It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gertrude Jekyll and the British Gardens Harmony

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
The peace of God to all that belong to the Light,
Dear Readers,

A week ago google honored Gertrude Jekyll, who died 147 years ago, she is credited to be the great promotor of the British Gardening.

Pls check
Lindisfarne Castle, Gertrude Jekyll Garden

She designed and made 400 gardens along her landscape architect in all Europe. English Gardens evoke relax, armony, peace and facilitate rest, and are ideal for meditation.

Pls check
The magical cooling beauty of British Gardens

In tge middle of the stress and fast pace of modern life they represent an oasis for restoring the mind, body and spirit.
Pls check:

quartzy.qz.com...

Thanks for your Attention

Have a nice weekend!

The Angel of Lightness

edit on 12/7/2017 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
There is a great example of her work in conjunction with architect Edward Lutyens at Castle Drogo in Devon. An interesting place that is linked with equally interesting people.

www.nationaltrust.org.uk...
edit on 7-12-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Dear Cultural Resilence,

I appreciate your interesting Reply, it is certainly very meaningful in to analyze Gertrude work of so many years.

It is interesting to see how England that it is considered by Historians as the motherland of the Industrial Revolution is also bringing to the Western civilization this movement in modernity to create architectonic spaces that are oasis, in the middle of the cement city environment, for maintain contact interaction and rest close to nature, a need that the industrial era has also boosted.

Gardens are places of No time, where everything seems to remain in permanent harmony and balance that is natural, for people living in the so quick pace of the artifitial modern style of life so constrained by an unstoppable sequence of rapid changes.

A garden is visually therapeutic but Moreover is a privileged laboratory of meditation and aromatherapy, it is a party for enjoying with all our senses a lot of pleasant and calming impressions.

Modern European gardens are extremely linked in the time of Mrs Jekyll with the birth of impressionism either in Painting, music and poetry.

Thanks

The Angel of Ligjtness
edit on 12/8/2017 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

If my country can be a leading light in the movement to improve people's quality of life in that manner, that would be something I would be very pleased by.

Kind regards.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

You are very welcome,

English Gardens are definitively one of the major contributions for the well being of humanity in general, it is interesting to see that like Japan, which also has a so long and exquisite tradition of gardening, it seems nations of the Islands have some unique way to contemplate, to enjoy nature.

Please Check
English Cottage and Country Gardens

Thanks for your replies,

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 12/13/2017 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

Thanks for the video I will watch it when I have the time. I think you're point about Island nations and gardens is an intriguing one. It makes me wonder if there is any research out there into the gardens in Island nations and those of others non-island nations.

I think you may have touched on something very significant and worthy of further exploration.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Well, here in the united states it also catch the attention of the public in different events the beauty of the Hawaiian gardens, they are always full of colorful, with those unique contrasts that only tropical flowers can produce.

They transmit to the viewer eyes extraordinary vitality, that shines magically from the Polynesian way to cultivate plants that invite not only to relax and perfect sense of harmony, but also that contribute to create a uniqu atmosphere of irresistible sensuality.

The way water fountains or streams is harmoniously combined with plants is also a common factor in between hawaiian, English and Japanese gardens.

Please check
www.youtube.com...

Thanks for your attention.

The Angel of Lightness

edit on 12/14/2017 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

top topics

join