It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Is Homeland Security Succeeding?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Supposedly the US is not protecting its ports. Actually I just about know the US isn't protecting its ports because people I know or know of are constantly importing Ecstacy and AK-47s from China and South America. Local police forces seem pretty much powerless to prevent conventional crime, much less terrorism.
So here's what I'm wondering- what intelligence sources does DoHS have that are helping them keep us safe from terrorism. How is it that drug dealers can bring AK-47s into this country all day long, but terrorists can't get their hands on a couple of lousy RPGs, some mines, or mortars? Why hasn't their been a mortar attack on the White House? Why hasn't some lone Islamic nut done the Oklahoma City thing?

I've got a theory for whats happening on the domestic side, but it doesn't explain everything. I think that law enforcement are monitoring the purchase of explosive materials here in America better than anyone knows. I think that if I go somewhere other than Home Depot and try to buy any substantial quantity of nitrated fertilizer, odds are that I get reported, background checked, and maybe monitored by law enforcement without even knowing it.
What that doesn't answer is why there have been no other attacks. I don't talk about the details but I know exactly how to kill 200 marines and get their weapons here in America. Why haven't terrorists imagined things like this and done it? It would take little planning and little equipment; it would be almost unstoppable.

Then I have absolutely no idea how the government is keeping Katyusha rockets, mines, mortars, or RPGs out of the country. They'd have to be in contract with or in control of just about every arms dealer in the world, and they'd have to have to be secretly tracking all shipping the world around. Obviously they aren't doing this since they can't seem to keep drugs and other weapons out of Los Angeles.

So who has bright ideas? What is America doing that we all don't know about which is making it impossible for organized terrorists as well as "lone gunmen" to carry out attacks?

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Similar situation already covered in the 'Mexican Border' threads.
IT is becoming obvious that the Government subscribes to the "A population in fear is a population under control" way of dealing with it's citizens. If there were truly any major threats you could be sure the border would be closed at all points. For all we know Mexico has secretly been sending it's army to occupy the United States as illegal immigrants.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
How is homeland security succeeding?

I don't know. I don't think anyone outside the highest level of the government knows EXACTLY how homeland security is succeeding. But the fact of the matter is that there have been no terrorist attacks since 9/11. Perhaps the terrorists just haven't tried to attack us, or perhaps our government and all the reforms have made a difference. It's anyone's guess...

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kwintz
I don't know. I don't think anyone outside the highest level of the government knows EXACTLY how homeland security is succeeding. But the fact of the matter is that there have been no terrorist attacks since 9/11. Perhaps the terrorists just haven't tried to attack us, or perhaps our government and all the reforms have made a difference. It's anyone's guess...

I'm guessing its just escaped your memory for a brief moment, but there was the anthrax mailings, the Shoe Bomber, the Maryland Sniper, the Smileyface Bomber, and the WV/Ohio Sniper(s) that took place after 09/11/01 on U.S. soil. All terrorist events. Two of which remain unsolved. The Shoe Bomber incident was a foreign terrorist attack which was only prevented from successfully completing due to the actions of civilian passengers on the flight it took place on. No government action was even taken in that case until after it had been stopped.

Has there been any homeland terrorist attacks since the WV/Ohio Sniper case? None as of yet, but those crimes took place just a little over a year ago at this point.

[edit on 13-2-2005 by Frith]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
I'm guessing its just escaped your memory for a brief moment, but there was the anthrax mailings,

In which the prime suspect was formerly employed by a the company that makes Cipro.

the Shoe Bomber,

Am I the only one who felt like there was something we weren't being told in that story?

the Maryland Sniper, the Smileyface Bomber, and the WV/Ohio Sniper(s) that took place after 09/11/01 on U.S. soil.

All domestic.

The Shoe Bomber incident was a foreign terrorist attack which was only prevented from successfully completing due to the actions of civilian passengers on the flight it took place on.

Or because the guy was most likely legally retarded and could not manage to strike a match and keep it lit. That was the most overblown and ridiculous threat imaginable. I dont know who Reid worked for, but I'm guessing they found him in a mental hospital.

No government action was even taken in that case until after it had been stopped.

This is more or less my point though. If these random idiots can attempt to carry out attacks without the government laying a finger on them, why can't the smart terrorists pull something off successfully? There hasn't been a serious foreign attempt since 9/11. There are only so many possibilities. Either there isn't really a CIA-trained billionaire supervillian with millions of followers out to destroy us, or if there is the government has some tricks up its sleeve that we don't know they are using.

I think a cult of 100 people trying its hardest could do more to us than Al Qaida has. Something is wrong with the explanation we've been given of this war on terror.

new topics

top topics

join