It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavy meat eater, lifelong hunter, thinking about going vegetarian.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DavidKip

If you do , you Will Reduce your Life Expectancy by 5 Years . Our Ancient Ancestors Avoided Extinction by Learning to Fuel their Bodies with Animal Proteins that Sustain them on Body Fat during Lean Times . Think about it , what did Vegetarians back in the Day Eat during the Winter Months to Survive ? .......Hmm......

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

My youngest daughter had a vege kick. Amazingly, some of the newer methods taste awesome. I still will incorporate it into my cooking to add balance. Personally, I found, I still need real meat to keep a natural balance.

As I get older, my body changes in how it processes food. Beef has become more limited and yes, even pork...bacon...ahhh...but poultry still is there. Ducks dark meat taste like lamb and my body appreciates it.

Honestly, I processed four ducks this past year, cooked up 2 for thanksgiving and the 2 that were molting and was forced to skin, will be bacon-wrapped for Christmas dinner. They live an awesome life! All free ranging, though they destroyed my pond. Ate all my goldfish, destroyed all lilies and border flowers, plus their filthy sh*t EVERYWHERE made it easy to process them in the end.

My chickens are still alive and well for now...laying eggs and producing and a heck of lot more useful. They knocked out the ticks from the pine area which my cat, dog, grand kids, and I are quite thankful. Definitely, getting more chickens next spring.

Honestly, it will be harder to process them eventually, but if it is a necessity...I will not waste them. Yes, I scare my husband. I even told him that in an extreme ultra shtf scenario...he will be delicious, guaranteed!

Back on topic...try it out! Don't feel bad if you decide that you desire meat...just find your own balance. Psychology can effect your physical healthy balance...remember you are who you are...you are not an Alien. Everyone individually has their purpose and necessary dietary needs. Don't ignore that physical reality, but embrace it. No guilt necessary. Good luck on your adventure.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Sooner or later we'll have to face the unethical treatment of animals in factory farms.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I have tried to buy chickens that got to live a few years and were treated right while they lived, but that isn't easy, chickens only live a short time because they grow to fast for their hearts.

I raise chickens for meat and eggs. The 'Frankenchickens' (Cornish cross) go from egg to freezer in 6-8 weeks. They outgrow their legs, not their heart. All they do is eat and crap. They are the best for meat.

They die within six months most times. Stewing chickens make the best soups, they are made from old chickens.

Hens for eggs? They can and do last YEARS if taken care of properly. I've had them live to 12 and 13. That being said? When they stop laying? Yes, they do make the best soup/stew/broth.

Giving up meat? You might want to try but the if I did? The first time someone passed a nice juicy crisp piece of bacon in front of my face? I'm right back to meat baby!

Merry Christmas RickyMouse!

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

This is True , Animals Deserve Respect , and Thanks for Giving Up Their Lives so that Man can Survive . Breeding them in Cages is a Grievous Unnatural Act . The Chance of Survival Must be Offered them in the Hunt , and in Honoring Our Creators Gift of their Nourishment .
edit on 7-12-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

That is my biggest conflict with eating meat, also to some degree I share the thought's/conflict of the OP.
I believe animals have feeling/emotions simular to us on some level.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The way that most food is grown/raised anymore, there won't be anything that is safe soon!

We used to buy our beef from a local organic farmer. Free range, grass fed. It has a completely different smell & taste to it. Hubby & I either didn't mind it, or got used to it. None of our grown kids liked it. As it aged it lost some of the stronger taste though. But after we were there & saw the cows & calves & some of them came up to the split rail fence around the house, I had second thoughts. The meat in the store will be there whether I buy it or not. But the meat we ordered from the farm, died because we ordered it! I had a hard time with that!

Ordered a free range turkey from them for Thanksgiving once. Never thought to ask the price. We usually get a 20 something pound one.
Theirs was smaller & was $40! It was delicious & made the best gravy ever! The kind I remember from my childhood. Browned picture perfect. No grease/oil at all in the drippings. And great flavor. Made great soup too. But more than double the price of a store bought one. If it was just hubby & I, I would buy it again. But when we're cooking for 23 people it wasn't big enough. Thought about getting two, but $80?! Couldn't justify that! And if somebody would have wasted even a tiny bit, I would have freaked out!

We only do free range organic eggs. I'm mildly allergic to eggs, but can tolerate those for some reason. Probably has something to do with what they eat too.

We love venison. We don't hunt ourselves, but family members do. Never had a problem with hunting deer. If it's a clean kill. Their numbers have to be kept in check. But I could never eat a rabbit or squirrel. They are so small it really isn't worth them giving up their life for the little bit of meat that's on them. Maybe if I was starving...
But here in PA, Chronic Wasting Disease has shown up! It's only in a few areas as far as they know. But it's probably only a matter of time. Will be afraid to eat that soon!

