It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Al Franken make a statement regarding his political future

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CrawlingChaos

I think you are including harmless but inappropriate behavior with unacceptable behavior and by lumping it into the same pile as rape and sexual assault, you lessen the severity of actual crimes that cause actual damage....

As to your question, assuming that someone grabbing her butt or going for an unauthorized kiss is the worst offense she could face, absolutely.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I have to ask you... what do you think of Franks resignation over a discussion with women in his office about needing a surrogate mother?

Seems to me this is getting so far out of hand, we need to just make it illegal for a man to speak to a woman or to make any physical contact with a woman, even casual/accidental.

TheRedneck

That particular one bothers me due to the lack of details. Did they even tell him they were uncomfortable? Let's be honest, lots of people make off-colour jokes and comments at the office. Men and women. Some people are more comfortable with it than others. Usually all it takes is saying something. For example, when I was in basic about 80% of my Flight were from the South. A lot of them were pretty religious. Well I cursed a lot back then, including some JCs and GDs, every day. After about a week a bunch of them confronted me about the blasphemy and told me they found it very offensive. I apologized. It really wasn't my intention to offend anyone. I didn't even really think of those swears in terms of being offensive to anyone until they explained to me how they felt. I did my best to refrain from using them.

Nowadays, nobody talks to each other. Nobody wants to walk over to your house and ask you to turn your music down because they have work the next day, they just call the police. Nobody tells you they didn't appreciate a particular joke or subject you were discussing. That's the adult thing to do. Oftentimes if you approach someone tactfully you can work things out no problem. They often didn't even realize what they were doing was bothering anyone. And no it's not a matter of "well any decent person wouldn't say x y or z" because everyone is different. I guarantee you no matter how mundane and PC your sense of humor is, there's something you find funny that offends someone else out there. We're not all mind readers and everyone is different. Communication is king. We need to get back to it.

Edit: And my story from basic is a bunch of testosterone laden 18, 19 and 20 year olds away from their parents supervision for the first time. We handled it civilly. Why can't people in their 20s and older manage that? Cut from different cloth I guess.
edit on 8 12 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

More importantly there is about a 99.9999chance she is Lying.. which is why no one not s political shill EVER believed her..

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I am Al Franken , and Your Not the Denying Perv that I Am . And that's OK ............

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

More importantly there is about a 99.9999chance she is Lying.. which is why no one not s political shill EVER believed her..

Even liberal columnists at the NY Times believe her now. Face it man, your god Bill is scum. So is his wife. But yeah I suppose that writer is a shill being paid by the RNC. Or maybe the NRA?
edit on 8 12 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Even liberal columnists at the NY Times believe her now. Face it man, your god Bill is scum. So is his wife. But yeah I suppose that writer is a shill being paid by the RNC. Or maybe the NRA?

.....And that's Ok .........

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

originally posted by: face23785

.....And that's Ok .........

I don't really approve of the way some Clinton sycophants still can't come to terms with it, but hey who am I to force reality on anyone?

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Tellurian>>> Ironic that he posted naked pictures of his kids when that is ultimately why he had to be removed.... the pedophile scandal that's about to rip DC apart.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I'll believe when I see it.

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Please..

You should read her story yourself.

They are playing that whole “we should believe all accusations just Incase not doing so discourages other victims to come forward” game..

I personally do not think it is ok to sacrifice people at the alter of “just in case”.

They have “well if we should believe all allegations, then what about bill..” thrown in their faces and take the “good liberal “ stance rather than the realist stance..

I don’t care about bill.. I don’t know any of these idiots..

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Here is Broaddrick’s story.. obviously not a hit piece.. just one laying out her claims.

“Broaddrick, who was known as Juanita Hickey at the time, first met Clinton when he made a visit to her nursing home during his 1978 gubernatorial campaign. Clinton was Arkansas Attorney General at the time. Broaddrick wanted to volunteer for the campaign, and says Clinton invited her to stop by the campaign office in Little Rock.[10] She contacted the office a few weeks later while in the area for a nursing home conference. Clinton said he would not be in the campaign office that day and suggested they meet at her hotel’s coffee shop instead. Upon his arrival, however, he allegedly requested that they instead have coffee in her room to avoid a crowd of reporters in the lobby. Broaddrick agreed.[3]”

From the Juanita Broaddrick wiki..

Just as an obious red flag, bill answered the phone at his own camaign?!?! Really?!?

There is no proof her and bill talked at the fundraiser..

There is no proof she went to a conference in Little Rock..

She doesn’t even remember the date.. claiming “roughly in spring..”

There is no proof she went by the campaign office later

There is no proof he set up a private meeting.

There is no proof they went to a coffee shop..

There is no proof he went to the hotel room..

There is no proof bill has ever even spoken to her once in his life..

AND SHE IS INCREDIBLY UNATTRACTIVE, and bill is a millionaire playboy with (I assume ) 2 dozen interns on speed dial..

You should face it.. you have been drinking the Clinton body bag koolaid so long you will believe anything negative about them you hear.

edit on 10-12-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Also I think it is fair to say that reporter fairly fits the definition of a political shill lol..

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

AND SHE IS INCREDIBLY UNATTRACTIVE,

Are you really playing the "She's too ugly to rape" card ?

Wow....

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join