It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis thinks he has authority to change what Christ said in the Gospels.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   
aramaicnt.org...

bba, [1]
Father,

Yithqadash sh‘mak.
May thy name be holy.

Tethe malkuthak.
May thy kingdom come.

Teh’wey ra’uthak.
May thy will be done.

Pitthan d-çorak [2] hav lan yomden.
Give us today our needed bread.

w-Shbuq lan hobenan. [3]
And forgive us our debts / sins.

Hek ‘anan sh‘baqin l-haibenan.
As we forgive our debtors.

w-La ‘ul lan l-nisyon.
And lead us not into temptation.

Amen.

That's how you do it, Pope! NOT your Liberal version where Christ is a hipster and anything goes. Yeah, we all know you guys would like authority to practice your debauchery, but it does not work that way. There will be consequences, DIVINE ones!

EDIT: Sorry, I feel to upset and angry to interact today.

edit on 8-12-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

pagenotes.com...

"Father of ours who 's in * heaven,

hallowed be thy name of yours,

come thy kingdom of yours,

arise thy will of yours,

as in heaven, also on earth.

This bread of ours that 's for the coming day give us this day.

And free us from these debts of ours
as also we have freed those debtors of ours.

And do not lead us into trial,

but draw us to you, away from that which is grievous ."

None of this is what the Pope says is it? He is making it up because it offends him what Christ said. I wonder why that is?

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Don't be a dick.
-Book of Skunkape. Chapter 23 verse 5.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   
www.jewishencyclopedia.com...

Directly connected with this is the prayer "And lead us not into temptation." This also is found in the Jewish morning prayer (Ber. 60b; comp. Rab: "Never should a man bring himself into temptation as David did, saying, 'Examine me, O Lord, and prove me' [Ps. xxvi. 2], and stumbled" [Sanh. 107a]). And as sin is the work of Satan (James i. 15), there comes the final prayer, "But deliver us from the evil one [Satan]." This, with variations, is the theme of many Hasidæan prayers (Ber. 10b-17a, 60b), "the evil one" being softened into "yeẓer ha-ra'" = "evil desire," and "evil companionship" or "evil accident"; so likewise "the evil one" in the Lord's Prayer was later on referred to things evil (see commentaries on the passage). The doxology added in Matthew, following a number of manuscripts, is a portion of I Chron. xxix. 11, and was the liturgical chant with which the Lord's Prayer was concluded in the Church; it occurs in the Jewish ritual also, the whole verse being chanted at the opening of the Ark of the Law. On closer analysis it becomes apparent that the closing verses, Matt. vi. 14-15, refer solely to the prayer for forgiveness. Consequently the original passage was identical with Mark xi. 25; and the Lord's Prayer in its entirety is a later insertion in Matthew. Possibly the whole was taken over from the "Didache" (viii. 2), which in its original Jewish form may have contained the prayer exactly as "the disciples of John" were wont to recite it.

I trust Israel, but I will NEVER trust Rome. Rome is the imposter. Jeruslem is God's City. Watch out for Rome because it will yet try to deceive humanity and does day after day.

Keep away from me, Romans. I belong to Israel. I am there property. I am a prisoner in Babylon, UK, who does not want to live here.

"By the rivers of Babylon
Where he sat down
And there he wept
When he remembered Zion
But the wicked carried us away in captivity
Required from us a song
How can we sing King Alpha song in a strange land?
'Cause the wicked carried us away in captivity
Required from us a song
How can we sing King Alpha song in a strange land?
Sing it out loud
Sing a song of freedom, sister
Sing a song of freedom, brother
We gotta sing and shout it
We gotta jump and shout it
Shout the song of freedom now
So let the words of our mouth
And the meditation of our heart
Be acceptable in Thy sight, oh Far I
So let the words of our mouth
And the meditation of our heart
Be acceptable in Thy sight, oh Far I
Sing it again!
We've got to sing it together
We've got to shout it together"

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   
You realize of course that the wording of the bible has been changed many times by many people including other popes right?

Just for an example read the history of the church of england. en.wikipedia.org...
Now this is a long read and it will take you some time to get at the parts were the bible was specifically changed by them.
One of the things the changed about the lords prayer was this part , "forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors" from latin into this, "forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us."
Which is probably what you recite when you say the lords pray.

That change was made in the 1600s and later in the 1800s trespass was changed to sin so it would read, "forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us."

Which version do you say? And why don't you use the original aramaic version?

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Don't be a dick.
-Book of Skunkape. Chapter 23 verse 5.

That's my favorite verse!

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
The Greek word 'peirasmos' can mean temptation, trial or test. The latter definition often being used to correlate to the Book of Job and his 'tests'.

edit on 8-12-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
www.theguardian.com...

