It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia recognizes Jerusalem as Israel's capital

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Link to article

Russia on Thursday publicly recognized West Jerusalem as the capital city of Israel.

The announcement was made in a statement by Russia's Ministry of Foreign Affairs that addressed the Palestinian-Israeli conflict.

Israel declared Jerusalem its capital in 1950, but Russia is the first nation to recognize it as such, according to The Jerusalem Post.

What? Where was the outrage over this? It must have sent peace talks diving into flames and calls for violence. Right?

April 06, 2017 ......what gives? How come the world didn't end and why didn't we have UN Security Council meetings on this dangerous and provocative escalation by Putin?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
Link to article

Russia on Thursday publicly recognized West Jerusalem as the capital city of Israel.

The announcement was made in a statement by Russia's Ministry of Foreign Affairs that addressed the Palestinian-Israeli conflict.

Israel declared Jerusalem its capital in 1950, but Russia is the first nation to recognize it as such, according to The Jerusalem Post.

What? Where was the outrage over this? It must have sent peace talks diving into flames and calls for violence. Right?

April 06, 2017 ......what gives? How come the world didn't end and why didn't we have UN Security Council meetings on this dangerous and provocative escalation by Putin?

Once again, evidence that TPTB are given pause by a Trump-Putin 'understanding'.

The real reason Mueller is still pushing the 'non-starter'.....

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
This was already posted yesterday, but I must say too, I am likely the only one in the World who could honestly care less about some geographical point on a map being recognized as someones capital. I wish I had the lives most people do that must have so much free time and lack of responsibility that they are able to make such an issue the priority cause of concern for the time being.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
This was already posted yesterday, but I must say too, I am likely the only one in the World who could honestly care less about some geographical point on a map being recognized as someones capital. I wish I had the lives most people do that must have so much free time and lack of responsibility that they are able to make such an issue the priority cause of concern for the time being.

Yet here you are...posting. LMAO.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
From the Op's source:

In the statement, Moscow reaffirmed its "support for the two-state solution" while acknowledging that East Jerusalem should be the capital of the future Palestinian state.

"We reaffirm our commitment to the UN-approved principles for a Palestinian-Israeli settlement, which include the status of East Jerusalem as the capital of the future Palestinian state," the ministry said.

"At the same time, we must state that in this context we view West Jerusalem as the capital of Israel."

Note the differences. OP's quote selection, and attempt to equate this to the US statements, is poor.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

I wish I had the lives most people do that must have so much free time and lack of responsibility that they are able to make such an issue the priority cause of concern for the time being.

Be honest, thats what everyone here on ATS is doing. You dont need to have "Free time" to waste time on a forum. I steal time from myself because its interesting! LOL

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: peck420
From the Op's source:

In the statement, Moscow reaffirmed its "support for the two-state solution" while acknowledging that East Jerusalem should be the capital of the future Palestinian state.

"We reaffirm our commitment to the UN-approved principles for a Palestinian-Israeli settlement, which include the status of East Jerusalem as the capital of the future Palestinian state," the ministry said.

"At the same time, we must state that in this context we view West Jerusalem as the capital of Israel."

Note the differences. OP's quote selection, and attempt to equate this to the US statements, is poor.

I included the West Jerusalem part directly. Don't act like if the US acknowledged an embassy and Capitol in just West Jerusalem that the world wouldn't have gone crazy just the same. If that were the case why hadn't we moved the Embassy to West Jerusalem long ago. It's symbolic.

edit on 7-12-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil
Laughable response is laughable.

The reaction would be very different.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I looked in New...didn't see it.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Laughable response is laughable.

The reaction would be very different.

What would that reaction be? Let's here your opinion.
edit on 7-12-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

There would likely not have been a reaction, as it would not have made the news.

"President Trump Re-Affirms Longstanding Status Quo"

Yup, there's a headline if I ever saw one.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Why wouldn't Russia be for something that solidifies their relationship with Iran ?

Just means more money for them. From nuclear and other arms sales.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

There would likely not have been a reaction, as it would not have made the news.

"President Trump Re-Affirms Longstanding Status Quo"

Yup, there's a headline if I ever saw one.

Sure.... If he actually moved the Embassy to West Jerusalem? So you approve of Trump doing the status quo? Just want to make sure of your stance. He is a anti Semite and Nazi you know? That's why he is supporting Israel.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Why wouldn't Russia be for something that solidifies their relationship with Iran ?

Just means more money for them. From nuclear and other arms sales.
How did moving the embassy to West Jerusalem help their relationship with Iran? Not getting that.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Because Iran like every other arab/muslim country hates the ever living hell out of Israel.

Of course Russia is going to be for something that benefits them.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
Sure.... If he actually moved the Embassy to West Jerusalem? So you approve of Trump doing the status quo? Just want to make sure of your stance. He is a anti Semite and Nazi you know? That's why he is supporting Israel.

Since it is woefully apparent that you do not even understand what just happened...why?

Why should I take the time to explain the ramifications to an action, when you can't even understand what the cause and effect of the action was?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: peck420

Did you think the US was going to instantly move the Embassy? If it's not such a big deal, why is the UN Security Council wanting to have a meeting?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Make that two people. I don't give a f#ck about offensive statues and now this Jerusalem bs. Moderate Muslims had the chance to show the world that religion is not the centre of their existence and failed miserably.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Please point to when a Previous President officially in a speech recognized Jerusalem as Israel's Capital?

Why are all the media saying it's a change in longstanding policy?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I gotta ask why you had to Google this to start with?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join