It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis thinks he has authority to change what Christ said in the Gospels.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Precisely.

Thats rather the point though, isn't it. Revolution 9 insists that the English version of the Bible is inviolate. I suggest that this is impossible, since the language in which the Bible was originally penned, has been dead for longer than Latin has, and yet, people are suggesting that the Pope is "re-writing" the Bible.

I cannot fathom how utterly ill educated a person would have to be, to consider the King James, or the Gutenberg Bible for that matter, to be inviolate, given how many linguistic hurdles the original text has been pushed through up until now. Its meaning has been twisted by the political will of those who controlled what ended up being translated from the Aramaic text, into Greek, from there Latin, from there all the languages of the modern era. There is NO reason to suspect that any of the English, Latin or Greek translations are complete, accurate, and without flaw in understanding or comprehension. None at all. .

The very idea is absurd.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

HOOO RAHHHH!

ok now tell me, why you agree with Francis the Pope?

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Sapphire

originally posted by: intrptr

a reply to: intrptr

You just don't know me. Want to hang sometime and have a beer with some dead guys?

Not those dead guys, thanks though.

Which dead guys are you referring to, exactly?

The ones you want me to get drunk and meet.

I Never!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackmoonJester
a reply to: Revolution9
The Pope, and the Roman Catholic church, have a history of changing things in the Bible to suit their agenda.

They also have another interesting history of behaviour and use of symbolic accessories which hasn't changed yet:

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I guess if you rape enough little boys and attend enough meth fueled satanic orgies, and sacrifice enough babies, you might want start editing the Word.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
www.theguardian.com...

In the Gospels it is NOT a "mistranslation". It is what Christ said. If we know our "Job Lesson" then we know indeed that the Almighty is very capable of putting a stumbling block before us. Throughout the Torah and Books of the Prophets we see that the Lord tell humanity constantly that He causes downfalls when it is appropriate. Christ knew this and that is why He said what He said in the way He said it:

Matthew 6:9-13New International Version (NIV)

9 “This, then, is how you should pray: “‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, 10 your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. 11 Give us today our daily bread. 12 And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. 13 And lead us not into temptation,[a] but deliver us from the evil one.

Matthew did not write that gospel.
Tò katà Matthaīon euangélion is how it starts and that is not how writers signed their names in that era but it's how they say "as told to me by someone named Matthew". It's a way to note that the source was not themselves in ancient Greek.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I think Pope Francis is right, "God who induces temptation" is not right.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

HOOO RAHHHH!

I agree with him because he know more about Christianity than you do.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

If I remember correctly the last page of the new testament says not to change anything and if you do there will be consequences... or something in that direction. So,... the pope must be thinking to be close drinking pals with God in order to take the initiative and change His words in a way that suits him best. Bad idea..

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

HOOO RAHHHH!

I agree with him because he know more about Christianity than you do.

You're right he probably does. I wonder why that is....

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Funny thing is, the Catholic Church were the ones responsible, and had or was given Authority by Rome to pick out the various amount of texts, wether the reasons were for control, or a way to quell the fueds over Jesus words, is up to academical history.

The new testament was made 300 years A.D and there were other books that were banned for what ever reason. Not to mention the burning of a great Greek libary happened sometime after the supposed crucifixion. Also I don't seeing anything about God being the seducer or with repetitive translations but he apparently does.

Maybe he seeing or hearing things.
edit on 31-12-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join