It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just wanted to tell you I knew this in 1989 and SO DID THEY

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I tried to tell people even then, but THEY DIDN'T:

Poor little Lab Rats!

www.theguardian.com...

All forms of hormonal contraception carry breast cancer risk, study finds.

Research shows small increase in risk until about five years after contraception is stopped, despite hopes that newer types might prove safer

Small risk my ass! There is a PLAGUE of Breast Cancer in Western women. Even young women are getting it and have been for ages.

I bet a lot of transgender people who used extensive hormone therapy will develop horrific cancers, too. I am telling you that now. When all the news articles start telling you in a few years time I will come and tell you I told you so again.

That is what I meant about the Sybil quote from the Waste Land":

"Nam Sybillam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere, et cum pueri illi dicerent: Στβμλλ τί Θέλεις; respondebat illa: άπσΘνειν Θελω." For Ezra Pound il miglior fabbro

Translation: "With my own eyes I saw the Sybil of Cumae hanging in a bottle; and when the boys said to her: Sybil, what do you want?" she replied: "I want to die."

Yes, when you see all the misery coming and everyone tells you that you are mad this is how it feels.

Is this PLAGUE enough for you?:

seer.cancer.gov...

Lifetime Risk of Developing Cancer: Approximately 12.4 percent of women will be diagnosed with female breast cancer at some point during their lifetime, based on 2012-2014 data. Prevalence of This Cancer: In 2014, there were an estimated 3,327,552 women living with female breast cancer in the United States.

edit on 6-12-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
www.newsweek.com...

Navigating Cancer as a Trans Person Is a Nightmare

There is a dangerous paucity of data on transgender health issues, and little research, which is why the NIH launched a five-year study of trans youth last year.

Following his doctor’s orders, Jay Kallio went in for a routine breast cancer exam in 2008. Though Kallio had been living as a man for two years, he retained breast tissue after his transition, so he continued to receive cancer screenings for traditionally female cancers. A few weeks after the exam, the phone rang. “I’m sitting at home, thinking everything is hunky-dory with this last mammogram, and a radiologist calls to say, ‘I wanted to see how you’re doing with your diagnosis,’” Kallio recalls. “And I said, ‘What diagnosis?’” Kallio’s doctor had failed to inform him that the latest mammogram showed a particularly aggressive form of cancer—one for which even a few weeks’ delay in treatment can make a difference in the outcome. “He was the head of surgery at a major New York City hospital, and he couldn’t even call me up to give me my biopsy results,” Kallio says. He then called the doctor, but the doctor wouldn't call him back. “It went on for weeks.”

There is lots of this stuff in the search engines. Right now they tell you it is perfectly safe with proper medical supervision. I somehow remembering all the professionals all those years telling us how safe the contraceptive pill was.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Big Pharma' has been selling this # to women all over the earth since:

www.pbs.org...

1957 The FDA approves the pill, but only for severe menstrual disorders, not as a contraceptive. An unusually large number of women report severe menstrual disorders. 1960 The pill is approved for contraceptive use.

edit on 6-12-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Nevermind the sharp rise in cancer rates the second half of the 20th century for ALL types of cancer.

Of course it was the pill. It had nothing to do with all of the above ground nuclear weapon testing. Sometimes it takes a few generations for the genetic abnormalities to manifest en masse. Or petrochemical fertilizers developed in the same time frame.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

Tested in the 1950s on Puerto Rican and Haitian women, the first version of the pill contained the hormones oestrogen and progestin, which were synthetically produced to mimic the body's natural hormones.

en.wikipedia.org...

Side effects Side effects of this high dose pill were similar to that of modern-day oral contraceptives, only more severe; these included nausea, bloating, weight gain, depression, loss of libido, severe mood changes, etc. Doctors did include patients in details of the study. Blood clotting also became a major problem with women participating in the trial, and is the currently suspect cause of death for the three deaths that occurred in the subjects while the trials were being conducted. However, it took over a decade for official recognition that there was a link between blood clotting and the use of the drug, leading to multiple deaths within the trial itself.[12][13] Deaths Three deaths occurred among patients who were taking the birth control drug during these trials. However, at the time of occurrence these deaths were not reported in the U.S. to be linked to the trials. Despite strong circumstantial evidence that the pill was causing these unexpected deaths, it was not reported, and those conducting the trial considered the deaths to be merely coincidental. The estrogen in the Pill was making the women susceptible to blood clotting.

mic.com...

The irony of the pill is that it was tested on women, specifically women of color — many of whom were forced to undergo sterilization — before later being marketed predominately to white women in America as a symbol of independence.

"The pill has functioned as a technique not only for controlling reproduction but also for producing and controlling gender and race," scholar Beatriz Preciado writes in her book about gender in the age of pharmacology, Testo Junkie. Indeed, Dr. Gregory Pincus and Dr. John Rock — two of Eig's "crusaders," funded by Planned Parenthood founder Margaret Sanger — effectively sterilized hundreds of women, from non-consenting psychiatric patients at the Worcester State Hospital to destitute Puerto Rican women living in the housing projects of Rio Piedras, by testing variations of the pill on them.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Sigh, as a clinician in Chinese medicine....this info is a couple thousand years old

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I always wondered about the type that works by supressing ovulation. So you take the pill for years, then you have been on it for so long that they advise you to go off of it.

You should be nearing menopause, but you still have all these eggs left. Are you going to be ovulating for years longer than you would have otherwise? Or will the eggs naturally die off when they get so old?

And what happens when someone gets pregnant, but doesn't know it yet & keeps taking the pill? The baby gets exposed to all those hormones. What if it's a boy too? Could this be where some of the early childhood cancers start?

Humans are so arrogant! They think they can mess with nature without repercussions! And they have no idea what all the long term effects are yet either!

WOQ

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
They have known that for many years. The only difference now is they know which epigenetic factors cause it. It does not happen in all people. It may increase cancer risk in about thirty percent of women, those with the BRCA genes and others with gensets that cause an improperly made enzyme that does not break down the hormones. Those ones they know of, how many more will they find in the future.
edit on 6-12-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

This bull# you have posted which implies women who take birth control are both liberal and sluts is EXTREMELY OFFENSIVE. How dare you!

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   

I'm sitting here happy I stopped that so early on. I took birth control pills for a while when younger, but they made me gain weight, get migraines and stuff, and I got fed up. Stopped entirely 25 years ago.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
I tried to tell people even then, but THEY DIDN'T:
Poor little Lab Rats!

The link between oral contraceptives and breast cancer has always been well established, I know doctors who have been telling women about it for a at least a decade or two. In fact I even know somebody personally who had been recommended against oral contraceptive due to her family history of breast cancer (recommended by doctors, of course).

If you read The Original Study instead of news articles, you'll see that the risk is minimal on women under 40 and its increase with age it's because of a very simple reason: the risk of cancer increases with age.

If you read the original article (which I posted above) you'll see that this was just an observational study which actually did not include a few factors that could have made for a different headline in your OP.

And shame on you for suggesting women who use contraceptives are sluts or, like in the poster you added, 'Satan's girls'.

originally posted by: Ameilia

This bull# you have posted which implies women who take birth control are both liberal and sluts is EXTREMELY OFFENSIVE. How dare you!

That's how small minds work, the lower the IQ the more mysoginist (etc) people are.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

these are horrible news

new topics

top topics

join