It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Devin Nunes Met With Witness Erik Prince While Pretending to be Uninvolved

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
Well it appears Nunes has been cleared by the ethics committee and can now return to the helm of the Russia investigation. Looking for source now but it’s just breaking.

www.politico.com...

He was specifically being investigated for sharing classified information and according to the ethics committee's experts (surprised they needed experts for this?), the information he shared was not classified.

Still doesn't resolve his conflict of interest or clear up the questions about his coordination with the WH to derail this House Intel Committee's investigation.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Many committee chairmen have pretty much unilateral power. They can, for instance, issue subpoenas without even telling anyone else in the committee.

There was a rash of rules changes by the GOP in 2015 which gave more committee chairs more unilateral power. Basically, they patterned it off of the power that Daryl Issa wielded to conduct his months of kangaroo court if you remember that?

Details here.

Only the chair or a delegated member can sign subpoenas so if I'm not mistaken, he could refuse to sign a subpoena but I've not read anything about him doing that but since April, Rep. Conway has been delegated to act as chair of the Russian active measures inquiry.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Devin Nunes was cleared from the House Ethics Committee. Looks like they didn't bought the character assassination plot. Oops. Now it's gonna get interesting.

edit on 7-12-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Maybe this is the way you need to operate to fight the deep state.

Who does the "deep state" work for? The narrative among the pro-Trump crowd is that they are somehow loyal to Obama, even out of office and with all of the agency heads having been replaced with Trump's appointees.

I for one don't buy it. Why would this be the case? And why wouldn't Trump's people be able to get their respective agencies in order?

I don't doubt that there are career people in the intel community who don't take kindly to things Trump has said, not least of which his general assertions that they essentially made up Russian influence in the election to hurt him.

But did you ever consider that maybe some of these people who have leaked information are whistle blowers with a genuine concern? There have been allegations of the intel commmunity being "in revolt" a number of times in the last couple decades.

It was alleged that they were in revolt against Bush 43 for his administration's misrepresentation of intel on WMD. It was the leaks from the intel community that revealed the deception.

I think that is exactly the kind of # we need to know about. If that was the "deep state" more power to them.

More recently, in 2015, it was declared the that the intel community was in revolt against Obama. One example comes from this September, 2015 New York Times article:< br />

WASHINGTON — The Pentagon’s inspector general is investigating allegations that military officials have skewed intelligence assessments about the United States-led campaign in Iraq against the Islamic State to provide a more optimistic account of progress, according to several officials familiar with the inquiry.

The investigation began after at least one civilian Defense Intelligence Agency analyst told the authorities that he had evidence that officials at United States Central Command — the military headquarters overseeing the American bombing campaign and other efforts against the Islamic State — were improperly reworking the conclusions of intelligence assessments prepared for policy makers, including President Obama, the government officials said.

Is that a whistle blower trying to get the truth to Americans about something the government was lying to us about? What about all those chatty "officials familiar with the inquiry" confirming it? Is that the "deep state?"

Then during the election we were treated to all sorts of fun stuff. The FBI was said to be "in revolt" against Comey. Remember that? And that was cited by the pro-Trump crowd for believing supposed leaks allegedly originating with the FBI's NY office.

Then we had among others, Rush Limbaugh and RT telling us there was a "silent coup" to take out Trump and install Clinton:

Next month, Donald J. Trump, with hand on Bible, will be sworn in as the 45th President of the United States. Or will he? The recent talk about recounting votes and 'faithless electors' suggests this highly contentious power struggle is far from over.

In fact, it may be just beginning.

Anybody who believes Hillary Rodham Clinton has been sent to the political graveyard by a Manhattan real estate developer has forgotten the cruel surprises of recent history (Remember the Greek referendum? Brexit anyone?). Democratic due process has devolved into something like ‘The Hunger Games’ for the rich - a sensational televised spectacle to entertain the elite every four years, while keeping the people believing they can effect real change.

