It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California is on fire Dec 2017

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

What's really freaking me out is that the already strong winds are being accelerated by the fire to over 80mph. A Category 1 Hurricane is 75mph.

Absolutely fanning the hell out of embers with one fire 5% contained.
I gotta feel'n we are looking at something unprecedented here.
Even the media is calling them hurricane force.
edit on Ram120717v48201700000039 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
It's really bad here. I feel so bad for everyone in ventura, Santa Clarita, creek fire canyon area, and of course bel air. It's devastating, the winds were terrible yesterday and supposed to get worse overnight. I even got a text from emergency about the extreme fire danger. I'm far enough away, and in concrete jungle over here in the beach communities, but I can't imagine those poor families, these fires came and spread out of no where....

They were trying to put into perspective on the news that the ventura fire alone is equivalent to 1700 football fields already burned. Incredible! My best friend had to evacuate yesterday from the santa Clarita fire but luckily was able to return safely. I pray that they can get this under control and fast. I can smell the smoke all the way down here at my house. Good luck to all those affected, and big thank yous to the hard working fire departments and first responders!

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Hard to say. Santa Ana is pretty normal.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

OMG! I can do this, I can prove Phage wrong!

Koaa

In July, the U.S. Forest service reached an agreement with Global SuperTanker to help fight wildfires. On Tuesday, Dec. 6 the call was made and the SuperTanker crews are now fighting multiple fires north of Los Angeles. The SuperTanker is a Boeing 747, which has twice the capacity of the next largest aerial tanker. It is capable of delivering multiple drops or nearly 20,000 gallons of water or fire retardant. The FAA granted approval for the plane in September and the U.S. Interagency Airtanker Board approved it to fight fires burning on federal land in January

Looks like its just the high winds keeping it grounded for now, but they are in CA and ready to fly.

Flightradar
edit on 7-12-2017 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I would say man, but usually mostly by accident or stupid mistake...it's the Santa Ana winds that makes these fires so dangerous, our winds get wicked out here, even worse in the canyons where these fires are... that's how they spread so fast and the embers start burning in multiple places...

lightning is very scarse out here, usually only the high desert gets it.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

Hey Thorne, you know they have a lot more interest in robots
that take jobs instead of robots that make sense right?
edit on Ram120717v59201700000011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood

Pretty sure at least one person will say its all California's fault for letting Zacate or go, or being Libtards or some such nonsense.

I made a snide comment about California being a disaster before the fires.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Mmmm snide but not insulting. I doubt anyone will dispute California is having a hard time lately, but its not like you're jumping up and down laughing and acting like it's deserved.

edit on 7-12-2017 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

Chemtrails away!

Yeah!

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: hartbeat

I would say man, but usually mostly by accident or stupid mistake...it's the Santa Ana winds that makes these fires so dangerous, our winds get wicked out here, even worse in the canyons where these fires are... that's how they spread so fast and the embers start burning in multiple places...

lightning is very scarse out here, usually only the high desert gets it.

Thanks for confirming my suspicion that HUMANS cause most of these annual fires, instead of nature. If it was nature, southern California would pretty much be barren of greenery, after thousands of years of annual fire seasons.

I wonder if some of them are started intentionally by pyromaniacs? I hope there's some way to find and arrest the intentional fire starters.

A California state fire official told Shepherd Smith today that this is the earliest and most devestating start to the fire season since 2003. But the lady didn't sound all bent out of shape, like Shepherd. She said that as long as loss of life is minimized, insurance and federal aid rebuilds the properties every year.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

If it was nature, southern California would pretty much be barren of greenery, after thousands of years of annual fire seasons.

Yup. It would be pretty much a desert. Oh, wait.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
The flames are threatening power lines and I hear
propane tanks have been exploding. Dangerous work
indeed as one injured by that tank explosion.
edit on Ram120717v12201700000026 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

If it was nature, southern California would pretty much be barren of greenery, after thousands of years of annual fire seasons.

I remember seeing lots of greenery between Yuma and San Diego. Maybe it's all burned up since 1994.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
That covers a pretty wide area.

I've heard that lightning can start fires though. Is that a myth? What is it that makes you think this is the result of human activity?

edit on 12/7/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I remember seeing lots of greenery between Yuma and San Diego. Maybe it's all burned up since 1994.

That drive is basically all desert, and the small amount of greenery you see is desert shrubs. There is no true 'greenery' along that desert path.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Someone just pulling thier car off the road on dry brush
could start a fire, And leave no one to blame as they drive
away.. Ever touched a hot catalytic converter? Don't!
edit on Ram120717v31201700000009 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   

That's one thing my Mom never told me not to do.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   

That's one thing my Mom never told me not to do.

She wasn't worried about that for you Phage! You have to
get under the car.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Been there. Done that.

After everything cooled down. Mom didn't raise no dummy.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

After everything cooled down. Mom didn't raise no dummy.

Alright! So I've been burned a couple times! In my defense it
was summer time and the car over heated.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join