It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Franken announces resignation

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

you kinda really didnt understand a damn word i said did you?

Read it again, then do it a 3rd time

And if youre still feeling slighted than maybe youre too far gone to get it, because i had actually agreed with you.......honestly knock your safetey mechanism off long enough to understand

Thats sad

Damn proof of how divided we are
edit on 8-12-2017 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Well it sure seems like you have a high tolerance threshold when it comes to inappropriate sexual behavior. I don't know if you have a daughter, but if she was subject to sexual harassment on the job or was molested in her teens, I'm sure you wouldn't be trying to find excuses to justify the perpetrator's actions. Nobody would be questioning numerous accusers/witnesses if this was a 30 or 40 year-old murder. When there are accusers whose statements are backed-up by friends and family, they have to be given credibility. I'm sure you didn't defend Weinstein and Bill Cosby amid their multiple accusers.

Not a crime???...

Abusers that commit molestation in which a victim is not touched but still violated, they may face a maximum sentence of up to eighteen years in jail. This includes nudity, inappropriate actions, and alike. This type of offense also carries stipulations based on age.

If the victim is in the age range of 0-16, the consequences are surprisingly lower. If the offense is violent however, the consequences are higher. In the case of a sex crime in which a victim is threatened and sexual intercourse was attempted against them, the consequences can result in a lifetime prison sentence.

When abusers are repeat offenders the consequences are a lot harsher. Often when a sex crime has occurred more than once the consequences are lifetime prison sentences. Many times this happens because the culprits are given the chance to integrate into society.

Sex Crime Laws

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Well first it is not pedophilia, second there is no charge, third I don't even think these accusations are crimes. If true, we still need something, or does 30 to 40 year old accusations enough?

This is something that most liberals are willfully ignoring for political purposes. Having the hots for a high-school age girl is not pedophilia.
edit on 8-12-2017 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
One of the only democrat politicians I liked...
Just more reason for my animosity towards these perverts.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Well first it is not pedophilia, second there is no charge, third I don't even think these accusations are crimes. If true, we still need something, or does 30 to 40 year old accusations enough?

This is something that most liberals are willfully ignoring for political purposes. Having the hots for a high-school age girl is not pedophilia.

Actually, attraction to a teen can be. Pedophilia is the "umbrella" word - - and applies if child is under age of legal consent. Wasn't one of Roy Moore's accusers 14? (Note: was it a law at that time?).

Ephebophilia is the primary sexual interest in mid-to-late adolescents, generally ages 15 to 19. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: SailorJerry

you kinda really didnt understand a damn word i said did you?

Read it again, then do it a 3rd time

And if youre still feeling slighted than maybe youre too far gone to get it, because i had actually agreed with you.......honestly knock your safetey mechanism off long enough to understand

Thats sad

It was an honest question... what do we do? I don't know the answer when we have situations of people saying XX did lawful XX things XX years ago while maybe it wasn't appropriate.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Well it sure seems like you have a high tolerance threshold when it comes to inappropriate sexual behavior. I don't know if you have a daughter, but if she was subject to sexual harassment on the job or was molested in her teens, I'm sure you wouldn't be trying to find excuses to justify the perpetrator's actions.

I think you are confusing illegal actions with actions that are legal but may or may not be appropriate. My point is many of these cases are not illegal acts in themselves, but appear inappropriate behavior for the situation. Sexual harassment is never appropriate, but should be dealt with first at the lowest level to correct. When that doesn't work then that is where it gets on the level of losing one's job etc...

Nobody would be questioning numerous accusers/witnesses if this was a 30 or 40 year-old murder. When there are accusers whose statements are backed-up by friends and family, they have to be given credibility. I'm sure you didn't defend Weinstein and Bill Cosby amid their multiple accusers.

I'm not defending, I'm trying to see a reasonable application here. Since the age of consent for his state is 16 then he could have had a sexual relationship with 16+ back then and be perfectly legal, but maybe not seem appropriate. The part I'm on the fence about is the one woman that said he chased her around at 14. In this case it doesn't matter whether he knew her age or not, it would have been illegal in any form if ANY type of sexual encounter happened.

Now here is the issue... It has been 40+ years, there is nothing supporting her claims even though he has had like 7 other promotions up through the legal/political ranks. She said she dated him 2 times as in she got in his car and they went somewhere. She didn't have a sexual relationship with him, though anything sexual would be illegal for her age.

So here we are...was it real....is it a political attack....is it a money thing.... I don't know, and I do not think there is anyway to prove or disprove any of it.

edit on 8-12-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join