Although it may seem implausible to some, Donald J. Trump may be denied the presidency due to a democratic system that has been corrupted to the bone by excessive wealth, power and collusion at the highest levels.

And then there was that popular video about a supposed war in the intel community with a silent coup and a counter coup.

I've come to believe that the "deep state" is whatever the f# whoever invokes it, wants it to be. There are clearly people in the intelligence community who at times act in ways that are contrary to the administration. Sometimes it's a 20-something NSA contractor with an absurd name like "Reality Winner."

So speculate away. It's a favorite past time. I believe that there are some people in the intel community who view Russia as the threat that it is and have blown the whistle on people like Flynn, who as it turns out was shady af.

But then let's also keep in mind that Flynn was a veteran of the intel community himself and... shady af.

What I don't believe is that there's a mass coordinated effort to hurt Trump because the intel community is butthurt that Clinton didn't win. I also don't believe that what is frequently referred to as the "deep state" is something that can ever be eradicated and I have mixed feelings about that.

I would say we all want to believe, particularly when "our guy" is in the Oval office, that the entire intel community is always 100% onboard with President's agenda. But at the same time, I think on some level, we all also pray that if something really f'd up is happening that we the people are being lied to about, somebody will have the courage to do the right thing and blow the whistle.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Your entire narrative is based on an incorrect assumption. Nobody has said the deep state is "Obama loyal." We've said the deep state is establishment and status-quo loyal, which they are. Anyone who attempts to rock that establishment will see serious backlash against them from the alphabet agencies, regardless of political party. It's why JFK is dead, it's why every major candidate over the years who has run on a rock the boat platform has had some massive incrimination from their past floated out to the media prior to the election... accusations which conveniently disappeared immediately upon the candidate leaving the race, and it is why this farce continues against Trump. The problem they have now is that we're in the information age and it's a lot more difficult to pull the wool over the eyes of people with on-demand access to virtually any news item out there.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Devin Nunes was cleared from the House Ethics Committee. Looks like they didn't bought the character assassination plot. Oops. Now it's gonna get interesting.

Again, they were only investigating whether information he shared was classified. They determined it was not. I have no idea why that took 7 months for a dozen or so people to ascertain but whatever.

His conflict of interest and impropriety is self-evident. He admitted to having called reporters to spread the WH's narrative at their behest. That's not something that's open for debate. We know who delivered the unmasking narrative to him, when and where. BTW, Ezra Cohen-Watnick got shown the door by H.R. McMaster. We can assume that's because he didn't want a Flynn protege and loyalist lingering behind.

And unless Prince just made this meeting up (and why would he?) we know that he had an in person meeting with Nunes at some point two weeks or longer after he was contacted to appear in front of the House Intel Committee. In all likelihood, given what a shady pos Erik Prince is, I'm going to guess that he only offered that information up because he figured they knew about it already and he didn't want to get caught in an obvious lie.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

One and a half sentence in and your assumption is already dead wrong. The Deep State is not just Obama and his cronies. They are hiding in every branch around the #ing world. Not everything evolves around the USA. I bet we have some Deep State agents in our own government as well. If Trump proves that he wants to crush them then we all and i mean every single person on the planet that is tired of being manipulated and controlled could rally behind him and change the world for the better.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

How is Trump really rocking the boat? He's promised to dump billions and billions into the military industrial complex. He went out and kissed the Saudi rings and touched their balls. Under Trump drone strikes are down up and rules of engagement have been relaxed.

Remember? He's "letting them win?"

Where has the CIA pulled up stakes and left? We're not even eleven months in and we've had a failed raid in Yemen and a Green Berets dying in Niger. Erik Prince has been hovering around the WH like a fly to # trying to sell them on a private army in Afghanistan and more recently, the Intercept is reporting that he and Ollie North have been pitching a private intelligence agency that would report directly to Trump and Mike Pompeo.

Erik Prince is the epitome of what you think Trump somehow stands against. Hell, Trump even has Kissinger advising him on China. And of course, he's surrounded himself with generals.

