It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis thinks he has authority to change what Christ said in the Gospels.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: GeneralMayhem

These stories are thousands of years old, written by who knows, about events retold time and again. I have trouble believing what I read about right now.

The older the tale the more it grows in the telling.

This is a fact.

ETA: This case in point only reaffirms this.

Isn't the "Cannon" supposed to preserve the Gospel for posterity, lest one 'jot or tittle' fall out of place? The Holy See is blind, an we even more ... if the record has to be changed, how blind were they about anything else up to now?
edit on 8-12-2017 by intrptr because: ETA

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

It is more than just straight translation as you say.
The meaning, context and actual wording/understanding as it was meant in the context of the culture of the writer is just as important if not actually more so than the simple word's with straight translation and that has indeed changed both over time and by culture.

Indeed it has been at tool of those that wished to misinterpret to entrench there power after the christian church was corrupted into a tool of state by the roman empire, there is only one king in Christendom for example and that is actually Jesus Christ himself, a living king whom has passed his decree's and expect's them to be followed by those that ARE in his kingdom but a mixture of old and new testament was used to enshrine the false concept used by monarch's of rule by divine right, they had no right and were actually descendant's of thug's and bloody gang leaders but they had to find a way to make this religion work for them etc.

edit on 8-12-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH
My friend, everything comes from God.

James says, in the comment I've already quoted, that "temptation" in the negative sense does not come from God.
That's why we have to devote some thought to discerning what the difference is.
Airy generalisations do not help.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek
a reply to: Revolution9

But what does it say in Aramaic? Or in Hebrew?

Translations are always a bit skewed, there's sometimes words/ideas and such that doesn't translate directly.

The Bible was translated into greek from biblical Hebrew, with some portions (notably in Daniel and Ezra) in Biblical Aramaic. Then the greek version was translated to english. So every english version relies on the latin translation of the bible. To make matters worse the bible was translated into old english where meanings of words have changed. So unless you read hebrew and aramaic and happen to have a copy of the dead sea scrolls your reading someones interpretation.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Take away all words and what is there really?

No internet, no Lords Prayer,

Take away all words and I'd be bored. Without words you can't order at a drive-through.
When and how did you first start understanding if not without words to kick start leading to your special "gnosis"

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

originally posted by: AMPTAH
My friend, everything comes from God.

James says, in the comment I've already quoted, that "temptation" in the negative sense does not come from God.
That's why we have to devote some thought to discerning what the difference is.
Airy generalisations do not help.

God creates both good and evil.

The LORD does both good and evil.

But, man was created to know and do only good.

Nevertheless, the ability to do evil was granted to man.

Man was given the "temptation" and a "warning".

Obey God, do good, and remain pure, or disobey, do evil, and become corrupt.

When Adam and Eve submitted to "temptation" and ate to forbidden fruit, their eyes were opened,
then they knew "good and evil", and could do both.

So, the Elohim said, lets' kick them out of the garden, lest they eat of the tree of life and "become gods" like us.

Because the gods do good and evil, and live a long time.

Man now does good and evil, but with a short life.

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -- KJV, Isaiah 45:7

Anyone who believes in a God that only does good simply doesn't understand God at all.

It is important to understand that God has "defined" what is "good" and what is "evil".

He created both.

He made a distinction between them.

And then he told mankind what to consider "good" and what to consider "evil."

This gives man "direction" for his own life.

It is because some people believe that God only does good, that they desire to "re-define" evil things to good, so that they can say, we follow the lord, and justify their own definition of good.

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! -- KJV, Isaiah 5:20

So, today, we see even the church discarding the biblical verses that clearly state what is evil, and redefining it to be good, using some other argument, thus putting darkness for light.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

The word translated into "temptation" by older translations is "peirasmos" (Strongs number G3986) which has a meaning of: "an experiment, trial or proving".

What Jesus said there could be taken as 'God directly leading someone to commit evil' but it also has another, clearer, meaning of God "leading someone into a difficulty or trial" which says nothing about there being a moral choice involved.

One cannot "overcome" if one does not have does not receive challenges.

edit on 8/12/2017 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
so god has the power to create the entire universe and everything in it, is timeless, can do anything he wants, but the best ...

I don't think that's quite right in the way most people say it is. Got can do what He wants, but what He wants is what is best for us. Sure, He could show us Himself right now, but everyone on this planet (perhaps even the planet itself) would be obliterated.

... “You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!” Then the LORD said, “Behold, there is a place by Me, and you shall stand there on the rock; and it will come about, while My glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by. “Then I will take My hand away and you shall see My back, but My face shall not be seen.”

- Exodus 33:20-23

To see God, we would first need to be elevated to a "resurrected', god-like status.Sure, he could do it now, but what consequences would that entail? To elevate us to immortality in our current state... Yikes. Look at the chaos that is the world right now. Imagine the even more horrific things people could do to each other were they granted immortality and power. This is why He locked away the "Tree of Life" from man, because he had become corrupted and knew that it would be a terrible thing to let us live forever in our sinful state.

Then the LORD God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever”—
therefore the LORD God sent him out from the garden of Eden, to cultivate the ground from which he was taken.
So He drove the man out; and at the east of the garden of Eden He stationed the cherubim and the flaming sword which turned every direction to guard the way to the tree of life.

