It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video shows police killing of Daniel Shaver in Mesa, Arizona (viewer discretion advised)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The problem with this is that police have to take responsibility

Sure, their job is rough but sometimes the police have to understand they are paid professionals and their mistakes have to be accounted for, it’s just that simple.

As of now, a cop can do his job and negligently kill and they ALWAYS GET OFF WIHTOUT PUNISHMENT.

That’s tyranny and a police state

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: jacobe001

I said way back on page like....two, maybe three, that I didn't think this was handled well and that it wasn't a good shoot so...yes?

I did not read the whole thread.
Sorry
But do you agree that when innocent people are killed, then we need to go back to the drawing board and fix this?
It is a lot easier to train a few thousand LE Officers than it is to train 300+ Million people on how to react when they have a gun pointed at them and their life on the line.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

The officer issuing commands was trying to do exactly that: get the person into a place to be secured. The problem is that he gave some stupid commands in the process of doing so, which was made worse by Shaver doing exactly what he'd been told not to do.

Another officer had a Taser deployed. Brailsford said during his interview that he saw the Taser dots on the woman as she crawled towards them. Brailsford was the lethal cover officer.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

As of now, a cop can do his job and negligently kill and they ALWAYS GET OFF WIHTOUT PUNISHMENT.

You mean like how Slager just got sentenced to a couple decades?

"Always."

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Do you honestly think I'm going to say "no, there's no reason to ever learn from anything that happens" or something? Is there anything in my post history to give you that impression?

The reality of the situation is that there are tens of millions upon tens of millions of police/civilian interactions annualy. Out of those millions upon millions, a thousand or so involve deadly force. Out of that thousand or so, the overwhelming majority of those killed by law enforcement are armed with a firearm or a knife when they're killed. Out of the remaining couple of hundred (if that), most of those are armed in some fashion or another.

After eliminating all of those, you have a handful of bad or questionable shootings each year that the media has turned into a narrative of mass slaughter by law enforcement perpetuated against citizens trying to eat a hot dog on their way to bible study day in and day out.

Can we learn something from every incident like the death of Daniel Shaver? I'll do you one better: you can probably learn something from just about every use of force incident, period. But am I going to start mashing the panic button about an epidemic that is entirely a media driven narrative? No, I'm not.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I would like someone in law enforcement to explain if having people crawl towards you is how you take someone into custody.

Ya, what the hell is that about? He is on the ground hands in front legs crossed, what else is needed? you go to him or wait for backup to cuff him..geez.

Why did the cop have a full auto rifle too...

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I'd agree. All this speaks to is this one incident and those involved.

One of the reasons that shocked me is how that officer was talking, his tone, his agitation and his seeming desire to pull the trigger, which he did. That's on him and him only. LEO's are generally extremely polite and calm no matter the situation. This bad actor slipped through the cracks.

Had he spoke calmly and carefully to that obviously terrified man, it could have ended well. Problem is I think that officer was terrified himself. Most bullies tend to be scared under the facade.
edit on 12/8/2017 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

The reality of the situation is that there are tens of millions upon tens of millions of police/civilian interactions annualy. Out of those millions upon millions, a thousand or so involve deadly force. Out of that thousand or so, the overwhelming majority of those killed by law enforcement are armed with a firearm or a knife when they're killed. Out of the remaining couple of hundred (if that), most of those are armed in some fashion or another.

Granted, there are only so many bad shoots like this a year.
But when the Hollywood Shoot Out occurred, police demanded all police departments across the country develop new tactics for what was an isolated occurrence that rarely happens and ever since then, we have had a beefed up police state because of that one incident.

How come it is ok for police to have a few of their own killed and to rewrite the books across the country but yet when innocent civilians are killed we can ignore it?

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
That is a #ing disgrace, that jackbooted steroid induces psychopath cop deserves the electric chair.

Land of the free my ass.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
we never forget, we never forgive...

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX

...and?

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

...and?

Somewhere, sometime, somebody will smash a Starbucks window.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Brailsford is practically the poster-child for steroid abuse.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

...and?

He is an antifa guy.

Probably some veiled threat.

He wont have the courage to come right out and say it though.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Apparently this officer gave his attitude and his stance away.....

I don't know... I think it shows intent.

The gun was inscribed with the phrase “you’re f*cked,” Tucson News Now reports.

The inscription on the gun was a violation of department policy, which was one of the reasons Brailsford was fired.

[url=http://www.heavy.com/news/2016/03/daniel-shaver-philip-brailsford-mesa-arizona-police-shooting-wife-laney-sweet-facebook-daughters-video]Source[/ url]

You really want this kind of person on the police force? If he was justified, it makes me wonder why they fired him. Oh yeah, it's because of what he had on his rifle. I wonder how long it had been there? I'm staking that everyone knew it was there and it's only because it came to light to the public that he had to be let go because the dept couldn't defend him after that was known.

This guy seemed to be an officer for the wrong reasons, as I stated before. His mindset clearly shows that he was hair trigger based on what was written on his rifle. Does this guy think he's in the damned military fighting terrorist overseas??? No.. He's on home soil protecting and serving civilians with rights to bare arms. Not only did they infringe on that but also his right to live. The more I read about this case the more I feel they should have at least pinned manslaughter on him.

edit on 8-12-2017 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
This has to be fake. I was led to believe only unarmed people of color were shot by police.

Seriously though, the cop should be in prison.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Yea not quite "that one event."

The Miami FBI shootout was the catalyst for agencies moving from revolvers to semi-autos. Columbine completely changed the way emergency personnel respond to an active shooter event. Some douchenozzle in Vermont showed small town law enforcement that they're not immune to big city violence.

The list goes on.

How come it is ok for police to have a few of their own killed and to rewrite the books across the country but yet when innocent civilians are killed we can ignore it?

I hope you don't expect me to answer that strawman? Since it's the exact opposite of what I just said, I mean.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

You just wait till the pizza rolls are done. You'll see.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

courage is not having bad opsec...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join