It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Really Want to Know.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Statute of limitations prevents that.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

That's why these predators always yell from the mountain tops " you have no proof" because these guys make sure there are never witnesses.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

The laws for the court of public opinion are different. There you need to prove your innocence.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

From Won't Get Fooled Again:

There's nothing in the street
Looks any different to me
And the slogans are replaced, by-the-bye
And the party on the right
Is now the party on the left
And the beards have all grown longer overnight

This pretty much says it all for the last 30 years.

edit on 7-12-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Bull. When I was twenty I got a job at Kennedy airport. I had a boss who was always patting me putting his arm around me. All fun fun I'm never going to hurt you stuff. My you look beautiful in that dress. Are those new shoes? Oh you did you hair different. I like I like. I never told him I thought it was rude. I tried to not be within arms reach. What he did was still harassment because it made me feel bad. I'm sure he would have said it was just innocent. It made me uncomfortable but I was a nice polite girl. I didn't put my elders in their place and I didn't talk back of accuse my boss. It's just how it was.
edit on 1272017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

edit on 1272017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Of course it matters... both true allegations and the false accusations. The question -- our challenge -- is how to deal with it.

On a criminal level, it's no different than any other crime: What can be proven in a court of law. And that's tricky, because such crimes almost always happen behind closed doors with no witnesses. And it's easy enough for anyone to say, "But she said "yes." It's almost impossible to prove one way or another. Even worse is the "But I was just expressing my attraction to her... What? Now men can't even show women they're interested???" Because violating a woman's body is the way to show interest... yeah, right.

But on a purely practical level, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, and I'd say it's more important to stop the abuse to begin with than to prosecute after the fact. And that means educating both boys and girls (and, apparently, men and women) to what is and is not appropriate behavior. To say I've been absolutely sickened by some of the downright abusive and misogynistic comments made right here on ATS is an understatement. I was taught -- and I taught my daughter -- to speak out loud and proud and immediately... and make damn sure anyone and everyone within a stone's throw will hear you. The men who do this are cowards at heart. They count on women being too nice or too afraid or too something to challenge them. Make it personal, make it hurt, and make it public, and they'll leave you the hell alone.

They also count on other men -- good men -- being afraid of false accusations that will ruin their lives to protect them from their own bad behavior. Good men that would be absolutely horrified to know what the bad men do behind closed doors to their mothers, sisters, daughters, wives, girlfriends, etc.

This really isn't rocket science. As long as there are people making pathetic excuses for bad behavior, it will continue. The first step is to stop accepting pathetic excuses.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Roger Ailes. Gone. Forgotten?
Bill O'reilly. Gone. Forgotten?
Harvey Weinstein. Gone. Forgotten?
John Conyers. Gone. Not forgotten.
Al Franken. Gone?
Roy Moore.
Donald Trump.

Are all of the women lying? Are any of them?
Does any of it matter? To whom?

In the words of an Englishman, "What goes on? (chick a chick)"

Always great when you toss us a thread Phage! I don't have an answer... may be in the water....

Thanks for posting this. You make us all think! Will be following...

Best
edit on 7-12-2017 by mysterioustranger because: sorry...day off...cant find coffee

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The way these things are popping up so frequently lately, I'm starting to worry about anything I've said or done since junior high.

It's almost worth everyone carrying around waivers before speaking to each other. Bullet points of what's acceptable and what isn't. "sign here, please".

I don't know if there's ever going to be a "solution". The best we can do is encourage people (men and women) to come forward immediately. Even if they just lay down the first "I'm not comfortable with that" statement, they should tell someone it was said in my opinion. I do believe that fear of reprisal will have an affect.

All said, I think it's a legal minefield.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

If some one grabs an 18 year olds @$$, no they do not deserve to lose their jobs 20 years later....

That is ridiculous and only cheapens the accounts of real victims..

A 14 year old is different, assuming it is a person over the age of say 20.. hell maybe older, because what if it was a bad joke??

The only reason I think Moore should be held accountable is because of him marrying a 16 yearold at 32.. the rest are impossible to really know.. how hard is it to get an old friend to claim you told them about it 20 years ago???

In this political climate where ALOT of people consider it a moral imperative to take down those who don’t share their politics..

I am a VERY vocal trump detractor and I don’t buy ANY of the sexual assault allegations against him..

A) I don’t think I’ve even heard him accused of actual sexual assault...

B) after his “grabbing” comments compounded with him bringing 3 known frauds who were accusing Bill Clinton to a globally watched debate, trump basically BEGGED people to lie on him...

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

What are you talking about though???

The range of “sexual assault” allegations couldn’t be more varied...

Do I care that a congressman who married a 16 yearold when he was 32 , is being accused of raping a 14 year old???

Absolutely..

Do I care that some celebrities/politicians grabbed some ones @$$ 20 years ago???

No.. I do not..

And it has nothing to do with politics..

Rape/molestation is fairly considered a life altering experience that MUST be addressed criminally AND socially..

However , at least imho “he grabbed my butt and tried to kiss me without asking “ is not...

If it is a life altering experience, I’m not sure the problem isn’t with the mental state of the victim..

If I FEEL like a red car driving past me is a hell worthy trespass.. the problem isn’t with the red car.. it is with me..

Feelings are subjective, they cannot be measured and so should never be involved in criminal/civil/legal issues..

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Defamation is really tricky and she has a big hill to climb. She first must prove harm and it must be actual harm. She must also prove the statements as false which seems would require her to prove the original allegations truthful which it appears he said she said at this point.

This move by Gloria Allred and her client seems to be more ploy to be able to get Trump in for a deposition more than anything else and will most likely be allowed but only after his term as President.

Who is right and who is wrong I do not know. I do not dismiss her claims but must allow the same for Trump. I do not forsee a solution in either the defamation suit nor a criminal complaint if allowed.

Seems we are where we started with I want to know and the question of why now? That one is kind of easy as it looks political and with all the hate spewed toward the administration, it makes sense. I will wait and see, if guilty I do believe in karma so he will answer eventually but karma works both ways

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

The laws for the court of public opinion are different. There you need to prove your innocence.

Clearly. Obviously. Duhhh.

Which court do you deem more important? Tangible even.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Benny Hill Gone ?

The Man who used Humor to Get what Every Man Wants......But Not Forgotten.............

[yvid]
[/yvid]

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

You forgot Matt Lauer.

Clinton is taking the credit, already a story
up in the NYT.

Interesting you bring it up...
Hmmm

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

You forgot Matt Lauer.

It's not about who, it's about what happens as a consequence.

Double standards and moral hypocrisy and such.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Gosh. Now that you mention it, I missed quite a few.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Like Bill Clinton?

He was obviously left off your list.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Like Bill Clinton?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Yeah, don't forget John Conyers.

Or are they calling that retirement?

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

originally posted by: Liquesence

Like Bill Clinton?

A lot of people could be put on the list.

Double standards and hypocrisy are not partisan, unless people prefer to spin their own party as morally superior while ignoring or attempting to justify the hypocrisy within.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join