It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bitcoin: $64m in cryptocurrency stolen in 'sophisticated' hack, exchange says

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Who can afford those type of investments?

Practically anyone.

You can start buying for as little as $5 bucks.

People don't have to buy the whole kitten caboddle.

That's how ma boyz started off, I wished I had started when they did would have saved me a bundle brother.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

originally posted by: EternalShadow

originally posted by: SR1TX

Bitcoin is here to stay.

That's obliviously optimistic.

Questions: Can you destroy physical gold or silver? Are they network dependent? Are physical gold and silver created out of thin air??

What gives gold and silver their value to the average person?

Can I eat gold or silver? Do I want gold or silver in exchange for food?

Face it, if any thing changed that we relied on, we'd be up the creek without a paddle.

You mean something intrinsic that the entire world has relied on for millennia is suddenly worthless because the average person may not possess it or eat it????? And crypto currency is edible and takes up less space in your pocket..

OK..........hahaha
edit on E31America/ChicagoThu, 07 Dec 2017 10:10:39 -060012amThursdayth10am by EternalShadow because: add

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf
This bubble has been getting bigger and bigger for years now. Surely it will burst soon and all you suckers will be broke hahaha I laugh in glee at your empty pocket fluff. or am I sad that I didn't get in sooner.

Oh no, I'm just hungry. *eats a candy cane*

If you invested so much money you’d be broke if it crashed then you deserve it .....and again if you did you obviously have no idea how to invest lol

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: neo96

Who can afford those type of investments?

Practically anyone.

You can start buying for as little as $5 bucks.

People don't have to buy the whole kitten caboddle.

That's how ma boyz started off, I wished I had started when they did would have saved me a bundle brother.

So do I.

WIsh I gotten in on GBTC too.

Started off as a penny stock now it's over $1800 a share.

Bitcoin is the stuff dreams are made of, and most people never get in on.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yea, 'finite' until more is mined up from the deep internet like gold from the earth.

Either way, it takes real fiat currency to even get bitcoin in the first place. Which is the main issue I see with crypto, when or if all 'normal' money is gone, do you pay the miners with bitcoin, just to mine up more bitcoin? What's in it for either party.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

you are seeing my concern.

Its looking like nothing more than a bubble. And with the amounts of cash needing to be spent to drive that bubble, that would mean some folks are very heavily invested.

What is it...2mil bitcoin users currently? Most of them with a few bucks worth of "dust"? What is the distribution of assets within the blockchain?

It smells to me like either a state player is buying up to pull the rug out from under it, or venture capitalists are in it to drive a bubble and create value out of mania.

Its like tulips are all the rage again.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
1. Literally there is only so much that can be mined it was made that way back in the early 2000s, it’s part of the block chain it can’t be undone.

2. If we lose all other sorts of currency , the last thing you’re going to be worried about is bitcoin!

3. If society did go cashless, you would be looking at something like....well...bitcoin

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Either way, it takes real fiat currency to even get bitcoin in the first place.

Not necessarily.

There are free miners out there.

Granted the payout is minscule but the difference can be made up by numbers.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

It's now at $16,900. Let's put things in perspective for a moment:

It went from $11,000 to $12,000 in one day, then within 24 hours it went to $14,000. It's now up 22.5% in a day.

Also, it was at less than $1,000 per at the beginning of the year.

This is innnsane.
edit on 7-12-2017 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-12-2017 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Ride the wave.

RIDE the WAVE.

They been saying bubble for six months.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

It went from $11,000 to $12,000 in one day, then within 24 hours it went to $14,000. It's now up 22.5% in a day.

This is innnsane.

The amount of cash it would take to make that kind of movement is something that either needs state sponsorship, or support from someone who loans states money.

Everyone better make good while they can...the rugs about to be pulled out by someone.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: FamCore

This is innnsane.

The amount of cash it would take to make that kind of movement is something that either needs state sponsorship, or support from someone who loans states money.

Everyone better make good while they can...the rugs about to be pulled out by someone.

Oh I have definitely pondered the “state sponsored “ crash, or someone like sorros engineering it, there are DEFINITELY big players in the world not happy about bitcoin....and I kinda figured they would pull something like that to try and kill it

The thing is though so many people have been involved for so long w such small investments, and raking in cash, I’m not sure it will really hurt many people that bad....

However I’m sure that’s not the point, the point would be to make it too volatile for it to go mainstream , and I’m sure TPTB are well aware of how dangerously close it is to doing so

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Coinbase has crashed. Does anyone know the current BTC price?

The Coinbase status page says there's a partial outage on US Wires, a partial outage of Singapore bank payments, a degraded performance of SEPA transfers, and partial outage of ID verification.

STM
edit on 7-12-2017 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

17600.01 US Dollar

Steam just announced they won't be accepting Bitcoin anymore due to the high fees and volatility.

Bit Coin Price Surge
edit on 7-12-2017 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

oh yeah but you can't buy forever there is a limit on how much goes into circulation then it maxed out, this is to avoid inflation can't print more than it's worth.
edit on 7-12-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: seentoomuch
Coinbase has crashed. Does anyone know the current BTC price?

The Coinbase status page says there's a partial outage on US Wires, a partial outage of Singapore bank payments, a degraded performance of SEPA transfers, and partial outage of ID verification.

STM

Now that’s interesting news Indeed.....I wondered if there’s an actual issue or they took it down to evaluate possible security issues and fix

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Coinbase is back up and BTC is currently at 16,260.01

And wow, I'm with you ManBehindTheMask, I wonder if it was an orchestrated attack of some kind or just the traffic? And now the price is just frozen on 16,260.01, no buying or selling going on? Oh, great, now the site says it is experiencing difficulties, please try again.

STM

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Coinbase has crashed.

Use their app.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I wonder if it was an orchestrated attack of some kind or just the traffic? A

The coinbase website is always sketchy.

Mostly due to high traffic.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

What is the current BTC price on the app?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join