It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge recuses in Michael Flynn case

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
So Flynn's "Judge" in his case has recused himself and a new "Judge" was "randomly" assigned.

The new judge is Emmet Sullivan, a Bill Clinton appointee to the Federal Bench.

Hmmm

Sounds like some game playing because Flynn has pled guilty and all that's left is the sentencing.

The former Trump national security adviser will be sentenced by Clinton appointee Emmet Sullivan.

President Donald Trump’s former national security adviser, Michael Flynn, will face a different judge to be sentenced than the one who took Flynn’s guilty plea to a felony false statement charge last week, court records show.

Judge Emmet Sullivan was randomly assigned to take over the case after Judge Rudolph Contreras recused himself.

edit on Dec-07-2017 by xuenchen because: +++ ++ + - -- ---

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Contreras was an Obama appointee... The inmates are running the asylum.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
So Manafort's "Judge" in his case has recused himself and a new "Judge" was "randomly" assigned.

The new judge is Emmet Sullivan, a Bill Clinton appointee to the Federal Bench.

Hmmm

Sounds like some game playing because Manafort has pled guilty and all that's left is the sentencing.

The former Trump national security adviser will be sentenced by Clinton appointee Emmet Sullivan.

President Donald Trump’s former national security adviser, Michael Flynn, will face a different judge to be sentenced than the one who took Flynn’s guilty plea to a felony false statement charge last week, court records show.

Judge Emmet Sullivan was randomly assigned to take over the case after Judge Rudolph Contreras recused himself.

'evenin' Xuenchen! And all we used to have for humor was comic books!! This whole thing is twisting more than Chubby Checker on speed. lol!

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Trump ought to pardon Flynn just to troll his haters and sit back and watch their heads explode.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

No need to add fuel to those fires. Doing nothing has so far allowed his enemies to make more than enough unprovoked catastrophic errors. In my view, Trump would be better served treating the Flynn fiasco for what it is: a manufactured nothing that he should completely ignore.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

IF he really is going to be a one term prez.

He should go out in style and dish out a little payback for all the snip they've said and done.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

No need to add fuel to those fires. Doing nothing has so far allowed his enemies to make more than enough unprovoked catastrophic errors. In my view, Trump would be better served treating the Flynn fiasco for what it is: a manufactured nothing that he should completely ignore.

That's the thing that irks me quite a bit. Trump did nothing to stop any of this except tweeting. Meanwhile Obama arrested journalists and he got praised for it. The double standard is blatantly obvious. The hardcore Anti-Trumper's deserve to eat crow for all eternity. Mind you not the people that have somewhat legitimate reasons like they don't like his politics. That i can get behind. I mean all the muh feelings and virtue signaling bull#ters. They piss me off.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

He should go out in style and dish out a little payback for all the snip they've said and done.

I think he's got a better shot currently of being two terms than he had winning the first one to begin with. He's not lost any supporters, and once American tax payers see a tax cut actually happen via a tax code rewrite rather than a via political pandering executive decision, that base will grow.

Once you get over the hysterical shrieking of his usual detractors, you can see the man has done a decent job in the big chair.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

A court spokeswoman confirmed to POLITICO that the reassignment of the case was due to Contreras' recusal, but did not immediately respond to a query about the reason.
Why recuse now and the "why" should be said . imo

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

The hardcore are only hurting themselves at this point. Trump has given them rope, now it is time for him to sit back and watch them hang themselves with it. After they're feet are dangling, then by all means I would expect a little bit of smug gloating coming from the Oval Office, well deserved gloating, in fact. Since Friday's report on Flynn effectively did the opposite of what the MSM was hoping for, actually killing the ridiculous Russian collusion narrative, and then moved towards exposure of members of Mueller's own team for conflicts of interest, I've been unbearably smug. In fact, I haven't felt this smug in nearly 13 months.

The truth is a beautiful drug and when mixed with a properly prepared 8-ball of irony, the intoxication is blissful.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I think he's got a better shot currently of being two terms than he had winning the first one to begin with. He's not lost any supporters, and once American tax payers see a tax cut actually happen via a tax code rewrite rather than a via political pandering executive decision, that base will grow.

Once you get over the hysterical shrieking of his usual detractors, you can see the man has done a decent job in the big chair.

That depends if they let HRC(yes please) run again or switch to Kamala Harris(obnoxious as hell) or Tulsi Gabbard(i like her). TG could even run as independent to have a better shot. I'm also worried that even if Trump gets cleared and vindicated the entrenched MSM,Hollywood,Celebs and hardcore Anti-Trumpers will never let him live this down.

It's not even that funny anymore. Quite the opposite in fact and i've grown tiresome. The Trump curse claimed so many victims already. Kathy Griffins destroyed her career over this. J.K. Rowling got flak on Twitter for defending her choice to not replace Johnny Depp. They cannibalize each other every day now.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Exactly! My husband was a Hillary supporter, but has recently been disenfranchised with the media and the democrats. He told me that if he pays less taxes this coming tax season...he will vote for Trump in 2020!

Side note: we are opposites that give each other a healthy balance. Yet, I am sure he is not the only one who will see the benefit of a Trump Presidency and won't give a flip that they thi k he is an idiot. $$$ makes many change their attitude and vote.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Either way 2020 will be a good year.

It's the year the Ford Bronco is reintroduced

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I have 3 of the old broncos a 68, a 69, and a 77. They truly are the best.

On a side note I am still hopeful for a Trump win in 2020. The left deserves it.

This whole investigation is a load!

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Then why would the other judge step aside voluntarily??

If he was in on it there would be no need to replace him.. if he wasn’t then why isn’t he pointing out he is being obstructed??

Trump owns every branch of government..

Why is t trump pointing out there is shananigans by naming obstructionists??

Why isn’t trump

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Premature commentation? No worries happens to the best of us.

edit on 7-12-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Can't help but wonder if he has some texts that may come out soon,
or social media postings showing his Anti Trump bias.

This kind of dirty political corruption is threatening democracy
like never before in this country.

I'll be watching this on, more to come!

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Funny that the left think they are destroying Trump but it is really backfiring. People are tired of the nonsense and the extreme hate coming from the left. Like learn to moderate you nutcases mentality, it's looks stupid to go full retard and hate 24/7.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Trump ought to pardon Flynn just to troll his haters and sit back and watch their heads explode.

Please yes.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Add to that people wanting to 'strike back' at the "popular vote" argument that the left ran with and I think we're going to see a huge presence of right voters next go 'round.
It's basically Trump's to lose.
edit on 7-12-2017 by essentialtremors because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join