It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis thinks he has authority to change what Christ said in the Gospels.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sapphire
a reply to: intrptr

Im not so sure everyone has one. I'm skeptical.

If you aren't sure who has a soul or not, go to the morgue and look at dead peoples eyes.

They are lifeless, their soul is gone from them.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

That would disclude me. Good. I've had more crap to deal with than you could shake a bag of # at in the past 24 hrs.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

originally posted by: intrptr
But yah, if you want the truth go thru your soul. Everyone has one, its an 'antenna' straight to the source.

The truth is hiding in plain sight.
In the act of seeing everything appears.

All seeing, all knowing and all that is present.

That was really cryptic. And wordy. The spirit isn't about words.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Thanks, I'll do that. I always wanted to visit the morgue and talk to a bunch of dead guys.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

But yah, if you want the truth go thru your soul. Everyone has one, its an 'antenna' straight to the source.

The truth is hiding in plain sight.
In the act of seeing everything appears.

All seeing, all knowing and all that is present.

That was really cryptic. And wordy. The spirit isn't about words.

What is appearing in plain sight is not made of words.
Seeing is happening without any word needed either.

Take away all words and what is there really?
edit on 8-12-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
www.grammar-monster.com...

Miss Saphire, I was in no way referring to you friend. I meant the comment to 'people', that is to say the populace at large, You have got me to expound more than I intended, but that's ok. As for your dialogue with others .... carry on..

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Thanks, I'll do that. I always wanted to visit the morgue and talk to a bunch of dead guys.

Lol, you don't actually need to go see dead people to recognize when someone is dead. EMTs do check the eyes too, though.

You know when you see a dead person, their soul is gone. So yah everyone alive is a soul. The real part of them. Sadly many are disconnected, to embedded in the world to notice or care. Conditioned by the world away from their own inner self, their reason, conscience and empathy.

Take heart though, if you know the difference, you are alright. You can be what you know is right in your heart, not be brought down by others actions, or their interpretations how you should behave. Just go with what you know is right in your heart. What you are shown to be the the right thing to do in the moment from (thru) your heart.
edit on 8-12-2017 by intrptr because: clarity

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

The spirit.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

The Oxford Martyrs were tried for heresy in 1555 and burnt at the stake in Oxford, England, for their religious beliefs and teachings, during the Marian persecution of protestants in England. The three martyrs were the Anglican bishops Hugh Latimer, Nicholas Ridley and Thomas Cranmer, the Archbishop of Canterbury.

They objected to the Marian alterations : since then it's become harder to change' the bible , ' . There's Henry 8th , Elizabeth 1st and King James 2nd to thank for that . Got any examples of which pope changed what when ? Or was that hearsay /?

"And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil" .

Maybe extracting _ the exact translation for our sakes may mean examining ands and buts , nots , and reverse translations .
You could write it ' lead us AWAY from temptation , however the BUT of BUT deliver us from evil , renders this simple reversal useless , as long as there is indeed a' but' in the second part of the sentence of the original scripture .
Assuming there is , and 'but deliver us from evil' is correct , they'd have a hard time getting away from that . The implication would certainly have been as originally quoted 'lead us NOT into temptation' , BUT deliver us from evil .

Unless Jesus misquoted himself of course , gabbler that he was

Besides that , God leads the Israelites with Moses in the desert , into temptation ( eg worshipping a golden calf) , on purpose, to test them . Its a one example there'll be more . The divergence the pope is making is with the quran where nearly everything people do is what God allows them to do as part of a test , opening for each person the doors of long term destiny . No prizes for where each those 2 doors lead to , ie condemnation or liberation . the quran has very firm appraisals of what heaven and hell are like .

I think the pope is giving the devil a bit much credit here too . Its right the guardian should question it

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

You just don't know me. Want to hang sometime and have a beer with some dead guys?

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

The spirit.

Well, there is just what there is - isness, being.

It/this could be named spirit - but it is not two - it/this is all there is. So there isn't any things - this is no thing (nothing).

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

You just don't know me. Want to hang sometime and have a beer with some dead guys?

I'd suggest some "Grateful Dead" if there are any left.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: GeneralMayhem

Although I agree with the first part of your post about misinterpretation of meaning, the second part...

Besides that , God leads the Israelites with Moses in the desert , into temptation ( eg worshipping a golden calf) , on purpose, to test them .

I read as... they weren't led away, they left on their own; valuing money, self and things, just like today. (The golden calf is the bull on wall street). Its a personal choice each of us makes every day, all day, all added up, that leads to the maturity of our whole character in one direction or another.

We either value things of the spirit or things of this world.

The Golden Calf

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Nice, i'll look them up.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Not those dead guys, thanks though.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

The spirit.

It/this could be named spirit - but it is not two - it/this is all there is. So there isn't any things - this is no thing (nothing).

More like our spirit is confined here for a time, like our body was confined in a womb before entering the real world.
Our life here is another gestation period before being born again into another world.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Which dead guys are you referring to, exactly?

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

The spirit.

More like our spirit is confined here for a time, like our body was confined in a womb before entering the real world.
Our life here is another gestation period before being born again into another world.

You were never born - you are the screen on which existence appears to exist.
You are ever present - without the aware space no appearance could appear.

Does the present ever go anywhere?
edit on 8-12-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Which dead guys are you referring to, exactly?

The ones you want me to get drunk and meet.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

The spirit.

You were never born - you are the screen on which existence appears to exist.
You are ever present - without the aware space no appearance could appear.

Does the present ever go anywhere?

Yes, at the speed of time.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join