It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active shooter at Aztec, New Mexico high school

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego

Interestingly, the authorities felt the need to tamp down rumors of more shooters.

twitter.com...
Police say rumors of additional shooters, injuries and deaths are untrue.

Which might mean there were actually other events going on nearby.

It's funny how if "the authorities" don't say anything about reports of multiple shooters it means there's something going on, and if "the authorities" do say something about it that also means there's something going on.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
And here it is. The active shooter drill taking place recently near the site of today's shooting:

www.kob.com...
October 30, 2017 FARMINGTON, N.M. -- An active shooter emergency drill will take place at the San Juan College Farmington campus on this morning. It's a training exercise for the school and for the Farmington Police Department.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
Lots of shootings lately, should that problem be ignored or fixed? Should we make teachers undergo firearm training and have a mandatory, government-issued firearm? Other ideas?

I live in Australia and if they ever instituted a law here that required teachers to undergo firearm training and carry a gun - I would homeschool my kid instead.

Thankfully we don't have to deal with that sort of nonsense here.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

your country is going to be visited by the Duggars

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100

your country is going to be visited by the Duggars

I had to Google Duggars lol. I make a point of going out of my way not to watch most reality TV.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

sorry I went off topic..it's kind of ironic that michelle did that robo call during the election a few years ago to keep the transgenders out of the bathroom of their choice because they would molest our children..then it tuned out her oldest son sexually molested 4 of his younger sisters the youngest one being 5 at the time and a baby sitter...now they are going to Australia with the liberal bathroom laws you can use any public bathroom dressing room or shower you want...pretty hypocritical.

very sorry about this shooting today...many injured 3 dead haven't seen an update yet...oh there was a follow up 3 dead one of those was the shooter....and no one else was injured...not sure where the original report came from that said a bunch were injured
edit on 7-12-2017 by research100 because: added sentence

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The two deceased victims have been identified as Casey Marquez and Francisco Fernandez. RIP

edit on 8-12-2017 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Shooter ID'ed as William Atchison, 21. He had a 9mm Glock with multiple mags. Male victim was shot in restroom, female victim was shot while in hallway. Shooter allegedly shot himself. He attended the school at one time.

twitter.com...
"Disguised himself as a student to enter the school as the buses arrived. Planned to "hold a class hostage and go ape#," per note he wrote."

Police have already given up on finding a motive. But then, they never find a motive in these non-political mass shooting events.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The Governor has announced that the State will bear the costs of the funerals for the two victims. Hmmm...

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

www.dailymail.co.uk...

so FBI looked at him a year ago for his crazy posts about doing mass shootings on a gaming forum...the police cleared him at that time.....this could have been much worse the shooter went into the computer lab but the74 year old sub teacher had all the students shelter in place in the storage room and they barricaded the door....the shooter went back out to the hall and shot himself
edit on 8-12-2017 by research100 because: changed police to FBI

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

www.dailymail.co.uk...

so FBI looked at him a year ago for his crazy posts about doing mass shootings on a gaming forum...the police cleared him at that time.....this could have been much worse the shooter went into the computer lab but the74 year old sub teacher had all the students shelter in place in the storage room and they barricaded the door....the shooter went back out to the hall and shot himself

I agree this could have been much worse. The two killed are tragic, but it could've easily been in double digits. Thankfully this scum didn't seem to plan things out very well.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

www.dailymail.co.uk...

This teachers actions probably saved the lives of everyone in his class and he didn't even need a gun. A TRUE American hero. He deserves a medal (I usually.say that sarcastically bit in this instance It's true)...

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

The Governor has announced that the State will bear the costs of the funerals for the two victims. Hmmm...

Why? What makes them different from other murder victims?
This has happened at some other shootings though I can't remember which.
Government has no business paying for personal expenses on a whim.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

Why? What makes them different from other murder victims?
This has happened at some other shootings though I can't remember which.
Government has no business paying for personal expenses on a whim.

The only possible motivation I can think of is because it's a taxpayer funded public school and they failed to protect the kids. But that still makes no sense. I doubt these are the only murder victims who were killed in a taxpayer funded building or piece of land.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join