There's only a few ways in which Trump could reasonably seen as rocking the boat. He still demurs to Putin like a bitch (which Obama was accused of vociferously when they put the breaks on European missile defense system) and between pandering to fundies and letting his unqualified son-in-law (nepotism is really the best form of cronyism) run amok, he's actually managing to make things worse in the Israel-Palestine conflict.

But please, tell me more how you see Trump as a JFK-like figure.

EDIT:

I forgot, he did get into that Twitter feud with Kimmy.

edit on 2017-12-7 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Paris accords, DREAMERS, indications of scaling back efforts to appease the Middle East, openly pointing out that the US media is a propaganda machine... there are other items in the works which, if they manifest, would be added to this list like the Wall, ending NAFTA, US energy independence, etc.

What, exactly, has he cowed to Putin on? Strikes me that Putin hasn't received much of anything here, except for a POTUS that mostly doesn't say much of anything to or about him. "Pandering to fundies" uh, you mean fulfilling promises to his constituents who voted for him to see those promises met? He certainly hasn't made anything worse for our ally, Israel, as for Palestine, screw 'em...

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Paris accords, DREAMERS, indications of scaling back efforts to appease the Middle East, openly pointing out that the US media is a propaganda machine... there are other items in the works which, if they manifest, would be added to this list like the Wall, ending NAFTA, US energy independence, etc.

What, exactly, has he cowed to Putin on? Strikes me that Putin hasn't received much of anything here, except for a POTUS that mostly doesn't say much of anything to or about him. "Pandering to fundies" uh, you mean fulfilling promises to his constituents who voted for him to see those promises met? He certainly hasn't made anything worse for our ally, Israel, as for Palestine, screw 'em...

CNN just released a article that implicates fulfilling campaign promises is somehow the worst thing that can happen. I read only the Headline on /pol though. I will never give CNN any clicks ever again. It's completely mental.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So you can't come up with anything different about Trump that would lead the IC to want to do him in.

What, exactly, has he cowed to Putin on?

Oh I dunno, how about that whole election meddling thing that Trump insists didn't happen?

"Pandering to fundies" uh, you mean fulfilling promises to his constituents who voted for him to see those promises met?

Yeah, fundies. You know, those people in the Christian Right who believe that after a global war, the Third Temple will be built so that the Antichrist can reveal himself?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

The Deep state is trying to go on the offensive against Nunes. Trump needs his own secret team to counter those entrenched bastard childs.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Grambler

Many committee chairmen have pretty much unilateral power. They can, for instance, issue subpoenas without even telling anyone else in the committee.

There was a rash of rules changes by the GOP in 2015 which gave more committee chairs more unilateral power. Basically, they patterned it off of the power that Daryl Issa wielded to conduct his months of kangaroo court if you remember that?

Details here.

Only the chair or a delegated member can sign subpoenas so if I'm not mistaken, he could refuse to sign a subpoena but I've not read anything about him doing that but since April, Rep. Conway has been delegated to act as chair of the Russian active measures inquiry.

Well if this is right then although nunes may have a conflict of interest, it deosnt seem he has done anything yet to endanger the investigation.

However, I think we should watch what he does with scrutiny, and I believe Conway should stay in charge.

And a brief side question,

Wouldn't the ethics comittee also looked at his meetings with the wh to see if they were unethical?

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Guess who was cleared.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Nunez is trumps disinformation agent. One has to wonder what he believes he's going to get for his efforts. I hope he's not expecting anything because trump welches on every obligation.
edit on 1282017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

No he isn't. They want you to believe that but there's nothing to find and Nunez is a disinformation agent there to muddy the water.
It's another stupid trump move. He's so obviously hiding something.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Lol sure she did. You know that's all crap but you keep pushing it.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

As a non-christian speaking here, you don't see the problem with ridiculing people for having different beliefs from you?

I think its all made up BS, too....but come on man. Fundies? Thats what you think the majority of his voters are?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join