It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tidalgate: Climate Alarmists Caught Faking Sea Level Rise

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Looks like another study to muddy the water.

The study claims that raw data has been tampered with to show sea level rise when there is none.

Alarmist scientists have been caught red-handed tampering with raw data in order to exaggerate sea level rise.

The raw (unadjusted) data from three Indian Ocean gauges – Aden, Karachi and Mumbai – showed that local sea level trends in the last 140 years had been very gently rising, neutral or negative (ie sea levels had fallen).

But after the evidence had been adjusted by tidal records gatekeepers at the global databank Permanent Service for Mean Sea Level (PSMSL) it suddenly showed a sharp and dramatic rise.
www.breitbart.com...

A tag team of Aussies scientists wrote the study. And they say data adjusters make it appear that stable sea levels are rising when they are not.

The whistle was blown by two Australian scientists Dr. Albert Parker and Dr. Clifford Ollier in a paper for Earth Systems and Environment.The adjusters take misaligned and incomplete seal level data from tidal gauges that are not showing a rise or even a falling level and arbitrarily assign a level (higher).

The paper – Is the Sea Level Stable at Aden, Yemen? – examines the discrepancies between raw and adjusted sea level data in Aden, Karachi and Mumbai.

The authors expose how PSMSL data-adjusters make it appear that stable sea levels can be rendered to look like they are nonetheless rising at an accelerated pace.

The data-adjusters take misaligned and incomplete sea level data from tide gauges that show no sea level rise (or even a falling trend). Then, they subjectively and arbitrarily cobble them together, or realign them. In each case assessed, PSMSL data-adjusters lower the earlier misaligned rates and raise the more recent measurements. By doing so, they concoct a new linearly-rising trend.

Any adjustments made to the levels were made to make a sharp increase in levels. In truth, according to the scientists, sea levels are stable.

What is wrong is the way that the scientists at PSMSL have adjusted them. In every case, they have revised them in order to make them produce a sharp upward trend in sea level rise – despite the fact that global records do not support this.

The truth, Parker and Ollier conclude in their paper, is that sea level has changed very little in the three sites examined:

The reconstructed tide gauge records of Aden, Mumbai and Karachi are perfectly consistent with multiple lines of evidence from other key sites of the Indian Ocean including Qatar, Maldives, Bangladesh and Visakhapatnam. The sea levels have been stable since the start of the twentieth century in Aden similar to Karachi and Mumbai.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Check your source. Breitbart is notorious for pushing fake news.

I live in Key West, this past full moon caused street flooding. This did not happen 20 years ago.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Seal levels are slowly rising according to NASA. The rise is slow and steady about 2 to 3 mm per year. This is not as alarming as some people are making it.

But then who believes the data?

Chicken Little says otherwise.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

I live in Key West, this past full moon caused street flooding. This did not happen 20 years ago.

Did you check if Maybe the full moon was conjoined with hi tide?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

wasn't that when the moon was at its closest to the Earth. I would expect the biggest tide possible.

The Supermoon on November 14, 2016, was the closest a Full Moon has been to Earth since January 26, 1948. The next time a Full Moon is even closer to Earth will be on November 25, 2034 (dates based on UTC time). Wrong year but Super moon happens same time each year here is this year's link
Forbes
edit on 7-12-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

King tide and powerful supermoon likely to trigger flooding across South Florida

Read more here: www.miamiherald.com...=cpy
www.miamiherald.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You have no clue how tides work do you?

As a surfer and sailor I have to depend on tides for good surf conditions and favorable currents.

This happens every full and new moon between October and now in Key West. It is also a problem in south Florida. We are experiencing coastal flooding soley as a result of spring tides(that is tides associated with a new or full moon).

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

This happens every fall. It is not the result of a super moon alone. It will happen again in a few weeks eith the next new moon.

Also note the date of your article....last month. We just had another flood a few days ago.
edit on 7-12-2017 by jrod because: Add

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Sea level rise accelerating in Florida

Sea levels are rising. It is shameful that so many choose to ignore it or claim the data is fake!

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

This happens every full and new moon between October and now in Key West. It is also a problem in south Florida.

So then it wasn't unusual, was it...

Your claim of higher than normal flooding 'related to sea level rise' is disinformation.

Maybe there was a storm too?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Sea levels are rising. It is shameful that so many choose to ignore it or claim the data is fake!

We just showed you why this last full moon tide was higher than normal?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Here's my issue. Am I to believe NASA or Brietbart? Since I know that brietbart caters to the fossil fuel industry and are "reporters and bloggers" and NASA is actually full of real scientists. I'm going to have to go with NASA. LOL

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

It is unusual because it did not happen 20 years ago. It happens every fall.

It happened throughout October so your super moon explaination is not the sole cause.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Breitbart????.......why not use the daffy duck news source, it's more reliable

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Well, here's my problem.

Obviously, the sea levels are rising relative to florida. There's plenty of evidence to show that.

However, I'm standing in a town right now that has had multi-story buildings on the water front since the 1800's.
en.wikipedia.org...

The sea level here hasn't changed. The original cobblestone roads are still there, under the pavement. Hell, some of them were never paved over.

So how would you explain a rise in florida but not a rise in Maine, just 1500 miles away?
Has it occurred to anyone that florida might be sinking?
Perhaps the whole state is just over one big sink-hole.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Not sure is FL is sinking but NA is still bouncing up from the crushing weight of the last glaciers.

Link

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Looks real to me.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

It is unusual because it did not happen 20 years ago. It happens every fall.

It happened throughout October so your super moon explanation is not the sole cause.

I didn't mention 'super moon', but since you did, the moon isn't that much closer, hasn't a significant effect on tides, relatively speaking.

A simultaneous storm might add to flood runoff, so could ground settling, over time.

"Worse flooding than twenty years ago" in you opinion isn't a case to make posts abut sea level rise, though.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

The point of the study was garbage in garbage out.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Actually "king tides" happen once or twice a year and this one was amplified because it was a supermoon.

Supermoon elevates flooding risk

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join