It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Franken announces resignation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: dfnj2015
How if we can just get rid of Republican pedophiles from the Senate.

Why does political party have any bearing in dealing with predators?

Of course, it has no bearing. Unless you're a brainless political partisan tool. Then you have to see everything through the lens of partisanship.

It's getting awfully old. I'm certainly no great mind of the 21st century, but I'm getting pretty irritated by everyone seemingly going out of their way to make me look like some sort of genius, when all I do is simply use a little common sense and critical thought.
edit on 7-12-2017 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: intrepid

How if we can just get rid of Republican pedophiles from the Senate.

Why does political party have any bearing in dealing with predators?

Of course, it has no bearing. Unless you're a brainless political partisan tool. Then you have to see everything through the lens of partisanship.

It's getting awfully old. I'm certainly no great mind of the 21st century, but I'm getting pretty irritated by everyone seemingly going out of their way to make me look like some sort of genius, when all I do is simply use a little common sense and critical thought.

Well your name exudes logic.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
Well, finally the washed out comedian says something I can laugh about

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

At least he's not a pedophile. That would be really bad.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

You prefer your predators to go after adults? Nice. @@

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Republicans nearly always get the sticky end of the wicket. In 2008, Al Franken, the Democratic candidate for the U.S. Senate in Minnesota, trailed his Republican opponent by 215 votes out of 2.9 million cast. After working a protracted recount and a legal battle over disputed absentee ballots and ballots said to be counted twice, he was abruptly declared the “winner” by 312 votes. A box of Democratic ballots helpfully turned up in the trunk of a car.

www.washingtontimes.com...

I recall something similar happened in Florida in 2000. An election worker in Broward County (heavily Democratic) very conveniently found a box of ballots in the trunk of his car! And it just happened to be a presidential election which could be decided by a handful of votes! What are the odds, right?

Lots of Dems are still bitter about the Supreme Court stopping the recount ***, but I'm convinced they saw that election fraud was in progress and put the boot down on it.

*** Actually, Al Gore had already received a recount, per Florida election law, and still lost. He got a court to award him an extra recount that was not provided for in the law. This is the recount the Supreme Court halted.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Yea I don't give different degrees of "bad" to sexual predators. They're all scumbags.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Varying degrees of nastiness don't exist where sexual predators are concerned.

Franken is a nasty piece of work. His only regret is that this came to light...and the cockroach that he is, he's scurrying out of the light as quickly as may be.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Nope, sorry. There is a degree of separation. It is generally accepted by all of society that those who harm children are significantly worse than those who target adults.

Thats why the first few pages of discussion on attacks on children are typically filled with the demented fantasies of torture and how excruciatingly long they can make them agonize and writhe in suffering.

I pretty much never see the same come from discussion involving attacks on adults of the same nature. I mean please, you know damn well the child predators get a little bit extra roughing up from the badges more often than the adult predators do.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

"I am leaving while a man who has bragged on tape about his history of sexual assault sits in the Oval Office and a man who repeatedly preyed on young girls campaigns for the Senate with the full support of his party

-Franken

Funny how that works.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

"I am leaving while a man who has bragged on tape about his history of sexual assault sits in the Oval Office and a man who repeatedly preyed on young girls campaigns for the Senate with the full support of his party

-Franken

Funny how that works.

He couldn't just quietly fade away huh. Good riddance. Well people seem to lose it left and right. I read a tweet yesterday where Chelsea Handler blamed Trump for the fire that forced her to evacuate her mansion. Delusional doesn't even come close to describe these people.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Nope, sorry.

No need to be sorry, chum. I'm allowed to have my own opinion about things and if you disagree with it that's fine, you don't have to apologize for it.

It is generally accepted by all of society that those who harm children are significantly worse than those who target adults.

Evidently not, since we have at least a few people in this thread that seem to consider sexual predators the same. But hey, the good news is that I put a guy pounding his pud in a public park hoping somebody sees him on the same level as a guy who roofies his date and rapes her: they're both scumbags.

It's an emotional response to the crime, and I understand it. Lots of folks take it more personally when there's a child involved. I don't. A rapist is a rapist is a rapist.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

So he deflected from his own actions and shifted the blame on someone else. Sorry, Al, you pay for your own sins.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Good. At least he resigned. Roy Moore should be next, then Trump and anyone else left or right that has been a creep. Now we're actually draining the swamp. If we could just get all the bankers and lawyers out of government we'd be in good shape.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: xuenchen Care to show some evidence of that? I have heard this before but no proof of this has ever come up. Also if you guys think Al going down was it, the damn just broke. I am glad he made his decision. And I hope to see him back to what he does best.

It sounds to me he wants to clear his name and come back.

Interesting how some interpret what they read.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I for one dislike old Al....A superior blowhard that never actually asks a question without a 5 min speech and when he finally gets to his question you say what the hell is his question about...

With that said, give me a break...one woman said he tried to kiss her, key word tried, another said he grab some flesh on her waist back in 2006...

I think much of this takes away from the seriousness of sexual harassment, and at some point we need to say OK so what to so many of these claims and not seek out to ruin a person over it.

edit on 7-12-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
So the guy didn't take responsibility for his actions. At least he resigned his position due to his accusations and pressure from his own party. You conservatives are such hypocrites. Where is your party's pressure to have Ray Moore and Donald Trump to resign their positions?

I find it ironic how conservative posters have always been declaring the democrats were going to destroy their own party. From the looks of things, the republican party sure looks like they're going to be well on their way of doing just that. If we substituted Roy Moore's name with Hillary Clinton, and Donald Trump's name with Bill Clinton or Barack Obama, I can guarantee conservatives would be taking the moral high ground and vehemently attacking these representatives and the democratic party! You all know you would!

In my entire life, I have never seen so much ignorance, divisiveness and blatant bias from voters and their party representatives. If we continue to ignore and make excuses for the wrongs of our elected officials, our country will not only lose its moral high ground but also the rule of law and our basic constitutional values.

It's a sad day in America, when we can't identify basic rights from wrongs.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
I for one dislike old Al....A superior blowhard that never actually asks a question without a 5 min speech and when he finally gets to his question you say what the hell is his question about...

With that said, give me a break...one woman said he tried to kiss her, key word tried, another said he grab some flesh on her waist back in 2006...

I think much of this takes away from the seriousness of sexual harassment, and at some point we need to say OK so what to so many of these claims and not seek out to ruin a person over it.

Occasionally we agree.

Interesting what Tom Arnold had to say about her.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I agree. When is the guy in the white house resigning again?

I'll settle for Franken's accuser's public humiliation and apology tour. We've got pictures of her grabbing a bass player and planting a tongue kiss on a very surprised and mortified soldier. No free pass for her, either.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Drain that swamp!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join