It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavy meat eater, lifelong hunter, thinking about going vegetarian.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DavidKip

Im the son of a butcher, trained and grew up working in a meat market. I dont eat more than a few grams of meat every few days.

I used to eat meat like a wild bear. Since I turned 30, all I crave is fruit, vegetables, and juices.

I only even eat the meat because everyone else does.

I have been eating more nuts and such. I can make it a full day of manual labor with only a half liter of coffee and a chocolate bar.

The body doesnt need much when its clean. Our digestive system is over 90% efficient when we arent messing it up.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I have Crohn's Disease and Colitis, my dietician and nutritionist has told me that vegetables are my enemy. I can eat carrots and green beans with safety. Fruit-wise, I can eat bananas and tinned pears with safety. My prescribed diet is white bread, proteins and fats. My body cannot safely process husk and skins, certain spices and fibres. Anything that bulks up in my colon will make me ill.

I am 57, have a very physical job, go to the gym three times a week and at 5' 8" [not tall] I weigh an extremely constant 68 kilos. My diet has to be supplemented with protein and vitamin drinks and I need 3000 calories per day to maintain my balance.

As with anything, balance is key. Eat too much and you will put weight on. Lead a sedentary life as well and your weight gain will be the wrong kind. I have been told by my nutritionist that the body, by design, will find it's own way. In nature, if something tastes bad, then it's probably best avoided...I also believe the whole cholesterol hype is just a pile of rubbish in order to ply the populace with statins. My doctor put me on them and my body body rejected them, my joints filled with pain and aches, which ceased once the statins were dispensed with.

Everyone is different and diets should be tailored to suit one's self.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I've been toying with this idea for a week or so, but the only thing stopping me is the fact that supplements are the only way besides meat to get b12(?) , which is vital and therefore a reason to eat meat. It seems like meat should be apart of our diets. So, I'm stuck on the fence.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I am a vegetarian of 25 years, half my life.

I'll digest the posts already made, and get back to the forum tomorrow. (pun intended)

All I can at the moment is that the vegetarianism was not forced, it was easy. I don't "miss meat".

It's one of the highest functioning things and the simplest at the same time. I am proud of it.

Am I a "soyboy" lol, at 5'11" over 100 kilos, no. I am just about the smartest, toughest and most ethically grounded people I know.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChildOfLoki
I've been toying with this idea for a week or so, but the only thing stopping me is the fact that supplements are the only way besides meat to get b12(?) , which is vital and therefore a reason to eat meat. It seems like meat should be apart of our diets. So, I'm stuck on the fence.

You can get B12 from dairy and eggs. I don't eat those or meat so I get mine from fortified foods like bread, cereal, marmite and nutritional yeast. The majority of synthesised B12 is used for injecting livestock anyway, they are less likely get what they need naturally from the soil in modern conditions, so I have no problem with taking it directly it it means I don't have to harm animals.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join