Lead us not into mistranslation: pope wants Lord's Prayer changed

Pope Francis says wording of prayer implies that God induces temptation but that is Satan’s department

Pope Francis has called for the wording of the Lord’s Prayer to be changed, because it implies God “induces temptation”. The prayer asks God to “lead us not into temptation”. Pope Francis visits Myanmar and Bangladesh – in pictures View gallery But the pontiff told Italian broadcasters he believed the wording should be altered to better reflect that it was not God who led humans to sin. He told the TV2000 channel: “It is not a good translation because it speaks of a God who induces temptation.” He added: “I am the one who falls; it’s not him pushing me into temptation to then see how I have fallen. “A father doesn’t do that, a father helps you to get up immediately. It’s Satan who leads us into temptation, that’s his department.” The 80-year-old also highlighted that the Catholic church in France had adapted the prayer, and uses the phrase “do not let us fall into temptation” instead.

In the Gospels it is NOT a "mistranslation". It is what Christ said. If we know our "Job Lesson" then we know indeed that the Almighty is very capable of putting a stumbling block before us. Throughout the Torah and Books of the Prophets we see that the Lord tell humanity constantly that He causes downfalls when it is appropriate. Christ knew this and that is why He said what He said in the way He said it:

Matthew 6:9-13New International Version (NIV)

9 “This, then, is how you should pray: “‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, 10 your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. 11 Give us today our daily bread. 12 And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. 13 And lead us not into temptation,[a] but deliver us from the evil one.

en.wikipedia.org...

Matthew 6:9–6:13 (NRSV) Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And do not bring us to the time of trial, but rescue us from the evil one.

Luke 11:2–11:4 (NRSV) Father, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come. Give us each day our daily bread. And forgive us our sins, for we ourselves forgive everyone indebted to us. And do not bring us to the time of trial.

This is why I will have NOTHING to do with the catholic church because it is not Christian and it BLASPHEMES continually. The Pope is trying to turn Christ into a LIBERAL. lol. It won't "wash", you corrupt and lying old man. I would not dare to do what the Pope is doing because I would be too scared of what God was going to do to me because of my deception. The Pope will deceive billions by this. They will just swallow it like a poisoned and stale wafer.

No, you ghastly old liar! You money grabbing false Prophet. Christ is not one of your sick liberals. There will of course be grave consequences for the Catholic Church for doing this.

The Catholic Church is an institution that has brought so many evils upon the world, from child abuse to extortion (via the buying one's way out of imaginary made up Purgatory business).

It has no authority over me. I hate it. I hate it because it is so hypocritical. The Pope, in doing what he is going to do, is a FALSE PROPHET.

Seems my friend who is in a coma for being outspoken was right even about this. I always though this track may have been a bit too critical, but again my friend is justified for his righteous musical rant. Poor Tosh1! Jawara had some serious foresight. It is sad. I think they did this that to him deliberately, on a supernatural level for sure.

No, I will recite the prayer as I am told by Scripture, not by this liberal blasphemer Pope. Their audacity confounds me, these peadophiles. How many of them have actually been prosecuted? They are being protected. They are criminals who have destroyed so many children psychologically ALL OVER THE WORLD. I HATE THEM. Judgement upon them!

And who gave King James permission to put out his own "version"? A King decides to create his own "version"?

I always thought that was crazy. Gospels according to Jim... Same thing. Both wrong.
edit on 8-12-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

You may be missing the point.
Good Shepherd and Father

Our Father whom art in heaven hallowed by thy name (holy is your name and I bless it)
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth (and in my life especially) as it is in heaven (by thy faithful)
Give us this day our daily bread (For your FATHER in heaven knows what you need)
And forgive us our trespass as we forgive those that trespass against us (love your neighbor as yourself, treat other's as you would be treated yourself, if you have two coats and your brother has none give him the one you are not using etc and forgive them whom can not repay you there debt's)
And Lead us NOT into Temptation ( And Lead us - Good Shepherd and Father - But Lead us NOT into Temptation - for you know our weakness already - you know what we need )
But Deliver us from Evil ( the Devil is the one that want's to put tests before you that you can not pass so that he like in the case of Job were if he had lost can then if you fail argue that you should be his, Sin is literally failure or imperfection not simply Evil and to sin is to fail - we all fail only Christ passed all test's so he has already paid the price for us )
For thine is the Kingdom and the Power and the Glory forever and ever Amen

Are you sure he does not just want to make it easier for people to understand, god's love is not a competition or a school test that you get to pass because if that is your attitude he would rather take the kid that failed from the back of the class - he can fix our flaws and indeed he has promised to do so - a new celestial body, a new heart and a new spirit.

edit on 8-12-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

'peirasmos'

It's cunning that word, interesting

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Sapphire

That's the problem when translating something through multiple languages. Literal translations are often not what the original metaphorical translation were intended to be.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

he's definitely missing the point.

But arent we all..

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

There is really only one person that can answer that.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Yes Precisely my thought too.

Thank you for staring me .You Rock.
edit on 8-12-2017 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Oh and who might that be?

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I wonder but believe I know

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Yum i think i know too but i will reserve that for the guys in charge.
edit on 8-12-2017 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Mmm yes. I hate translating sh't too.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

So let me make sure of something. Your upset a book that is open to interpretation is being interpreted different then your interpretation? I could get 10 people to read a passage in the bible and get 10 different opinions on its meaning. The bible was written that way on purpose it wasnt an accident.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

If there is a code - if one bit of it is changed.......... the code is no longer there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join