It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Really Want to Know.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
This is what happens when there is so much crap flung everywhere that absolutely NO ONE is coming out of it clean. No one.

I refuse to hinge my personal integrity on the moral rectitude of these people. Meaning that I will not defend them, nor is it of any use to me for political purposes. I just want to break open the bleach and start cleaning House(and Senate).
edit on 7 12 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Like with a cloth?

Ok, ok, fine. I'll leave.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp

From a legal standpoint, is it possible to build a case based on nothing more than unsubstantiated allegation? I wouldn't think so, but I'm not a trial lawyer.

You should watch the ID channel. You'd be surprised how many people are serving lengthy prison sentences over unsubstantiated allegations.

Of course, they weren't rich. Or smart enough to know you don't talk to cops under any circumstances for any reason. You talk to a lawyer and let a lawyer do the talking.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

You talk to a lawyer and let a lawyer do the talking.

Unless you're really smart and have a good brain. And stuff.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

originally posted by: MteWamp

From a legal standpoint, is it possible to build a case based on nothing more than unsubstantiated allegation? I wouldn't think so, but I'm not a trial lawyer.

You should watch the ID channel. You'd be surprised how many people are serving lengthy prison sentences over unsubstantiated allegations.

Of course, they weren't rich. Or smart enough to know you don't talk to cops under any circumstances for any reason. You talk to a lawyer and let a lawyer do the talking.

Sounds like a good way to get hauled to the hoosgow.
Answer questions and let them know you are cool.
Unless you like giving money to lawyers for crimes you have not committed. It gets expensive real fast.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

You talk to a lawyer and let a lawyer do the talking.

Unless you're really smart and have a good brain. And stuff.

OK, I had to laugh at that one.

When I think of all the people I've encountered who thought they were great pool players or great chess players and wanted to play me for money ...

You don't even need a good brain to know you don't risk going to prison competing against someone who does what they do for a living.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Also, some attorneys are better than others.

Seems some of the former opted out when approached by the prez.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   

a reply to: Phage

There is a concept known as the rebound effect, whereby one extreme is countered by its opposite.

There ya go again with that Left-Right paradigm malarkey, one side overreaches only to suffer the inevitable blowback,, thats just silly ....who in their right mind would enable such an overreach...

edit on 7-12-2017 by ShadowChatter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

Sounds like a good way to get hauled to the hoosgow.
Answer questions and let them know you are cool.
Unless you like giving money to lawyers for crimes you have not committed. It gets expensive real fast.

What's expensive is doing 10 to 20 for a crime you didn't commit.

If they want you to go in for questioning, you tell them, "No thank you." If you're not under arrest, or they have no warrant or probable cause, you don't have to go.

If you do have to go "downtown" you are under no obligation to answer any questions. You are legally required to identify yourself and that's it. You do your best to make sure they don't even know what your voice sounds like.

If they have legitimate questions, you tell them to put those questions in writing and you will respond in writing, and you take your time in responding. Several days if necessary. Otherwise, they will keep asking the same questions over and over hoping you will give different answers. Any change in any detail will give them cause to arrest you.

What you have to understand is that too many cops and prosecutors don't care about finding the guilty party. All they care about is getting convictions and closing cases. For them, an innocent person serving time is just as good as a guilty person. It's sad, but true. They don't care if the person is stupid, retarded, or just plain unlucky. They face no penalty in convicting an innocent person, but convictions and arrests mean promotions for them. Until that changes, you need to protect yourself.

Also, not cooperating with police is in the best interests of justice. By not giving them an easy target, you force them to get off their doughnut-eating asses and find actual evidence that will lead them to the real perpetrators. If they care enough to solve the crime, that is.

Like I said, watch some ID channel. Pay close attention to interrogation techniques. Especially the small rooms, the seating arrangements, the multiple interrogators, the lies they tell, the accusations, climate controls, etc. This isn't designed to find truth. It's designed to make you feel so uncomfortable you will say anything to get out of there.
edit on 7-12-2017 by VictorVonDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Are you right or left handed?.

In either case it will depend on which hand the hammer was designed for. Can you exhibit the said hammer in court sir?

bally

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

I broke it while removing my muffler bearings.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Some Women are too afraid to speak up. Thats my perspective. Embarrassment, fear. I don't know why.

It would be the same reason anyone would stay silent, like the blacks did, and the Irish. Social media today just makes it easier to.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Answer the questions!!! 1 and 2>>>>

bally

edit on 7-12-2017 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ADSE255

Some Women are too afraid to speak up. Thats my perspective. Embarrassment, fear. I don't know why.

Indeed. Being cast as subservient is problematic (regardless of gender). I think that is the base of the problem. It could go in either direction but in our society it is males who are wield the dominant role.

Someone is always going to wield power. I don't see anything inherently wrong with that. How that power is (ab)used is another matter. "You can do whatever you want." That is inherently wrong.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: JinMI

Statute of limitations bro.
Law says it don't matter.

Hell, they caught Bill Clinton in a blatant lie and proved his abuse and no one cared. This isn’t a new phenonemem.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Everything is relative.
Except the speed of light.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Here's my ATS working hypothesis:

Scapegoats, The Purge and a tad of modern witch hunts. All the wrong things for the good cause, which will probably blow up at one point to have this wanna-be-revolution eat their children.

I'd reckon we see some sort of controlled opposition playing out. But the ruling patriarchy will remain unharmed whilst reintroducing this barbaric rush to prejudgments. Time to destroy some lives without any judicial review whatsoever, innit?

The court of public opinion knows no mercy.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

In the case of Franken, there is photographic evidence everyone has seen.

In the case of Conyers, we know he used the "shush fund."

In the case of Trump there is a tape with a conversation full of lewd talk and bunch of accusers who have since disappeared.

In the case of Moore there is a yearbook no one can see because the signature in question is of questionable origin.

In the case of the first two, allegations came out of the blue with no election at stake.

In the case of the latter, allegations came during the latter stages of a heated political election.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

I think you're more right than you know.

This is ultimately going to cause more damage then it helps.

I don't ascribe this to some deep motive of the "patriarchy" because I think that's BS, but I do think we're busy acting as electronic lynch mobs right now, and sooner or later something will make us recoil in shame because we'll go too far.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Played like a fiddle indeed.

I don't ascribe this to some deep motive of the "patriarchy"

I'm not sure either. But would you be willing to fathom something along those lines if this scandal remains in Hollywood only? It's a hint, innit?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join