It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Really Want to Know.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I read recently (I was scanning bits of news and not paying attention to the site it was on) that a reporter was approached by a woman who wanted to ad her story to an ongoing list of women who had been assaulted in some way. The reporter said it didn't take long to determine that her story was fake. It does happen. Financial opportunists abound.

The whole Weinstein case has be bugged. Everyone knew it was happening and no one said or did anything about it. At least nothing that accomplished anything. Imagine how many women could have been spared that abuse if the women experiencing it had said something then. They sacrificed themselves, and future generations of women, for the opportunity to make movies and get rich and famous. Now that they are rich and famous they don't mind speaking out. I don't get it.

The hypocrisy and double standard bother me too. A male reporter gets fired for alleged misconduct during the Rio Olympics while two female reporters are on camera fondling a male athlete and acting like he should be flattered by their attention. Why is no one calling for them to resign?

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: Phage

Yeah, don't forget John Conyers.

Or are they calling that retirement?

You didn't read the OP. Did you?

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join