It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Windows Update KB4054022 may have a problem with migrated operating systems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Windows Update KB4054022 hurt my machine.

I am running a PC on Windows 10 Professional. The other updates are okay I think, but this one made my PC not boot up on first try. Every time it was booting on 2nd try. It was also taking ages longer to switch off. I removed each update and this one is the problem. Now the PC is fine. This is the first big update I have had after migrating my windows onto a new disk. First update problem I have had in 17 years of using Windows. i guess I have been lucky reading all the issues people do have with the updates.

I wonder if it is something in Windows that is referencing the location of the old disk I had the operating system on and not finding an operating system there any longer?

Perhaps this is a Windows 10 update issue if one migrates the operating system onto certain new disks. I am sure it is something to do with this as I have read online that others are not having a problem. Perhaps it relates to some address for the last update that the new update is referencing?

No point telling "Fuhrer" Windows as they are utterly useless. There is no human voice to talk to there any more, lol. The Code does not care about my migrating. It is not its concern.

All the fun and frolicking of Robot World!

edit on 6-12-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

The problem Windows has always been Microsoft. To get rid of that problem, go open-source. Wean yourself of the debilitating dependence upon commercial software.

I never have any problem with computer's OS, because it is Linux-based. And it's free.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I have had problems on great occasions but uninstall the update and reload or use system restore and then update again. Most updates will set a restore point so using it is easy. Good luck and a flag. My best,

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Namdru

I have no choice. It is either Apple or Microsoft as 99% of music software only works on these operating systems. I don't even have that choice as we all know the PC is the poor man's choice, but I got Ram that Apple owners can't even dream of yet.

My music PC is loaded with $15,000 plus software and UAD cards, all bought and paid for honestly and accumulated over a lot of years (the licenses). It is either that or sit back with my acoustic and sing camp fire songs without anyone else by the camp fire. Even my guitar peddles require software to operate and they will only work with Windows or MAC.

I wish I had a choice, but like everything else in life it is a prison of opportunity.

edit on 6-12-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: airforce47
I have had problems on great occasions but uninstall the update and reload or use system restore and then update again. Most updates will set a restore point so using it is easy. Good luck and a flag. My best,

Thank you very much. I have an option here where I can switch to business computer. i think they make sure the updates work before giving them to the business PCs. The rest of us are lab rats.

I hope they get it right. Sure they will eventually.

It is all fine and dandy now. I will wait until the updates are released for business systems.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Have you looked at the system logs? They may give an idea of where the problem is.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Have you tried restarting the computer? Maybe have an update that is pending restart first. That's how I overcame this same problem.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

It killed my system. It failed booting and corrupted all the user profiles.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Best excuse there ever was not to be tied to Linux -- Art! Not using proprietary software for a musician would be like a painter grinding their own pigments.

Good luck keeping that system working...sounds you have a lot riding on it.

new topics

top topics

join