It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Al Franken make a statement regarding his political future

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Oh all the excuse makers that were in here when the allegations first started flying against Franken. And he's still not taking responsibility. Do these Senate Democrats really think this is gonna give them some moral high ground with Trump and Moore? Newsflash: it doesn't. You waffled and delayed, you were obviously forced to do this, kicking and screaming. The fake outrage now isn't fooling anyone. You all still love Clinton, and let's be honest you still love Conyers and Franken. You convinced them to take one for the team, that's all.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I might be messing it up a hair, but isn’t Moore accused of raping/attempting to rape a 14 yearold AND WE KNOW HE MARRIED A 16 YEAROLD AT 32!!!

No, he did not. Roy Moore married Kayla when she was 24 and he was 38. They have been happily married for 32 years and have four grown children together.

He first met her when she was 16, I believe, at a dance recital. He didn't approach her until a year before they married.

Try to get your facts straight...

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: DBCowboy
And he just made it political.

Shrewd move.

Make republicans the party of harassers.

10 bucks say they run a woman candidate in 2020.

What if both Parties run a Woman candidate?

Confusion deluxe !

If your gonna play “holier than tho” as all politicians do.. is Moore and this one election worth protecting a pedophile????

Obviously, Franken isn’t a pedo, but the dems were happy to sacrifice him for nothing damaging.. playing grab @$$...

The democrats exaggerating sexual assault allegations to the point they “fire” people for years old cases of playing grab ass , definitely says something bad about them..

But what is the GOP willingness to protect pedophiles say about them???

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I might be messing it up a hair, but isn’t Moore accused of raping/attempting to rape a 14 yearold AND WE KNOW HE MARRIED A 16 YEAROLD AT 32!!!

No, he did not. Roy Moore married Kayla when she was 24 and he was 38. They have been happily married for 32 years and have four grown children together.

He first met her when she was 16, I believe, at a dance recital. He didn't approach her until a year before they married.

Try to get your facts straight...

TheRedneck

Yeah and let's be honest, that kind of thing was common back then. Elvis anyone? Priscilla was I think 14 when they started dating? He was in his 20s. No one cared. This is yet another example of trying to apply today's standards to things that happened decades ago.

Disclaimer: Sexual assault is never ok, regardless of age difference. I'm simply putting the age difference in and of itself into some perspective. You don't have to believe me, ask your parents and grandparents.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Grambler

Seriously. He couldn't pretend to even have a little bit of class in his resignation speech? That is not the time to be calling your accusers liars nor to throw your own accusations at others. Let's be fair, Franken, the Democrats, and the Republicans will all have their chance to politicize this in the press. But to do it during what generally supposed to be a moment of contrition and humility just makes him come across as extremely petty at best.

Yes I agree.

Look we know that politics is gross and people will use anything to their political advantage.

But to do this in your resignation speech is a particular brand of gross.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Fair enough, I retract my statement.. so that is 18 to 26..

As you can tell I don’t put much stock into these from any angle.. BUT JUST THINK WHAT THEY ARE CALLING “ASSAULT “ now a days is ridiculous..

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

What would be awesome is if you had the same standards for your party of choice. We all can agree sometimes each party can be absolute bonkers, except for Trump supporters.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Now lets see if two other people will go into hiding. Im hungry, in the mood for an orange. Nah someone ruined oranges for me.
#grabber

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

As you can tell I don’t put much stock into these from any angle.. BUT JUST THINK WHAT THEY ARE CALLING “ASSAULT “ now a days is ridiculous..

BTW kudos to you for admitting a mistake.

I certainly have had many.

But I agree with you that what is being called assult right now is getting out of hand.

And I want to be on record saying I dont think if Conyers and Franken really are claiming they are innocent and are willing to fight to defend that that they should have resigned.

They should have had the opportunity to defend themselves in a fair format from these allegations.

And I say that as someone who dislikes both of them

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga
a reply to: Konduit

What would be awesome is if you had the same standards for your party of choice. We all can agree sometimes each party can be absolute bonkers, except for Trump supporters.

yep only trump supporters do this.