-Genesis 3:22-24

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Words invented by man: can be changed by man.
What's the big deal?

Would it matter to a Swede, if a word was changed in the Spanish version of some silly text?

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77
Wow. You really have it in for Catholics, don't you?
They're not Christian? Really? You may want to read some history, perhaps even take a theology or religious studies class.

History:

Rwandan genocide (1994)

Within 100 Days, a Million Died

“The 1994 genocide in Rwanda represents one of the clearest cases of genocide in modern history. From early April 1994 through mid-July 1994, members of the small Central African state’s majority Hutu ethnic group systematically slaughtered members of the Tutsi ethnic minority. An extremist Hutu regime, fearing the loss of its power in the face of a democracy movement and a civil war, made plans for the elimination of all those—moderate Hutu as well as Tutsi—it perceived as threats to its authority. The genocide ended only when a mostly Tutsi rebel army occupied the country and drove the genocidal regime into exile. Over a period of only one hundred days, as many as one million people lost their lives in the genocide and war—making the Rwandan slaughter one of the most intense waves of killing in recorded history.”—Encyclopedia of Genocide and Crimes Against Humanity.
“Death Chambers”

“Organizers of the genocide exploited the historic concept of sanctuary to lure tens of thousands of Tutsi into church buildings with false promises of protection; then Hutu militia and soldiers systematically slaughtered the unfortunate people who had sought refuge, firing guns and tossing grenades into the crowds gathered in church sanctuaries and school buildings, and methodically finishing off survivors with machetes, pruning hooks, and knives. . . . The involvement of the churches, however, went far beyond the passive use of church buildings as death chambers. In some communities, clergy, catechists, and other church employees used their knowledge of the local population to identify Tutsi for elimination. In other cases, church personnel actively participated in the killing.”—Christianity and Genocide in Rwanda.

“The main allegation concerning the [Catholic] Church is that it switched its allegiance from the Tutsi elite to the creation of a Hutu-led revolution, thereby assisting in Habyarimana’s subsequent rise to power in a majority Hutu state. In terms of the actual genocide, critics once again hold the Church directly responsible for inciting hatred, sheltering perpetrators, and failing to protect those who sought refuge within its walls. There are also those who believe that, as the spiritual leader of the majority population in Rwanda, the Church is morally responsible for failing to take all available measures to end the killing.”—Encyclopedia of Genocide and Crimes Against Humanity.

Matthew 23:

25 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you cleanse the outside of the cup and of the dish, but inside they are full of greediness* [Or “plunder.”] and self-indulgence. 26 Blind Pharisee, cleanse first the inside of the cup and of the dish, so that the outside of it may also become clean.

27 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you resemble whitewashed graves, which outwardly indeed appear beautiful but inside are full of dead men’s bones and of every sort of uncleanness. 28 In the same way, on the outside you appear righteous to men, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.

29 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you build the graves of the prophets and decorate the tombs* [Or “memorial tombs.”] of the righteous ones, 30 and you say, ‘If we had lived in the days of our forefathers, we would not have shared with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.’ 31 Therefore, you are testifying against yourselves that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets. 32 Well, then, fill up the measure of your forefathers.

More history related to Roman Catholicism and Babylon the Great:

The Pagan Religious Roots of Evolutionary Philosophies Part 2

The End of False Religion Is near!

Who Really Is the Ruler of the World?
edit on 8-12-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I think you hit the mail on the head with the "false prophet" label, for that one! he's got a role to play.

Sad thing is, so many assume they "need" the CC for their salvation, they will defend this BS.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   
How are people leaping from the pope suggesting an alternate translation of a word to him calling Jesus a liberal and hippie?

Not to mention that the bible itself solidly establishes Jesus as a liberal hippie with his message of love, forgiveness, and acceptance of others.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   

What a nut. Yes folks, it's beginning to start.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Are you seeing now?

Seeing what, the truth the bible is written by men, is changed over time by TPTB to reflect their agenda?

You see it too, right?

I don't give two hoots about what any book says. I don't care what it is you are seeing.

Are you seeing? When are you seeing? Are you seeing now? These words here - are they seen?
Is this question really that difficult?

There are two kinds of seeing, with eyeballs and the minds eye.

Eye balls do not see.
Take an eye ball out of a dead persons head - does it see? Rip one of your eye balls out and give it to someone and get them to drive it across town - is that eye ball seeing?

edit on 9-12-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   

What's looking is what you're looking for.
The truth is hidden in plain sight.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
Take away all words and I'd be bored.

Jesus was said to have come to heal the deaf and blind - he wanted people to see and hear what is real. When words happen they tell stories that make believe all sorts of things that are not true.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   

I belong to Israel. I am there property. I am a prisoner in Babylon, UK, who does not want to live here.

If you want to believe a religion with its roots in Babylon and pagan Rome keep reading the bible. At least you got the prisoner part right.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   

google is not seeing it just appears as words on a page. Who is google 0 how can google separate?

Did I get that right?

oops...sorry "what is there to get"

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: hombero

god spoke to Moses with a burning bush, then it went downhill from there.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   
The bible is a collection of approved narratives - approved by man. I don't give a stuff who changes them.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join