It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's official , Jerusalem is Israel's capital - Trump

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

You really need to listen to the speech or read the transcript of it. He explains it all. There is no need for any kind of violent reaction to this planned move.

Again does not answer my question, how is this good for America?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

It's good for bible thumpers.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

How's this bad for America?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

The United States already has a consulate in Jerusalem to handle quotidian business. Embassies are symbolic, making the move symbolic.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
If this does lead to violence will Trump supporters admit that Trump was wrong to make this move?

No.

If this leads to violence, it is because idiots refuse to understand that the USA already recognized that Jerusalem is Israel's capital and this is nothing more than a move of our embassy to the capital. It is a move to place us squarely in the realm of reality. But, haters will find anything to lose their collective tempers over.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Grambler

Again with putting words in my mouth. You're a master at your craft, creating straw men to suit your argument. The analogy OBVIOUSLY flew right over your head because now you're saying I'm calling ALL Muslims child molesters. Lol.

The fact is Trump is doing this in spite of the knowledge that it will most likely end in violence, much like a bad parent leaving their kids with a child molester knowing full well what they will probably end up doing. That says nothing about Islam as a whole, it is a simple analogy that you are trying to twist into me calling all Muslims child molesters. Could you be any more disingenuous?

You keep making analogies that say one side is not human or horrinle in some way, and so the other side should be wary of them and act accordingly because they can't control themselves.

I am saying that is a horrible standard.

Muslims aren't bears to be poked, they aren't child molesters to keep children from.

They are human.

With humans, we offer the dignity of personal agency and responsibility.

You are acting as if Muslims have no choice but to resort to violence if the embassy is moved.

That is ridiclous.

If Muslims resort to violence over this, they are to blame, not trump.

Just like Charlie hebdo was not to blame for their own murders, is was the fault of the people that killed them.

I again say, if these Muslims use this as an excuse to kill, then they were never seekin peace in the first place.
edit on 6-12-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

If this does lead to violence will Trump supporters admit that Trump was wrong to make this move?

I’ve stop wishful thinking.
I truly don’t understand how they see anything positive about him.
I’ve stopped trying to understand.

That’s some Hitler type blind nationalism.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

No not at all.

If Muslims end up killing people in Europe and the us, will you blame the leaders that let them in?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

You really need to listen to the speech or read the transcript of it. He explains it all. There is no need for any kind of violent reaction to this planned move.

Again does not answer my question, how is this good for America?

Again...Trump answers that question succinctly. Go read the transcript. You can find it in NYT (ugh...hate recommending that rag, but there is where you will find it.) Or, go to YouTube to hear it.

link   

a reply to: mightmight

Thats not the question.

The question is how is this possibly a good thing for America?
Just told you. Gets them an huge amount of political capital in Israel. Remember how Obama got nowhere with Netanyahu for eight years? The right wing Israeli government hated his guts and now they'll worship the ground Trump walks on. The next time Trump ask them for a (political, military or intelligence related) favor he'll get it.

But its the wrong question to ask anyway IMO. Trump did this because a) he and his son-in-law believe its the right thing to do and b) most of his base will love it. Whether or not he'll be smart enough to play his new Chips right remains to be seen.
And of course, the move speeks volumes about the changing bigger picture in the Middle East. Previous Presidents (excluding Obama here) didnt refrain from moving the embassy because they thought it would be the wrong move but because they feared the reactions of their arabian allies. Watch what happens next. Pretty much nothing. There will of course be an outcry and violance from the arabian street, but beyond that, nothing of substance will change. In fact Saudi Arabia is just about ready to throw the Palestinians under the bus in favor of normalizing ties with Israel. Both have way bigger fish to fry (Iran) than fret about Trump calling a spade a spade...
edit on 6-12-2017 by mightmight because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Avicenne

Supporting Jewish people equals literally Hitler.

Some of you are being extremely ridiculous. Please think before you decide to post anything

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Turkey is a Muslim country and Jerusalem is sacred to Muslims , America is legitimising Israels claim to Jerusalem by signaling the moving of their embassy.
Is Jerusalem sacred to Jews? What's your point

link   
a reply to: gortex

Personally, I think that letting the UN dictate to a country where its borders are and what portions of cities that it does and does not control is "stupid," especially when its against the will of the nation within whose borders and under whose control the city was prior to the dissolving of an empire that took that city away by force.

Taking something by force--it reminds me of something that Israel did concerning the eastern side of Jerusalem in 1947 when the UN thought that they could tell them to whom parts of the city belong.

The UN is the root cause of the issues surrounding Jerusalem and subsequent issues with Palestine (and Jordan, to a lesser extent).

Many of us are tired of a 'global body' telling individual countries what they can and cannot do or where their borders are and are not...and whether or not a war and subsequent annexation of a piece of land that, historically, was theirs, is legal and "officially" recognized.

As for this being good or bad in the long-term, obviously the UN's "solution" to Jerusalem hasn't worked out so well--would you rather continue on doing the same thing and hoping for a different result, or can we admit that such an approach would be insane?

link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
I'll ask this a little louder so everyone can hear.

Can anyone explain HOW this will be good for america!?

As I already said...it makes the Christian Crazies happy because they are one step closer to the Rapture.

link   

originally posted by: gortex

Turkey is a Muslim country and Jerusalem is sacred to Muslims , America is legitimising Israels claim to Jerusalem by signaling the moving of their embassy.

Christians also view Jerusalem as sacred.

So I guess we will see millions of Christians up in arms over this too right?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

How's this bad for America?

It provides a pretext for violence against Americans, and encourages the Greater Israel faction to begin ethnic cleansing in earnest. This can lead to a general war in the region between American allies, which is why Vladimir Putin must be dancing the chechotka at the news.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Not the same by a long shot...nice try though.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

You are acting as if Muslims have no choice but to resort to violence of the embassy is moved.

Yet again you totally miss my point, I'm not surprised. I'm acting as if it is stupid and reckless to go into a bears din and try to cuddle with its cubs.

Muslims are human but humans aren't exactly the most peaceful things when it comes to religion, regardless of what religion they lay claim to, much like a bear is not peaceful when it comes to protecting its cubs.

Trump is poking the bear for no other reason than to get a reaction from it. Surely you're not this dense?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
More of his stupid provocations. Provoke, provoke provoke. And always at the expense of others.
NK, case in point.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join