It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-35 BMD

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

NG just posted this not long ago as well:

And these a while back:

edit on 8-12-2017 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Only way i can think of getting a kill..
"on February 14, 1945, a No. 602 Squadron RAF Spitfire wingman fired at a V-2 just after launchon October 29, 1944, Lieutenants Donald A. Schultz and Charles M."

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I couldn't really find much info but an ICBM (I think) hits about Mach 20 in 70 seconds?

So somewhere underneath that means it will out pacing an AIM120.

Time to see the launch, lock, fire the missile, even if the jet did everything except pickle then a couple of seconds, plus flight time, plus every other scenario probably means you would need to be within 20 seconds flight time of an Aim-120 to get near a low probability of intercept.

I'm sure a F-4 could do the same if it happened to over an ICBM launch.

Maybe hypersonic missiles will fair better, but we didn't have much luck in Iraq just finding SCUDs with air superiority or even detecting them launch.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Zaph,
I also read a similar reference. A couple weeks ago I read an article in an obscure geo-politic blog that interviewed an industry/retired mil. person, who stated an aerial system has been successfully tested, and very recently. He described a boosted hybrid interceptor, possibly based on sm-3.
Also what he described was not a ABM defense system per se, but more of a stopgap measure for the korean situation, that has been hastily assembled.
He also implied that its carrier is a new or undisclosed stealthy platform.
When I tried to re source the article its not there anymore.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: punkinworks10

It would be nice if we did have something along those lines. It might be more reliable than what we do have.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join