If the democrats had, I dont know, say a President that was accused of sexual misconduct by many people, including rape, I am sure they would take those women seriously and demand the resignation of that President.

Oh wait.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

What's ridiculous is that a good, honest man can have his reputation besmirched and have lies about him turned into assumptions of truth because his political opponents don't want him to be elected. At the same time, those political opponents are dirtier than he is, and not a word is said until evidence is presented, considered, and the political ramifications are examined.

And even after watching the above take place, so many people still want to spin things. 18 to 26? No. 24 to 38.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

a reply to: Tempter

Wasn't* he just accused of grabbing someone’s butt and turning to kiss* them?!?!

When did that become sexual assault?!?!

*spelling errors corrected

Are you serious ? So I can just walk upto any woman on the street, grab her by the ass and start kissing her ? And you don't see that as assault ??!?

I bet your wife, mom, sister, aunt, girl next door would disagree with that sentiment...

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

It actually sounds like you put a lot of stock in these from certain angles, you just don't put much research into them.

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos

a reply to: Tempter

Wasn't* he just accused of grabbing someone’s butt and turning to kiss* them?!?!

When did that become sexual assault?!?!

*spelling errors corrected

Are you serious ? So I can just walk upto any woman on the street, grab her by the ass and start kissing her ? And you don't see that as assault ??!?

I bet your wife, mom, sister, aunt, girl next door would disagree with that sentiment...

Of course he doesn't think that's assault. He's looking at it through partisan blinders. It's already been demonstrated he doesn't even know what he's talking about. He hasn't familiarized himself with even the basic info around the Moore situation, but he believes everything he's heard about him from his masters.
edit on 7 12 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
The Dems had to drag this guy out of office kicking and screaming.

Let's take a moment to watch this schmuck and another vapid airhead totally botch their speech at the DNC last year while shilling hard for Hillary and insulting Bernie supporters.

He should never have been in office in the first place. He's about as credible as a senator as Sarah Palin was as a veep candidate.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Look I feel that Franked does deserve to have the presumption of innocence.

But when even he as someone who is asking for that presumption takes the opportunity to call someone out as guilty based merely on accusations, its hard to feel bad for him.

Yeah, it's pretty hard to feel sorry when such blatant hypocrisy is on display.

ETA: Also, I don't think he ever really accepted blame in any meaningful way. At first he tried to pass it off as a joke, then he said he "didn't remember it that way." Both of these tacitly admit that the accusation is at least partially accurate, but he was still trying to weasel on taking responsibility. I don't recall any point where he really admitted that he'd treated these women badly.
edit on 7-12-2017 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
And wasting no time, Benrie calls on Trump to resign!

Sanders said, “Let me take it a little step further. We have a president of the United States who acknowledged on a tape widely seen all over the country that he’s assaulted women, so I would hope maybe the president of the United States might pay attention of what’s going on and also think about resigning. But if your point is it is not just Al Franken you are absolutely right.

www.breitbart.com...

That didnt take long, did it?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Funny how so many liberals will scoff and make "but Hillary too!" jokes when we point out that Hillary has committed most of the offenses they accuse Trump of. *

But when the tables turn it's perfectly OK for them to say "but Trump too."

* (Well, maybe not sexual assault. I really can't imagine Hillary having ever had a sexual thought in her life.)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Bernie can move pretty fast when he wants to, especially for such an old dude.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Bernie can move pretty fast when he wants to, especially for such an old dude.

TheRedneck

He certainly moved quickly to cash the DNC's payoff check (for shutting up about the rigged primaries).

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
And wasting no time, Benrie calls on Trump to resign!

Sanders said, “Let me take it a little step further. We have a president of the United States who acknowledged on a tape widely seen all over the country that he’s assaulted women, so I would hope maybe the president of the United States might pay attention of what’s going on and also think about resigning. But if your point is it is not just Al Franken you are absolutely right.

www.breitbart.com...

That didnt take long, did it?

Can you imagine how low their opinion must be of the public to think we won't see right through this transparent attempt to gain some kind of credibility on this issue so they can attack Trump?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join