It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video shows police killing of Daniel Shaver in Mesa, Arizona (viewer discretion advised)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Man,that is gut wrenching/sad watching that young Man being straight up Murdered in cold blood..Hopefully the jury will convict that POS Pig.
edit on 9-12-2017 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

So you support acts of cowardice?

Let me explain something to you. No gun was pulled on those officers. No gun was found to be on the body once the man had been shot. If the man was shot, in that scenario, the only way that can of happened, is if the officer was more prepared to kill an innocent person, than they were to die themselves. That makes them walking dirt, not fit to perform the duties of a law enforcer.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I just witnessed a murder.

I feel sick now.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Why did the cop have a full auto rifle too...

Apparently he was a hot dog who got fired for being a hot dog.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: ZombieWoof
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Your long-winded defense of this BS is nullified by your statement:

"Like is noted--it's tragic, but it's not murder, nor was it an unjustified shooting"

Anyone who watches and listens to this video and comes up with your conclusion, that this isn't even an unjustified shooting, has to be a fascist POS

Okay...but only since you said so, I'll believe you.

But think about this: Even I, a civilian, have a right to defend myself from a perceived threat.

If I were to arrive home, and a neighbor said, "Hey, I saw a guy upstairs in your house pointing a rifle out of the window," you better believe that I would unholster my EDC gun and enter my house with extreme prejudice.

And then, if I confronted that person (or people, as in the case of the actual incident), even if they did not have the rifle in hand, and told them to that if they made any sudden, threatening movements or that I would shoot them--especially if I told them not to reach for the waistband or small of their back and they did it twice--you better believe that, at that point, I have every legal right to believe that my life was in danger and I could use deadly force.

If you fail to understand that or believe it, it makes no difference to me. It works the same with LEOs, in any building, except they're better trained to control the situation than I, and have more authority to confront someone like that if they were not in their own house.

But the specifics are the same, and that's what matters, that's what makes the shooting justified, and your willful ignorance on the matter is not something that I choose to concern myself with any longer.
Ah, i understand now, you also play out scenarios in your head where you are justified to kill people.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Men that have just burst out crying aren't in alpha mode reaching for a gun, this cop has no clue.
Shameful execution.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
that was pretty sickening to watch.

Anyone who could not see where things were headed from the get go is blind brainwashed fool.
Even the victim could see it coming.
That cop was all primed and ready to go, you could tell within the first few seconds of the clip he was going to shoot someone and had amped himself up to do so.

Sorry but outright murder. It was intended. But call it manslaughter if you must. But the one thing it was not was justified or justice.

Glad to see the majority of here can see it for what it is. I hope his widow is able to make this thug pay.
Sadly though it will be you American taxpayers footing the bill.

Too often world wide we see cops just get suspended or dismissed for what the rest of us would be getting life for.

Seriously what a power trip this guy was on, calling people his own age "Young man" and "Young lady"........

Kind of sickens me even more to think we have to share air with people who would defend this a-hole let alone share the air with a-holes like him.

I've seriously lost all hope for humanity when this is the system running things. And on our dime too.
We need to remind law enforcement agencies, military and government who they actually work for otherwise it is just going to get worse.

Only animal on this planet that scares me is humans.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
While this is yet another example and result of the Obama years that taught people that law enforcement should be treated like a joke, nonetheless it is very sad. One, stop armchair judging if you've never been part of a felony takedown. Like has been pointed out, no one knows what is down that hall.

Parents, the best thing you could do is bring up your children respecting police, and tell them to obey commands, to the tee. This person would be alive today if he didn't reach behind his back. Period. You can call it whatever way you want, but that is the last fact in this tragedy. The officer could have issued better commands, but you try it when you don't know if a dude is gonna pop out of that door spraying bullets. I would urge all armchair judge and jury commenters here to take a firearms class that uses a simulator. See how many innocent people you shoot, or, the flip side, see how many nice people all of a sudden gun you down.

Very sad situation that I'm thankful for not having to be the one making the decision the officer made. Godbless the family, officer, and all involved in this very tragic event.
edit on 9-12-2017 by knows_but_doesnt because: nada

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: knows_but_doesnt

While this is yet another example and result of the Obama years that taught people that law enforcement should be treated like a joke...

