It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video shows police killing of Daniel Shaver in Mesa, Arizona (viewer discretion advised)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Mesa Police have released the body cam footage of the shooting of Daniel Shaver and it looks like a damm execution to me.

Shaver was pest control tech ,staying at a hotel having a few drinks with with some friends when one friend sees his locked case and asks him whats in it. So Shaver opens the case and shows him his pellet gun which had a scope .

Apparently some one saw him showing the PELLET gun to his friend and called the cops . The cops show up ,confront him in the hall and bark order after order which he complies to every one. The idiot cop then says crawl to me and as he tries to crawl to the cop he is shot 5 times.

Shaver was of course unarmed and his PELLET gun was back safely locked up in its case.

Of course the cop was not guilty .

This is why people are kneeling for the anthem , because there is no accountability. This is murder .

I have boycotted the NFL have not watched it in weeks , I Will watch it next week because boy do they have a point.

I wont kneel but dammit the message needs to be heard. This guy was as innocent as it gets and this cop should at the very least be fired but he is going to back on duty killing more people.

Eta. link..www.azcentral.com...

RIP

[video removed....age restricted]

Here is is wifes GOfund me page if you can stomach it.

[SNIP]

Since I cant post the gofundme link I will just post an excerpt from his wife.
[snipped unsourced material]

Mod Note: GoFund Me link removed. Solicitations are NOT allowed on ATS as per the ATS Terms and Conditions.

edit on 8-12-2017 by notsure1 because: (no reason givwww.abovetopsecret.com...)

edit on 12/8/2017 by eriktheawful because: Removed Link

edit on 8-12-2017 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2017 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review
edit on Sat Dec 9 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

That is really sad. Plenty of pest control folks carry pellet guns for work....

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
They shot him because in training they see stuff like this:

The lesson here is when you have a gun pointed at you you need to follow instructions. They could've legally shot him the first time he put his hands behind his back. They actually put their own lives in danger there.

+25 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I hear people bad mouthing those who protest, peacefully against this sort of thing, and I ask them this:

The men who founded the United States of America...do you think they would accept the notion that an unarmed man can be shot by an employee of the state, having done no harm, and been found guilty of no crime? Do you think that they would remain silent having witnessed such a thing, or do you think that they would rise up with others, and insist on better officer training? Do you think that the founding fathers would accept the suggestion that a judge who allows an officer to walk free after an incident like this, is impartial, or do you think they would come to the same conclusions as others, and suspect the judge of partiality?

I ask these things because they need asking, and I believe the protestors, most of them, to have the right idea, even if their way of wording it is clumsy. I cannot accept that the founders of the United States, knowing what I know of their writings and those of their contemporaries, would be against peaceful protest, even if it involved kneeling for the flag they fought to erect over the country that they founded. I believe they would find protests about this matter and others like it, to be affirmation of the flag and the principles on which the United States was founded, not a disrespect to either the flag or the country.

+44 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

The lesson here is, if you can't be relied upon to never shoot an unarmed man no matter what he is up to, you probably should not be permitted to carry a gun as part of your profession. If you are more willing to kill an innocent, than risk getting shot to protect one, maybe enforcement of the law and public service are not for you?

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

The lesson here is when you have a gun pointed at you you need to follow instructions. They could've legally shot him the first time he put his hands behind his back. They actually put their own lives in danger there.

Well they used that video to convict him.

+30 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Unbelievable. I have not heard of this incident, so thank you for sharing. That being said all I can say is this was a straight up execution. The officer gave contradicting instructions and seems like he was setting the victim up for failure. There was absolutely no reason to murder him. He was obviously crying because the officer scared him badly. How can you crawl forward with your legs crossed and your hands in the air? The officer had backup and had plenty of time to just approach the victim and cuff him. IMHO this is a clear case of murder and such a sad waste of a human beings life.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
What is he doing with a pellet gun in a hotel? Doesnt make sense.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: face23785

The lesson here is, if you can't be relied upon to never shoot an unarmed man no matter what he is up to, you probably should not be permitted to carry a gun as part of your profession. If you are more willing to kill an innocent, than risk getting shot to protect one, maybe enforcement of the law and public service are not for you?

Oh ok, because if you were the cop your sixth sense would have told you the guy was 100% for certain unarmed. And I suppose if you were the cop in the video I posted, you could've just shot the guy while he was walking away from you, since your preternatural senses would've told you the guy had a gun and was about to shoot you?

Yeah, come back to real life please.

+48 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

He is pest control guy. He uses it to shoot pests. And this is America he is allowed to have a gun.

So what is your point?

+53 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I would like someone in law enforcement to explain if having people crawl towards you is how you take someone into custody.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: face23785

Well they used that video to convict him.

This guy was not laying on the ground complying to every order vastly different scenario.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Poor Guy,
I wish the cop would have had him lay there and wait for an officer to come to him and cuff him, instead of making him crawl towards the cops.

I feel like I would've just layed there and waited.
That cop shouting directions and saying he would shoot me would be enough to paralyze me.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I think a bit more caution could of been used in this case. How bout a tazeer instead? The guy was doing as was asked, however he also moved his hand to go vbehind... why he did that, I guess we'll never know.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I would like someone in law enforcement to explain if having people crawl towards you is how you take someone into custody.

Yeah, I don't get that either. He was face down, legs crossed, arms out. It would seem they would approached and cuff him, unless they thought there was a potential threat inside the hotel room, which was just around the corner.

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

?

Why would you leave something expensive in your car, where your car insurance doesn't protect it?

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I think a bit more caution could of been used in this case. How bout a tazeer instead? The guy was doing as was asked, however he also moved his hand to go vbehind... why he did that, I guess we'll never know.

Because it is impossible to crawl with your hands in the air.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah, I don't get that either. He was face down, legs crossed, arms out. It would seem they would approached and cuff him, unless they thought there was a potential threat inside the hotel room, which was just around the corner.

They didn't do that because they thought there might be other people in the room. If you go down the hall to cuff him you put yourself in danger. The people behind you can't cover you well because you're in the line of fire. That's why you make them come to you in that situation.

+24 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
...unless they thought there was a potential threat inside the hotel room, which was just around the corner.

Then they should have called for backup.

The whole thing seems to have been self-perpetuated, the officer, in my opinion, escalated the scenario with his tactics.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Because it is impossible to crawl with your hands in the air.

The girl managed it.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join