It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Days Later

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
....and I'm still a bit pissed about this.

I'm on my way back home from an errand, come to the 4 way stop sign down by the Elementary School and see a car on the right side of the intersection going very slow and weaving around something in the road. That "something" was a tiny poodle, following every car that came through there like she was lost and looking for her owner. After that car drove by her, I turned right and she came straight toward my truck and just stopped and sat down in the road not 10 feet in front of me. Of course, I stop, get out and start talking to her, getting her to come to me. She ran to a house on the corner and I figure, "That's her house", so I go to the door, knock and get no answer. She sits by the front door and I hope she'll stay there, so I start walking back to my truck, which is running and sitting in the middle of the road.
She follows.
She wants to go with me, but a little too scared to actually come to me, know what I mean? I get her to go back in her yard, but as soon as I get a bit down the street, I see in my mirror that she's right back out in the road, looking for her owner.
Back I go and get her back in her yard. This time she stays.
It's just a little further to my house and I'm worrying all the way. I'm afraid she'll be right back out in the road, someone won't see her or like too many, won't even try to miss her and she'll be hit. I'm home 5 minutes and just can't stand it, so I grab some dog food and go to check on her. Now she's sitting at the edge of the road, but as soon as my truck gets within about 50 ft, she comes running right toward it.
Now, I should make it clear that this is a tiny dog, maybe 6-8 inches to the top of her head, it's after dark and getting cold fast. What's this little girl even doing outside?
Again, I do the whole knocking thing and still no answer. No lights on, no cars home either.
She won't come to me, but I figure she'll come to a female, so I call my ex, explain what's going on and she meets me down there. Sure enough, she comes straight to my ex. I give my ex the food, she takes the dog home with her, because I can't really bring her to my house. My Great Pyrenees is really unfriendly to strange dogs and will make a snack outta this one, so the plan all along was to get my ex to watch her till I found the owner.
I found the dog around 6 ish PM, made 2 more trips to that house that night and by around 7 PM the next night and 4 more trips to that house at different times.... still no one home. I'm thinking, "Who the hell leaves a tiny dog out like that, no food, no water, no shelter, in cold weather, while they're gone for so long?"
At this point, I'm far beyond pissed.
I tell my ex, "Find someone you work with at the hospital to adopt her, 'cause anyone who leaves a little dog out like that doesn't deserve to get it back". My personal view is that if you mistreat kids or animals, you are the one who deserves being locked in a cage and beaten frequently.

This has sort of a "happy" ending, in that the owner finally came home, put a post on Facebook about her lost dog and my ex saw it through a friend of a friend kinda thing, returned the dog and found that the owner was stuck out of town in unexpected circumstances. She said she sent a friend to check on the dog, but my question is still " How did she get out and why for so long?"
I've just happened to drive by there a few times since and haven't seen the dog, so maybe the friend is at fault, although I still can't think how she even got out, [ unless the friend let her out, then left meaning to come back later. ..which is B.S. You don't just let a dog out and leave like that ]

I'd stop thinking people are such assholes, if they'd stop proving me right.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Thank you for doing the right thing. People who are dishonest/irresponsible with the lives of others are pretty low in my book. I applaud your actions though.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

sometimes dogs get out man.
little gaps in fences and # like that.
couple that with an 8 inch dog and i can totally see it happening

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

There's no fence around that house or yard. It was a tiny short hair poodle, not an "outside dog" by any means. She looked well fed, clean and recently groomed. My ex said she was very happy to see her owner, so I'm guessing the friend is at fault here.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

There's no fence around that house or yard. It was a tiny short hair poodle, not an "outside dog" by any means. She looked well fed, clean and recently groomed. My ex said she was very happy to see her owner, so I'm guessing the friend is at fault here.

maybe the friend is at fault but accidents do happen. dogs do get out.
leashes break. collars slip off.
dog could have darted out.

not everything is evil man
jut saying

did you at least bang the ex?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Exactly. We have a little dog, Min Pin... Her owner died we took her in. I spent around 400 bucks and countless hours fencing in a good size piece of yard. And she is out lol...

A few missed wire ties here or there and damn they find them.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

lol...NO.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

lol...NO.

bummer

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

did you at least bang the ex?

Thats funny...I thought something similar... A great way to bring an ex that you did not want to be an ex back in.... Bring in a hurt lost puppy lol

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
One time close to rush hour I come upon a center turn lane and a little dachshund standing right in the middle of it, cars whizzing by on both sides. I pull into the center lane and stop, get out and grab up the dog, taking it in my truck and turning down a side street I stop and look at the license tag on its collar.

Theres a phone number on the back. I look up and an AT&T truck is parked right in front of me with a guy in it, on the phone. I get out and ask him to call the number he's like, alright.

They're home in the middle of the day and right down the street. I deliver the little guy to his front yard where two kids came out and start to take him inside. They didn't say much as I told them I found him in the middle of a busy intersection.

"you almost lost your dog today."

Their eyes got big as saucers.

Two lessons learned that day, by a dog and its masters.
edit on 7-12-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Glad you done the right thing and looked after the dog, hopefully that doesn't happen again poor little thing.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I'd stop thinking people are such assholes, if they'd stop proving me right.

Maybe it's not the owner fault. We have two very expensive Siberian indoor cats. There have been times when we've had people doing work on the house when a worker left the door wide open and our one cat got out. No matter how hard you try they sometimes get through.

Maybe people are not as bad as you make them out to be. You only criticize and hate in other people what you don't like about your own character. Yeah, mistakes happen. But I doubt the owners would have been happy if their dog got killed.

edit on 7-12-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

You did a good deed. I just wonder if the dog found a way out of the house when the person checked on it. It could be they didn't know the dog ran out of the house considering the dog was so small. We had a similar thing happen in my neighborhood. The neighbor didn't realized the dog slipped out of the house.

I'm surprised the person who owned this dog didn't offer to give you some cash for saving her dog's life! I know if my golden retriever got loose and someone saved her from getting ran-over, my wife and I would be forever grateful. I would easily give that person some cash for saving our beloved pet and for their troubles.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   

My guess is that the friend, who was supposed to be looking after the dog, somehow let her out, and wasn't able to get her back in, and just left. Not a good caregiver, if that's the case! The owner might not have been told, until returning to town.

The worst part, for me, is that no one else stopped to try and help this dog. Very good that you did, and kept her safe! See? Not all people are that bad. Some sure do push the limits, though, don't they?

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   

You're a good person and dog lover like our family.

EDIT: owner was found all good. Didn't read your last paragraph correctly, half asleep.
edit on 8-12-2017 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2017 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: edit

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   
You must be pretty well off to still be pissed about that two days later.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

When i woke up earlier, i saw your post and read it. Now i saw it again on the "live" page and i thought i would like to thank you for being so kind towards a little animal! Very well written and very emotional.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Abuse and neglect of kids and animals?...I'm always angry.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Not to get off topic, but did you see the video of the guy saving the life of a rabbit in the current California fires? That video really tugged at my heart strings. It's nice to hear about good things humanity does instead of being bombarded with all the bad.

new topics

top topics

join