It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blast from the Past * Albuquerque, NM, 1962

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Ran across these photos of an old-fashioned flying saucer supposedly taken around 1962 in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Kirtland AFB. I manipulated some of the photos (there were five total) to hopefully get some more 3-D information from them. I think they tend to show that the object in question was small and thrown into the air by hand. Or maybe it was just a small saucer. Who says they have to be big enough to carry someone human-sized?

edit on 7-12-2017 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift Seeing how in the first gif it curves. I often throw frisbees like that to over come trees that stand in my way for a par. Common practice and is very easy to do. While I like your enthusiasm I am going to call this fake. Sorry bud

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I'd have to agree with you, it looks like a small object in the foreground that was thrown in the air by the guy pointing at it. Unless flying saucers fly sideways and straight toward the ground?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: Blue Shift Seeing how in the first gif it curves. I often throw frisbees like that to over come trees that stand in my way for a par. Common practice and is very easy to do. While I like your enthusiasm I am going to call this fake. Sorry bud

I'm just fiddling with the photos. It's nice to have multiple clear photos so we can move them around a little and really see what's going on.

Another thing to consider is that if the saucer is moving at a fairly rapid rate, the clouds in the background also seem to be shifting fairly quickly. More like someone tossing the saucer, running to pick it up, and then tossing it again while in the meantime the clouds have shifted. Also, two in one direction, and then two in another direction. I don't know what the actual chronological sequence of the photos were.

Here is just the saucer. Hub caps?

edit on 7-12-2017 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Bugs Bunny should've taken a left at Albuquerque because this is not Pismo beach, and this is not a UFO.

This is another Adamskian attempt trying to cash in on the "flying saucer" craze.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I think that's the Jupiter 2.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Yea well the OP pretty much was going for the theory it was fake. Some of you act like he posted this as proof of aliens. It was a fun trip down memory lane.

On another note, maybe these old frisbee saucers were not thrown by a person, but the same contraptions that launch clay disks for skeet shooting? Would probably get a better direction and increased height with those things.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Second gif it looks like it's on its return path. t does look like a Frisbee upside down.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   
They left out the sixth photo of a terrier catching the thing.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Looks like hubcaps from the period.
I think they were chasing a Gray?

Whatever it was it was deemed video worthy.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Nice work with the pics available. It does resemble a hub-cap, which I believe it is.
The good old days, when faking UFOs was so much simpler.

new topics

top topics

join