or not.
edit on 9-12-2017 by Shamrock6 because: I misquoted Lethal Weapon. I feel bad.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

btw i never even said "I want to go out and shoot cops now"
i said, this sort of sh!t just makes me wanna go out a shoot up some cops and im probably not the only one.
hate when people miss quote me

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
USA citisens should stand together against bad cops. They don't care about skin colour, religion, ethnicity or orientation. They are equally killing whoever they want whenever they want legaly.

And then they protect each other for no reason except because it is something that is expected of them.

You guys should stand together against them. Not just partial groups that jump on one aspect of cop brutallity, but as a whole against every single action.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroFurrbone
USA citisens should stand together against bad cops. They don't care about skin colour, religion, ethnicity or orientation. They are equally killing whoever they want whenever they want legaly.

And then they protect each other for no reason except because it is something that is expected of them.

You guys should stand together against them. Not just partial groups that jump on one aspect of cop brutallity, but as a whole against every single action.

No they are not. I don't know what country you are in, but anyone who lives in the US knows better. Those who push the all Cops are out to get us narrative are Cop haters who lie often.

Nearly all law enforcement officers do their jobs well and serve the public well. These cases where there are problems are very, very rare. Problem is they don't do news articles about the good cops.

If I remember right there are over 750,000 law enforcement officers in the US. There are only a handful of these things happening in a year. You do the math. Don't fall for the lies coming from Cop haters and criminals who of course hate them.

If you think the US is anything like what you see in the sensationalized news, you're badly misinformed. I know that people in other countries who have never been here believe that crap, which is sad.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Umm ok, was I the only one who actually watched the video?

Everyone is saying the cop is a murderer and he should be fired and or killed or what not.

Here is what I saw.

Now there is no reason to start from the beginning. Everyone watched this thing....I hope.

so the guy was crawling, as instructed. But here is where the guy was wrong. He reached behind him or to the side of him which at that moment looked like he was about to pull out a gun from the side of his hip. That very motion the guy did, which the cop clearly said to him "DO NOT DO THAT AGAIN OR U WILL GET SHOT". The guy does it again but even worse this time, it looked like he was doing 1 of 2 things..reaching for a gun, or reaching behind to pull up his pants or maybe he had an itch. I don't know. But to me, if I was an officer who was reporting to a call of someone having a scoped rifle (Pellet guns don't have orange tips) Then I would be on high alert my self and not fool around at all.

So my point being, the cop is not a MURDERER and he was not out for blood, any blood. The guy did not follow the orders and decided to put his hand behind his back for whatever reason. So therefore he got shot.

edit on 9-12-2017 by jidnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

originally posted by: ZeroFurrbone

No they are not. I don't know what country you are in, but anyone who lives in the US knows better. Those who push the all Cops are out to get us narrative are Cop haters who lie often.

Nearly all law enforcement officers do their jobs well and serve the public well. These cases where there are problems are very, very rare. Problem is they don't do news articles about the good cops.

If I remember right there are over 750,000 law enforcement officers in the US. There are only a handful of these things happening in a year. You do the math. Don't fall for the lies coming from Cop haters and criminals who of course hate them.

If you think the US is anything like what you see in the sensationalized news, you're badly misinformed. I know that people in other countries who have never been here believe that crap, which is sad.

Sorry to go off topic a little, but your statement above is why myself and others find it infuriating when people on this site waffle on about Europe being lost to migrants blah blah blah, they carry on about Germany is lost, Sweden is a migrant stronghold, Englands no go zones etc.

It's sensational media rubbish, so I guess it is going to work both ways, as you say the media focus on stories that sell so here we are, far from reality of what really goes on.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join