It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tidalgate: Climate Alarmists Caught Faking Sea Level Rise

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

A link to a falsehood does not make the falsehood less false.

It's a link to a depository of published papers. You'd think that they would understand the process.
www.publishingcampus.elsevier.com...

edit on 12/7/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Edumakated

Tell yourself whatever you want. I just don't believe a word Breitbart says in regards to science. if you want to disprove something with science, use a scientific journal.

Brietbart... 2+2 = 4. Krazyshot... "I simply can't trust a source like Breitbart making claims that 2 + 2 = 4."

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: network dude
Dwarka?
nileshoak.wordpress.com...

I guess when the northern hemisphere was filled with glaciers, they #ing evaporated instead of melted.
No. That raised sea level quite rapidly.
But when the melt slowed and stopped, so did rising sea levels. Sea levels have not been rising at a pretty steady pace for about 11,000 years. And not much at all over the past 4,000.

I don't doubt you think you are correct, but I will continue to listen to those in the science field who's job it is to study things like I mentioned, as they seem to have quite a few years in this VERY SPECIFIC field of study. Whereas you, seem to be versed in all things, like a jack of all trades.

judithcurry.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

blog.ucsusa.org...

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

One would think.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude
Judith Curry essay is detailed but does not seem to be saying that sea levels have been rising at a pretty steady pace for about 11,000 years. Did you read it? It's about anecdotal evidence of fluctuations in sea levels.

Your wikipedia link displays the same data that I did (though in a larger scale), showing that sea levels have not been rising at a pretty steady pace for about 11,000 years.

Your third link does not indicate that sea levels have been rising at a pretty steady pace for about 11,000 years. But it does say this:

Sea levels are rising so fast along the U.S. East and Gulf coasts that some places have seen a greater increase in the last 50 years than the global average over the past 130 years. (Examples include Atlantic City, NJ; Norfolk, VA; and Galveston, TX.)

blog.ucsusa.org...

You might want to be more careful to make sure what you link actually supports your position.

edit on 12/7/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

No surprise here. If they weren't lying, they' have nothing to report, nothing with which to alarm folks, etc. Yet another in a long string of lies from the CC/GW crowd.

If sea levels were rising as they claim, we'd be in Waterworld already.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Not really, no.
Apparently you don't know what the rate of rise is.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

The sea level here hasn't changed. The original cobblestone roads are still there, under the pavement. Hell, some of them were never paved over.

So how would you explain a rise in florida but not a rise in Maine, just 1500 miles away?
Has it occurred to anyone that florida might be sinking?
Perhaps the whole state is just over one big sink-hole.

Florida is vulnerable to erosion in it's many underground cavern systems anyway, especially at times there storm seas and surges. In the long term, along the southern coast lines there are the effects of post glacial rebound, and more to the east coast I would say a possible tipping down of the sea coast. I can't rise any PDF's at this time, and it's a very complex thing, much more than just tipping up of land in the north and dipping of land in the south.

But here's a very simple map of the UK shown in easy terms, the post Glacial bounce rising and tipping effects,

It's a tricky thing, you will see articles about the Gulf of Mexico will have sea rising because of Global warming, that don't mention any possible PGB effect, that's a bit of a bind when PGB is measured in cm per year over thousands of years, and an estimated another 10,000 years before 'equilibrium' is complete.

However in the UK PGB is very marked with most of England, and a large part of the southwest of Ireland tipping downward.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

When I was a kid in Michigan, Lake Michigan water level Rose 6in for a few years. The ensuing erosion during storms , caused many homes to be destroyed.

If the water level of the oceans is truly Rising, the damage should be evident.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

originally posted by: jrod
Sea level rise accelerating in Florida

Sea levels are rising. It is shameful that so many choose to ignore it or claim the data is fake!

Well, here's my problem.

Obviously, the sea levels are rising relative to florida. There's plenty of evidence to show that.

However, I'm standing in a town right now that has had multi-story buildings on the water front since the 1800's.
en.wikipedia.org...

The sea level here hasn't changed. The original cobblestone roads are still there, under the pavement. Hell, some of them were never paved over.

So how would you explain a rise in florida but not a rise in Maine, just 1500 miles away?
Has it occurred to anyone that florida might be sinking?
Perhaps the whole state is just over one big sink-hole.

Many places around the globe are in fact sinking. Venice, Italy for example. In most of these places, it is believed to be a result of the ground subsiding due to people pumping out ground water. In Venice's case, it's probably just because they built a crap-ton of heavy stone buildings on a couple of small swampy islands. This is probably also the reason why New Orleans is actually below sea level by about 6 feet.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Just because land is sinking in some areas does not mean the sea level is not rising.

The observations show sea level rise.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Looks real to me.

All i see is a very small part of the normal Milankovitch cycle that earth has gone through for millions of years.
en.wikipedia.org...

The global warmers saw this peak of this Milankovitch cycle coming and are using it to claim MAN MADE global warming is real.
when this Milankovitch cycle ends and the temps start dropping they will then try to make it man made global cooling.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Looks real to me.

All i see is a very small part of the normal Milankovitch cycle that earth has gone through for millions of years.
en.wikipedia.org...

Did you compute this?

The global warmers saw this peak of this Milankovitch cycle coming and are using it to claim MAN MADE global warming is real.
when this Milankovitch cycle ends and the temps start dropping they will then try to make it man made global cooling.

Step back a minute. Do you believe that all the scientists, the ones who do this for a living after 5 years of graduate study and 4-5 of postdoc, and have been publishing papers and reviewed other papers, for many decades, just "forgot" about the Milankovitch cycle and "forgot" to include it in the climate model, but you--alone--figured it out that's what's happening now, from eyeballing a graph?

The Milankovitch cycle is computable and known. The peak was about 8000-6000BC, and corresponds to the "Holocene Maximum". There was slight cooling from then until very recently, when human emissions of formerly fossilized elements contributed to an increase in greenhouse warming.
By the way, the influence of the orbital parameters is somewhat subtle, it isn't about net insolation in total as much as the distribution and strength of seasonality, in particular forcing over upper northern hemisphere summer which interacts with ice dynamics & albedo amplification and the ocean flows.

www.realclimate.org...

Some greenhouse emissions, perhaps worth 0.5C, was a good thing for humanity, if emitted over a couple of thousands of years, it would counteract cooling influences from astronomical changes. But we went far bigger and faster and that's a problem.

edit on 10-12-2017 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Not really, no.
Apparently you don't know what the rate of rise is.

Apparently, neither do those faking the reports.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   

The rate is not rapid enough to cover the majority of land on the planet anytime soon. Actually, there is not enough water to do so. So no Waterworld.

The reports are not faked. The pair who managed to get their paper published are frauds.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 12/13/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

The rate is not rapid enough to cover the majority of land on the planet anytime soon. Actually, there is not enough water to do so. So no Waterworld.

The reports are not faked. The pair who managed to get their paper published are frauds.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well, duh? Tell the alarmists; sensible people already knew this. They promoted faked data, making their reports, ph yeah, fake. Fake, fraud; same thing. Typical for the GW/CC crowd.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Did you read the OP?
The two guys who wrote the paper featured in it are frauds.

edit on 12/13/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
And what about the thousands of other scientific articles and research papers that show that there is man made global warming? Why don't we ever discuss those on ATS? LOL

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join