You can almost tell which fruit is GMO too. It spoils before it even ripens! Son-in-law would tease me about the'compost piled on the counter! I would buy a papaya or melon, pick the ones that were the least green. Put them on the counter, turn them every day. Sure enough, they would go from hard & green to a little less green, with soft rotten divots on them! Our kids don't even know what real fruit should taste like!

The stores around here have very little organic fruit or vegetables. We buy from the local farmers market. But they only have that three months out if the year.

You have to be afraid to eat seafood anymore too. It's either raised in filthy fish farms or living in the polluted ocean. And frozen fillets are processed with formaldehyde. Soon, the only safe, affordable food, will be what you raise yourself!

I don't think I could go completely vegan. Every so often I will get a craving for a really good steak. But then, I get a craving for green pea soup a lot more often than steak! Go figure! Lol!

WOQ
edit on 7-12-2017 by wasobservingquietly because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

All the research is in, any more than ten per cent of the diet , with animal protein will cause various illness . The more in the diet the worse the coronary and circulation issues become. Meat must have been the Paleo candy, the body cant take to much. probably as we got more intelligent we could kill more, but the body wasn't designed to be too carnivorous.We haven't got massive canine teeth.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Sooner or later we'll have to face the unethical treatment of animals in factory farms.

Or you could just harvest your own and understand the process.

And those that choose to continue eating meat knowing the process can be free of this BS agenda to demonize us.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

All the research is in, any more than ten per cent of the diet , with animal protein will cause various illness . The more in the diet the worse the coronary and circulation issues become. Meat must have been the Paleo candy, the body cant take to much. probably as we got more intelligent we could kill more, but the body wasn't designed to be too carnivorous.We haven't got massive canine teeth.

Wrong, and the whole cholesterol thing is a farse too

You apparently arent looking at newer studies, eggs, fat proteins, and fat are actually good for you. But like anything else it needs to be in moderation.

Meet was not the Paleo candy, it was a staple, the body CAN and DOES take massive amounts of protein as long as its balanced with a mild amount of carbohydrates and lots of fats.

I have a friend thats a nutritionist and a natural bodybuilding nutritionist at that.

Your info is outdated and way off.

We haven't got massive canine teeth.

LOL thats because were omnivorous!!!! Meaning meant to eat both meat and plant material, just because not all teeth are sharp doesnt meant we areant meant to eat meat. WE DO have canines

You call the bs youre spewing science? Christ no wonder the world is falling down a hole
edit on 7-12-2017 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
What gets me is people actually call us "meat eating" omnivores, science deniers lol

And then they that oppose any meat consumption deny ALL SCIENCE and biology that says "yeah were suppose to eat meat too"

Have some more fluoride with your Tofu
edit on 7-12-2017 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

You just keep eating your meat then.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I think a good balance is best, and you don’t really need much meat.

I tried veg but didn’t feel to good after a while, and milk and eggs don’t cut it.

Most might not agree but starches should be the largest portion like - rice, yucca, potatoe, green banana, plantain or something like that. Next vegetables, fruit and meat can be the smallest portion. I think it feels the best, and when you eat too much meat it doesn’t feel too good.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Well gosh diddly dog on it, I'm sold. from now on I'm only eating Jack in the Box tacos. It's a soy product.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

I thought they were made of Rabbit sh#t and twigs

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Some people cannot survive on just veggies.

That has to be a pretty small number of people.

If people all ate veggies, we would have to clearcut the earth to supply us with food

You get more food per acre growing plants than having cattle.

What we need to do is start eating insects.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I live in an area where wild hogs are a problem.
Grandmother taught me to not kill a thing unless you are going to eat it.
I had pork-chops for dinner.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

If you do , you Will Reduce your Life Expectancy by 5 Years . Our Ancient Ancestors Avoided Extinction by Learning to Fuel their Bodies with Animal Proteins that Sustain them on Body Fat during Lean Times . Think about it , what did Vegetarians back in the Day Eat during the Winter Months to Survive ? .......Hmm......

Why do you say it will reduce life expectancy? All evidence I have read is to the contrary. We don't really need to stock up for survival in lean times any more now we live in times of agricultural abundance though do we? And BTW I am vegan and have plenty of body fat, wish it wasn't so, but I'll be alright in a famine

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Vegetarianism! go for it!
but dont just stop eating mean.you can get sick.
just eat a little meat each day.
then each 3 day untill you only have a little once a week.

this way you will not just give up!
eat lots of nuts and other food with protean.
I never could totaly give up meat.
you just do your best.
good luck.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Some people cannot survive on just veggies.

That has to be a pretty small number of people.

If people all ate veggies, we would have to clearcut the earth to supply us with food

You get more food per acre growing plants than having cattle.

What we need to do is start eating insects.

About maybe twenty percent of the population of the world cannot be vegetarian. There are how many people in the world presently? That is not a small number, These people can eat veggies to a certain extent, but have problems making enzymes needed to utilize all the nutrients and convert them to what we need. The majority of metabolic intolerances are to veggies and grains, not meats..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join