It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Al Franken make a statement regarding his political future

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Sounds like he is weaseling out and denying it. About as expected.

update to say: well, he's resigning, but not before taking a swipe at the President.
edit on 12/7/17 by AnonymousCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
And of course, he brought up Roy Moore! AMAZING!

link   
Resigned while pointing out Trump grope vid.

"He did it first!!"

Get going Al, no one cares anymore

link   
And he just made it political.

Shrewd move.

Make republicans the party of harassers.

10 bucks say they run a woman candidate in 2020.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
GONE !!

Another Swamper OUT

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Shrewd move.

What if both Parties run a Woman candidate?

Confusion deluxe !

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Pffft.

So remember when everyone said at least Franken admitted his wrong doing and apologized.

Well now he says he does not admit to wrong doing, and he is innocent.

Then he shirks to calling out trump and Moore.

Funny, he wants people to know he is innocent and the claims against him arent true, then in the next sentence he declares Moore guilty.

Look I feel that Franked does deserve to have the presumption of innocence.

But when even he as someone who is asking for that presumption takes the opportunity to call someone out as guilty based merely on accusations, its hard to feel bad for him.

He leaves the senate in the same wasy that he held the seat; as a scum bag.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

When he was saying the "Minnesota deserves a Senator who..." part, he actually to referred to the new Senator as "she."

The decision has already been made.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Pffft.

So remember when everyone said at least Franken admitted his wrong doing and apologized.

Well now he says he does not admit to wrong doing, and he is innocent.

Then he shirks to calling out trump and Moore.

Funny, he wants people to know he is innocent and the claims against him arent true, then in the next sentence he declares Moore guilty.

Look I feel that Franked does deserve to have the presumption of innocence.

But when even he as someone who is asking for that presumption takes the opportunity to call someone out as guilty based merely on accusations, its hard to feel bad for him.

He leaves the senate in the same wasy that he held the seat; as a scum bag.

Yeah, it was pretty slimy of him to do that. But he was no doubt asked to do that.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

When he was saying the "Minnesota deserves a Senator who..." part, he actually to referred to the new Senator as "she."

The decision has already been made.

TheRedneck

Not necessarily.

Using female pronouns in that manner is a woke thing to do.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Karma.

Remember he won that one election by possible fraud?

Ballots in a car trunk.

What goes around comes around.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
God I love America.

One big #show after another, who needs tv 👍

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

BWAHAHAHA!!

Man , that is the funniest thing I’ve seen in a month!!

I spit my coke out lol!

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

He's just playing the game. The Mueller thing is imploding, so all the left has left is the sexual abuse thing to take Trump down. He's in the way with all these allegations (and some evidence), just like Conyers was. He has to move or be moved, but he's trying to pad his own legacy as he goes.

A woman will be appointed in his place. We know that. See my last post.

This will open the Republican party up to allegations of coverups while the Democrats are so honorable for cleaning their own house. The Democrats smell blood in the water around Roy Moore and a victory there will weaken the President who endorsed him. The Republicans were concerned about this when the first allegations came out; that's why they tried to abandon Moore.

What they don't know is that Roy Moore is damn good at covering his butt, and will throw himself on his own sword over morals. The Senate will have to railroad him; there's no truth to catch him with. It had better be a damn big railroad, too, to take Roy Moore down cleanly. There's a reason he still has support.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Seems to be a common practice among Dems lately, try to frame the opposition with what you're actually guilty of.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

All things are not created equal...

Franken and Trump are accused of doing nonesense.. not rape.. not molestation... not sexual harrassment...

They are accused of playing a little grab @$$ and going for a kiss without asking first..

I might be messing it up a hair, but isn’t Moore accused of raping/attempting to rape a 14 yearold AND WE KNOW HE MARRIED A 16 YEAROLD AT 32!!!

So I consider that relatively good evidence he had it in him and “liked them young.”

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Seems to be a common practice among Dems lately, try to frame the opposition with what you're actually guilty of.

It's all of them, really. Look at the list of sexual abuse perpetrators.

It's all the people we are taking "values" from in our society.

It's disgusting how these people can tell us not to do a thing and then do it themselves.

America might have a moral compass problem, but if it does it stems from the top!

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Shrewd move.

What if both Parties run a Woman candidate?

Confusion deluxe !

Would be smart to double up and make one black.

Or you could go all the way in and make it a transgender black candidate. However,what would have the higher PC point value a black man transformed to a women , or a black women transformed to a man ?

LOL. Were putting the turbo on to idiocracy!!!!

edit on 171231America/ChicagoThu, 07 Dec 2017 11:17:39 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

link   

Seriously. He couldn't pretend to even have a little bit of class in his resignation speech? That is not the time to be calling your accusers liars nor to throw your own accusations at others. Let's be fair, Franken, the Democrats, and the Republicans will all have their chance to politicize this in the press. But to do it during what generally supposed to be a moment of contrition and humility just makes him come across as extremely petty at best.

link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Tempter

All things are not created equal...

Franken and Trump are accused of doing nonesense.. not rape.. not molestation... not sexual harrassment...

They are accused of playing a little grab @$$ and going for a kiss without asking first..

I might be messing it up a hair, but isn’t Moore accused of raping/attempting to rape a 14 yearold AND WE KNOW HE MARRIED A 16 YEAROLD AT 32!!!

So I consider that relatively good evidence he had it in him and “liked them young.”

We only have an accusation, which he denies. His wife was married at a legal age.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join