It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's official , Jerusalem is Israel's capital - Trump

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: matafuchs

Jerusalem is the rightful capital of Israel. It was for centuries. Then it was lost multiple times.

So you'd be ok with England laying claim to America again? I mean they did own us a few centuries ago so by rule they should be allowed to own us again.

A lot more akin to England having a consulate in Houston if Mexico still claimed all of Texas was theirs, isn't it?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I'll ask this a little louder so everyone can hear.

Can anyone explain HOW this will be good for america!?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Erdoğan represents a legitimate government but also one aligned with terrorist organizations such as Daesh and Hamas.

As do Saudi but they are still an important ally.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Yeah I don't get this either.

The only thing this does is further damage Americas international standing.

Can anyone explain why this is a good thing?
edit on 6-12-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: matafuchs

Jerusalem is the rightful capital of Israel. It was for centuries. Then it was lost multiple times.

So you'd be ok with England laying claim to America again? I mean they did own us a few centuries ago so by rule they should be allowed to own us again.

You have the example backwards.

Israel, like the U.S., has controlled it's country for over 50 years.

So the more apt example would be France says they are moving or building a new embassy in Washington dc.

This causes millions of British people who still hold a hope for getting dc back to start killing French people.

According to uou, this is the French fault just as much as the murderers.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

The fact anyone supports this is beyond me.
The fact some Americans supports this is unbelievable. I mean how stupid can anyone be ??
Don’t you get you are being played ?

Netanyahu: “Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away”

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Erdoğan represents a legitimate government but also one aligned with terrorist organizations such as Daesh and Hamas.

As do Saudi but they are still an important ally.

Then why is Turkey upset at where the US places an embassy, to the extent of sanctions (which will not negatively affect the US half as much as it will the Turkish)?

Doesn't it sound like a fairly extreme response to something that is none of its business at all?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Avicenne

Did he say that to you in your head?
edit on 6-12-2017 by Peeple because: One letter

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Hows it bad? The crazies will always find an excuse to blow themself up.
Recognizing reality is alwys a good first step, especially when the wishful thinking of the past decades didnt get them anywhere.
America also gains credibility and finally shows some balls on the issue. In the long run this might actually force the Palestinians to readjust the unrealistic expectations. And it just bought them a ton of goodwill/trust with Israel/Netanyahu.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

Thats not the question.

The question is how is this possibly a good thing for America?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Again with putting words in my mouth. You're a master at your craft, creating straw men to suit your argument. The analogy OBVIOUSLY flew right over your head because now you're saying I'm calling ALL Muslims child molesters. Lol.

The fact is Trump is doing this in spite of the knowledge that it will most likely end in violence, much like a bad parent leaving their kids with a child molester knowing full well what they will probably end up doing. That says nothing about Islam as a whole, it is a simple analogy that you are trying to twist into me calling all Muslims child molesters. Could you be any more disingenuous?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Avicenne

Did he sad that to you in your head?

English please

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: mightmight

Thats not the question.

The question is how is this possibly a good thing for America?

i would like to know as well.
i will wait

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
If this does lead to violence will Trump supporters admit that Trump was wrong to make this move?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Turkey is a Muslim country and Jerusalem is sacred to Muslims , America is legitimising Israels claim to Jerusalem by signaling the moving of their embassy.

link   

If this does lead to violence will Trump supporters admit that Trump was wrong to make this move?

i think you already know the answer to that

link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

It doesn't benefit America in any way except for getting us into another conflict in the Middle East. The MIC is rubbing its hands together and laughing hysterically at this point.
edit on 12/6/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

You really need to listen to the speech or read the transcript of it. He explains it all. There is no need for any kind of violent reaction to this planned move.

link   

Yeah I don't get this either.

The only thing this does is further damage Americas international standing.

Can anyone explain why this is a good thing?

The primary work of an embassy is to protect the rights of one countries citizens within a foreign country the second would be for diplomacy.

The most populous and visited city in Israel is Jerusalem, it makes sense to put an embassy in such a location.

I hardly think that the placement of a foreign embassy in Buford, Wyoming would be a wise choice for that foreign nation.

link   
a reply to: Grambler

So the more apt example would be France says they are moving or building a new embassy in Washington dc.

Except that there are no UN backed treaties between the US and the Native American Indians specifying that Washington must be shared. Jerusalem is ground zero for the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Trump's move is an intentional provocation.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join