It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clouds over London 10% fatty acids!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Scientist in London have discovered that fatty acids make up 10% of fine particulates in the clouds and could help counteract global warming!

See, we aren't responsible for global warming after all. They say deep frying and places like McDonald's may be the culprits

Who would of thought lol

www.bbc.com...

I wonder if their gonna test other major cities?

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: tayton

Delicious clouds..
Reminds me of the movie "Its raining meatballs"

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Ya mean that cartoon, 'Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs'? Lol

Which country will have the fattest clouds? Lol

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: tayton

Which country will have the fattest clouds? Lol

We get it bro, you vape.

Im not sure im buying the source of the fat though. Deep fryers just seem....no.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Didn't they recently find a whale sized blob of fat in the sewers in London also?

What the heck is going on over there? Lol

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Cremation's as well, definitely put's me off those meatball's, the idea is that these could actually COOL the climate as you say, I reckon it's just a crackpot study probably by a intern that a professor has leaped on and made his own because he probably has nothing original of his own to claim and it will get his name in the press for five second's.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I wish i knew what to say, we had fog over the mainland all day.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Oh yes that is the one...
Perhaps if its get fatty enough clouds it will finally happen.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

London does have it's fair share of lazy fat bastards that can't cook or be bothered to prepare healthy food, that along with a population that is overcrowded and depressed fatty junk food is the escape or only option..

The problem is so bad that there are boroughs that have banned "Chicken shops" from opening due to the level of obesity and dietary options within a area or near schools..
www.theguardian.com...

RA

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I am NOT watching that.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
"Deep frying may be the culprit"

mmm...fried chicken....with homemade buttermilk biscuits, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, green beans.....................wait....

What were we talking about?

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

They say deep frying and places like McDonald's may be the culprits.

I'd believe that more than anything.

Millions of cows give their all every day for Ronald the Clown, Hi priest of sodium, fat and cholesterol.

Hail the golden arches!

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Interesting, thanks OP - interesting stuff.

However your headline was very misleading "Clouds over London 10% fatty acids!" - 10% of the clouds being fatty acids would be insane! Fortunately it's not true. From the original paper:

"Aerosols are key components of the climate system1,2,3. Nearly all atmospheric aerosols contain organic compounds that are often surface active, in particular fatty acids. These include oleic acid found as the main component of cooking4 and marine5, 6 aerosols. While cooking emissions are not yet included in European emission inventories, they have recently been estimated to contribute nearly 10% to the UK national total anthropogenic emissions of small particulate matter (PM2.5) averaging 320 mg per person per day based on measurements at two sites in London7.
www.nature.com...

So, of human generated small particle pollution, 10% is fatty acids.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: tayton
Scientist in London have discovered that fatty acids make up 10% of fine particulates in the clouds and could help counteract global warming!

See, we aren't responsible for global warming after all. They say deep frying and places like McDonald's may be the culprits

Who would of thought lol

www.bbc.com...

I wonder if their gonna test other major cities?

No, the article says it may REDUCE global warming, not cause it. But researchers say it wont.

But researchers dismiss the idea that cooking fats could be used as a geo-engineering tool to reduce warming.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

So it has nothing to do with soot coming from burning fossil fuels.

There sure looks like there's a correlation. But I'm sure it's just left wing delusional thinking to accept this graph as meaningful.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Not many ethnic British left in London compared to the overall population so I assume that does not just mean them, I am a brit but northern, love my chip's and hey it's bloody cold tonight so that chip pan is not warming anything other than my chip butty's up.

Now were did I leave that remote control, oh there it is lost it in the fold's of ma belly.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Must be all those kebab shops frying away those kebab strips. I once bought some supermarket kebab meat and by the time I was finished cooking, I had a grill tray full of fat.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sapphire

Ya it was terrible, could barely see to drive home..so many idiots out there too.
Just got home from visiting a bud, originally from England and he was even saying..holy crap
edit on 8-12-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Comming from Glasgow myself, i have to wonder if we had/have those fatty clouds above our own fair city considering there was a chip pan in just about every house in the city when i was a wean growing up?

Replaced these days i suppose with the rather more safe deep-fat fryers.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I really love fog, when it comes, I have to go out and play in it. I'm a weirdo i guess.

<<   2 >>

join