It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypocrisy on democrats on government shutdown.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Remember when dmeocrats and the media and everyone freaked out over how evil the republicans would be if the didnt increase the debt ceiling, and how countless of people would be hurt and the republicans would be responsible?

Now we have this.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said Thursday that House Democrats will not support a bill to keep the government open for two more week when it comes to the floor on Thursday, citing the lack of Democratic priorities in the bill.

"No," Pelosi said during her weekly press conference when asked if Democrats can support the bill. She pointed to a poster showing Democratic priorities, and noted that none of those are included in a two-week continuing resolution Republicans hope to pass today.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

So I assume we will see all of the media making these claims about republicans in the past now make them about the dmeocrats.

I wont hold my breath.
edit on 7-12-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Government shutdown is bogus too.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Government shutdown is bogus too.

Oh I know. I dont think the democrats now are evil for this position, its just politics.

The point I am making is that many in the media and elsewhere went ballistic over the fact that in the past the republicans were claiming they were not going to sign an extension.

Now Pelosi and some of the same dems are doing the very thing they claimed would ruin peoples lives, not signing a bill to avoid the government to shutting down.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The gop was evil for wanting some republican priorities.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Remember when dmeocrats and the media and everyone freaked out over how evil the republicans would be if the didnt increase the debt ceiling, and how countless of people would be hurt and the republicans would be responsible?

Now we have this.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said Thursday that House Democrats will not support a bill to keep the government open for two more week when it comes to the floor on Thursday, citing the lack of Democratic priorities in the bill.

"No," Pelosi said during her weekly press conference when asked if Democrats can support the bill. She pointed to a poster showing Democratic priorities, and noted that none of those are included in a two-week continuing resolution Republicans hope to pass today.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

So I assume we will see all of the media making these claims about republicans in the past now make them about the dmeocrats.

I wont hold my breath.

Media will spin as the GOP's fault regardless... When the GOP was in the minority, it was their fault. When the GOP is in the majority, it is still their fault.

Personally, I think the GOP should troll the Democrats hard and actually put for a Democrat policy just to see how they respond.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Yep exactly.

When the republicans wanted priorities and didnt want to fund the budget extension, the republicans were evil and were going to cause deaths and despair because they wanted the government to shut down.

When the democrats want priorities and dont want to fund the extension.....

The REPUBLICANS are still evil and will cause deaths.

Gotta love it.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Pelosi is a tool, it doesn't surprise me that she'd do something so hypocritical. Now watch the left defend her after attacking republicans for doing the same thing. Then watch the right flip flop on the issue as well, both parties will end up switching positions like always.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Republicans have the majority. They can just ignore the Democrats.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Pelosi is a tool, it doesn't surprise me that she'd do something so hypocritical. Now watch the left defend her after attacking republicans for doing the same thing. Then watch the right flip flop on the issue as well, both parties will end up switching positions like always.

If someone on the right (and no doubt there will be some) says that by Pelosi doing this she is evil and will cause deaths etc. like the dems did, they are a scumbag hypocrite too.

I am in total agreement on that.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Sounds like a deflection to me. If it were the opposite scenario would you brush it off just as easily? I doubt it.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Republicans have the majority. They can just ignore the Democrats.

Sure, that has nothing to do with the Democrat and media hypocrisy on this issue.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Get ready to call a lot of people scumbag hypocrites then because it's coming.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Yep exactly.

When the republicans wanted priorities and didnt want to fund the budget extension, the republicans were evil and were going to cause deaths and despair because they wanted the government to shut down.

When the democrats want priorities and dont want to fund the extension.....

The REPUBLICANS are still evil and will cause deaths.

Gotta love it.

do you have any idea what the "debt ceiling" is all about? you sound ignorant to the consequences IF it is not raised.
edit on 7-12-2017 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Just a refresher for those who forgot....

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Get ready to call a lot of people scumbag hypocrites then because it's coming.

Oh I will be ready.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1 I don't see how that was a deflection. It is the truth. Pelosi is a snake, we all are very aware of that. But that fact remains in that the GOP can pass it no matter what. So if the shutdown happens who is to blame???

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

So what does this say about both parties? Dude, you're trying to justify the same dirty politics your own party has engaged in! When is everyone going to wake-up and smell the coffee! Both parties use political scare tactics. Both parties are corrupt as hell, and especially now more than ever, conservatives certainly have no place to talk about morality and party integrity! Two wrongs sure don't make a right. Until voters shed their party labels and demand accountability from our representatives on both sides, we will continue to have our representative manipulating the system and the voting public.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Oh no, a hypocritical politician? I got news for you, they're all hypocrites. Even your guys.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Republicans would have to pass the bill themselves if Democrats refuse to help, but they should have enough votes to do so even if some conservatives decide to vote against it.

As is the case with most government business, Pelosi and the Democrats lack the numbers or the power to impact this in any way. They're simply not needed anymore to keep the government performing as the American people expect it to.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

In fairness, the GOP had the power and ability to actually shutdown the government when that meme was created. The Dems in 2017 do not. We're seeing a Chihuahua barking like they're a meaningfully sized dog.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join