It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did trump do this??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
a reply to: face23785

Thanks but that's not about the american embassy moving to Jerusalem is it?

I didn't realize that's what you were asking, my mistake.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

So what your saying is that this is fake--- the Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995, passed by overwhelming bipartisan majority in both the House and Senate. The act states that “Jerusalem should be recognized as the capital of the State of Israel and the United States Embassy in Israel should be established in Jerusalem no later than May 31, 1999.”

And that obama never said this----

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: madenusa
Saudi Arabia's King Salman told Mr Trump, according to a Saudi readout of their telephone conversation.

Declaring Jerusalem as Israel's capital, the King said, "would constitute a flagrant provocation to all Muslims, all over the world. ......all over the world is a lot of Muslims.....this looks like a different kind of war game
Lets see what happens next.

It's true. Muslims have always wanted to conquer Jerusalem for themselves, as they consider it a holy site too. I'm not sure about the Sunnis, but the Shiites believe that their Messiah, the Mahdi, will return to Jerusalem.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I wonder. . . . if it's "nothing" then why is every leftist and Hamas (sorry, redundant) losing their # over it?

Why ?

I'll tell you why:

Because if war breaks out over this official declaration by Trump, every one of our countries (including your own) are going to have to jump in, costing us all millions of dollars and possibly thousands of lives.

But hey... this is all just "refreshing and amusing" to you.

(post by stonerwilliam removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Revolution9

So what your saying is that this is fake--- the Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995, passed by overwhelming bipartisan majority in both the House and Senate. The act states that “Jerusalem should be recognized as the capital of the State of Israel and the United States Embassy in Israel should be established in Jerusalem no later than May 31, 1999.”

And that obama never said this----

Knowing Obama he just said that to get votes. Just like when he said he believed marriage was between a man and a woman.

link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

I wonder. . . . if it's "nothing" then why is every leftist and Hamas (sorry, redundant) losing their # over it?

Why ?

I'll tell you why:

Because if war breaks out over this official declaration by Trump, every one of our countries (including your own) are going to have to jump in, costing us all millions of dollars and possibly thousands of lives.

But Obama said it first!

So you can retract your statement and call it a wonderful thing.

link   
a reply to: Grambler

Ok then there is no need for the media or Muslims to flip out. I hope they too realize its has been the US policy for years, and even if the embassy does move there is no need for violence.

The thing is I don't think anyone knows about the The Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995. Or even cares to find out...

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Hamas says Trump has opened the 'gates of hell' by recognising Jerusalem as Israel's capital...they're putting red white and blue lights around the walls in Jerusalem.....its really going to get hot over there.

Of course Hamas is ready to fight this one. It's against the Islamic religion to even recognize Israel as it's own state, much less a state with their capitol in Jerusalem, where the Dome of the Rock is.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Ok then there is no need for the media or Muslims to flip out. I hope they too realize its has been the US policy for years, and even if the embassy does move there is no need for violence.

The thing is I don't think anyone knows about the The Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995. Or even cares to find out...

The whole situation reaally hammers home why violence should never be taken lightly.

There were people up in arms that this was going to cause many deaths, and who knows it still might.

And at the end of the day, people are just misinformed and do not know the whole story but are still predicting violence.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
Also, Senate passed this 90-0 back in June.

Senate vote

I feel like it's important to quote this part.

The Senate on Monday passed a resolution calling on President Trump to "abide by" provision of a 1995 law moving the U.S. Embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If I read it right, someone was asking when Obama said Jerusalem was the capital of Israel? Not only did he say it was the capital of Israel, he said it should be undivided.

So Obama says it and it's okay with the world.

Trump says it and it's Armageddon.

Figures.

When Obama said it, it was probably words of wisdom and a sign of his greatness.

Trump?

Well he's a Cheeto Moron!

You have a point here for sure.lol

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
When the embassy does move to Jerusalem, the Diplomatic Security Service would be involved in securing the facility and its personnel from any protest soooo, looks like we are moving into Israel. "America in the holy land."
I cant see that working out.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: CranialSponge

Why ?

I'll tell you why:

But Obama said it first!

So you can retract your statement and call it a wonderful thing.

I don't give a sh** who said it first.

The point is that Trump has decided to force the issue... an issue that now puts everyone elses asses on the line.

Previous presidents decided they didn't want to take that risk on behalf of the rest of the world, so they continued to sign the waivers and kick the can down the road in the hopes that the middle east would come to some sort of resolution.

Trump has decided to poke the hornets nest... because he can.

And the rest of us are just going to have to suck it up.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Also, Senate passed this 90-0 back in June.

Senate vote

I feel like it's important to quote this part.

The Senate on Monday passed a resolution calling on President Trump to "abide by" provision of a 1995 law moving the U.S. Embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.

And there was no reason to do that other than to make a statement. The law was already on the books. Why would you vote for such a statement unless you agreed with moving the embassy?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Oh really? Remember when the Jews teamed up w/the Persian Sassanids and conquered Jerusalem from the Byzantine Christians in the 600s AD? What happened next? The Jews started destroying all of the Christian establishments there, then killed and forced out the Christians while proclaiming it to be a Jewish State. They even tried to rebuild the Temple. Even though the Persians were also at war with the Byzantines, they didn't thought they Jews went too far with their actions, so they stopped supporting them. The Byzantines struck back, defeated the Jews, and nearly the entire Jewish population had fled from the region by 640 AD. Why doesn't anyone ever talk abot this?

They were never going to come back to Jerusalem until the invention of modern Zionism in the late 1890s. And ironically, the leaders of the Zionism movement looked at several other locations globally before deciding on current Israel as the Zionist homeland. And even then, they didn't return to modern Isreali lands in large numbers until the lead up to WW2, with the majority of Jewish refugees from Europe still choosing the US instead.

In other words, Jerusalem was controlled by Muslims and/or Christians for more than 1,200 straight years after the Jewish people left. Mostly European Ashkenazi Jews came to the land and then started forcing the inhabitants out, all while claiming it was theirs (even though their family trees hadn't been there for 1,200 years).

It would be like Cherokee leaders 1,000 years from now saying that Tennessee & Georgia are their sacred homelands; then getting the financial & military backing of the global superpower of the time; and then forcing out the American inhabitants through war and terrorism like what happened during the Nakba. I guess the world should ignore concepts like genocide and ethnic cleansing since the Cherokees have beliefs that are tied to modern Tennessee and Georgian land?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Hamas says Trump has opened the 'gates of hell' by recognising Jerusalem as Israel's capital...they're putting red white and blue lights around the walls in Jerusalem.....its really going to get hot over there.

Which is interesting since Hamas gave up control back to a unified government. I guess the word of Hamas means nothing and they arent interested in peace.

Hamas will never give control back to the "unified government". Abbas has been trying to unify Hamas and Fatah for years so that they can create a government for "Palestine", but every time they set an election date to set up the officials for this "unified government", Hamas send rockets into Israel delaying the entire voting process. Hamas hasn't allowed new elections to take place since 2005 or 2007, I can't remember which.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I saw that. I only asked one question in that thread (how is this good for america)but no one could give me a real answer . And that lead me to this information; and after learning this I realized that my question in that thread didn't even matter.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
if you think about it, the reasons are very clear as it sends a message 2 ways one to those in Israel, that the US is going to continue to back and support them. The Israelies have been claiming that city for years, and this is just one more step in that goal.

The second reason is quite simple, it is for the base that still backs the man, the evangelicals, and to not lose their support. It was done for purely political reasons.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

As face23785 posted here www.washingtonexaminer.com...

It looks like it was the congress that pressured trump into forcing the issue.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join