Right. Because a crying man asking not to be shot was so disrespectful to Officer You're F***ed.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Let me explain something to you. No gun was pulled on those officers. No gun was found to be on the body once the man had been shot. If the man was shot, in that scenario, the only way that can of happened, is if the officer was more prepared to kill an innocent person, than they were to die themselves. That makes them walking dirt, not fit to perform the duties of a law enforcer.

Not fit to walk the streets free either...

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This is absolutely outrageous. That cop was out for blood and it was as if he was playing a game and enjoying a power trip. He made sure the guy would fail the instructions and took a shot when there wasn't even a threat.

That was nothing other than gross abuse of power.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
Men that have just burst out crying aren't in alpha mode reaching for a gun, this cop has no clue.
Shameful execution.

Thats my question someone said earlier cops don't have ESP, but don't they have situational awareness? Didn't he see this guy was crying and seemed to be confused by the different orders being yelled at him? He had already showed he didn't understand all the specific orders by screwing them up. At what part of that video did anyone feel this guy is getting ready to pull a weapon? Please don't shoot me is usually something someone would say that knows he is not doing the orders properly but seems confused as what to do. Why couldn't one of the cops checked him for weapons while the other covered? This seemed like the orders are purposely difficult so that if the cop decides to preform an execution the guy can be blamed for not understanding or not carrying out all the orders properly. There has to be a better way to do this which is safe for both the cop and the suspect and not just geared for the cop's safety only.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I was thinking about this a lot last night.

I used to actually feel something when I heard about a cop getting shot. Honestly did.

Now, unless I know you I dont give a crap. You probably did something to get yourself shot.

I cant ignore the fact that we have a real freaking problem. I cant ignore that bad men are getting away with reckless belligerence and other bad men are helping them avoid punishment.

I dont hope cops get hurt. I dont hope anyone does. I just no longer care about cops getting shot unless you are a personal acquaintance to me.

The reason for this realization is: Do cops care when we get shot? I see some do, and I thought they were representative of many more. I now see that they are not so.

Most cops only care about other cops. That is not acceptable any longer.

edit on 12 9 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Yeah, wow, that's some crazy stuff! I would love someone to be shouting orders at this guy with a gun pointed at him and see how well he does! I would be scared stiff, not sure I could follow those orders in that circumstance!

Of course, he shouldn't have tried to pull his shorts up or if he needed to he should have told the cop but then obviously he wouldn't have given a # and told him no... It's instinct to try and preserve your dignity! If your trousers are falling down and about to reveal your naked ass you reach to fix it!

But I do also see how that looked like he was reaching for a gun...

I had a driving instructor that used to shout at me when 'training' me to drive, it doesn't fing help you to understand and stop making mistakes! Just makes things ten times worse!

EDIT: I just watched it again and noticed a few things.

When on his knees and uncrossed his legs and got shouted at again and then told to crawl you could see he didn't know what to fing do at this point, he dropped his hands and slapped his legs as if to say, "how do I crawl with my hands in the air, you just told me to never put my hands down! WTF?"

Then when he reached back to adjust his shorts it was very fast (faster than I thought the first time), his hand had already returned before the first shot was fired and was clearly empty and going back towards the floor.

The cop caused this by being far too agressive and had the guy scared out of his mind! He should at least never be able to serve as a cop again but I'm sure he probably will!
edit on 9-12-2017 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

the way they just walk past him after like he was nothing, sick

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

told him to cross his legs then crawl towards him wtf

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

just looked like to me, this officer was going to kill someone on this day anyway

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: dan121212

the way they just walk past him after like he was nothing, sick

He's not a 'person' to them, and never was. He was a suspect, a threat, which strips him of his personhood.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
I just witnessed a murder.

I feel sick now.

Snuff flicks should do just that to you, if one is normal.

Lil off topic, but earlier this WK there was a triple murder/suicide in Tokyo ,and folks were losing their sht. In any city or town in America that's called a Friday.

The problem is America decided it's gonna be a gun nation, I'm not here to fight that battle today, but , we have gotta come to the reality cops are trained to be scared , gone are the days when a cop would say Freeze!! have his partner walked over and cuffed somebody.
Americans are so used to so much death, that this will ceased to be shocking, I know this because this movie had been played before.
edit on 9-12-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

everytime i hear a cop has been shot now, im just gonna say good, hope more die and get on with my life

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join